Search

Citi Merchant Offers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2020, 6:01 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Citi Merchant Offers

Cit has added targeted discount offers, similar to the American Express and Chase programs. The offers are displayed here (must be logged in):

https://online.citi.com/US/ag/merchantoffers

I have 200 offers on Double Cash, none on Premier. A high proportion are local restaurants, which means there is likely not a large overlap with the other issuers' programs.

Last edited by mia; Dec 13, 2020 at 6:34 pm
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:59 pm

FWIW, I have offers on TY preferred but not simplicity or ATTAM.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mia
Cit has added targeted discount offers, similar to the American Express and Chase programs. The offers are displayed here (must be logged in):

I have 200 offers on Double Cash, none on Premier. A high proportion are local restaurants, which means there is likely not a large overlap with the other issuers' programs.
Note the fine print that if the credit card is enrolled in "another program" it may be removed from that "other program". When I signed up for one offer my DoubleCash was automatically removed from the Dine Rewards FF mile program. So those using the Dine Rewards platform are going to be disappointed.
mia and akr1970akr like this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
its rebranded iDine and inperson ebates for the most part. few unique offers that one can stack.

but premier and rewards + are showing slightly different offers

i'll be surprised if i can use it more than once a year
mia likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:30 pm

It seems to be very similar to Rakuten/Upromise/etc especially the dining portions.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 6:40 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I dined twice using a register card with the added offer but saw no credits.
How is it working for other people?
Old Feb 19, 2021, 8:32 pm

I've been credited as soon as the charge post for online purchases. I can't speak to in person transactions.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:42 pm

Citi Merchant Offers

Here are some current offers that some might find useful:
BPme -- buy $20+ / get $10, exp. April 30
Expedia -- 10% Off (min $10, max $50).
The Farmer's Dog is a money maker -- buy $10+, receive $25.

Last edited by MaxVO; Mar 27, 2021 at 11:56 am
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:16 pm

Added the BPme Offer about 2 weeks ago, and used it at an Amoco station on 4/03. The following business day the offer disappeared from my account, so I take it the system detected it. However, no credit has posted as of today (4/08). Checking with a CS human agent was less useful than even the badly programmed Citi bots. All she had on her menu was transferring me to TYP department or sending me back to the gas station.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Added the BPme Offer about 2 weeks ago, and used it at an Amoco station on 4/03. The following business day the offer disappeared from my account, so I take it the system detected it. However, no credit has posted as of today (4/08). Checking with a CS human agent was less useful than even the badly programmed Citi bots. All she had on her menu was transferring me to TYP department or sending me back to the gas station.
I purchased gas on Feb 20. The credit posted March 5th . Just under 3 weeks. I had similar experience where even to this day, the BP offer just vanished and doesn't show as redeemed.
MaxVO and akr1970akr like this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by CerealCardSpender
I purchased gas on Feb 20. The credit posted March 5th . Just under 3 weeks. I had similar experience where even to this day, the BP offer just vanished and doesn't show as redeemed.
Good to know that your credit eventually posted. One positive side of this experience -- the fuel was remarkably good. The engine runs quieter, and mileage got a bump. I bought "regular" grade gas.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Citi Merchant Offers are like an interns attempt to replicate Amex Offers.

You'd think there would be some shame at launching such a clearly beta version of this service.

But this is Citi afterall

They key ones to look out for are ones that do not replicate others, and can thus be stacked.

I got a really great one from H&M back in the fall, which turned into a triple stack. (Merchant, portal, card)

Only time it worked
MaxVO likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 4:24 am

What do your merchant details look like? I added the Prestige card to the BP app, used the app to unlock and pay at the pump. The charge posted on the 10th, but the offer is still there, which doesn't sound good. It shows as Purchase Method - Online , Vehicle Services - Automated Gas Dispenser.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by voodoogirl
...Purchase Method - Online , Vehicle Services - Automated Gas Dispenser.
My purchase via BPme is listed on the account with the exact same description. Just checked again today, and the rebate has still not posted. However, there's a new entry on the "Merchant Offers" webpage -- Earnings to Date = $10. That looks encouraging, like the preview feature of the AmEx Offers.

There's also a new gas offer for using the Exxon Mobil app: $5/$20, exp. May 31
Be careful with it -- only good for the Synergy Supreme+ grade.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 3:57 pm

My purchase via BPme is listed on the account with the exact same description. Just checked again today, and the rebate has still not posted. However, there's a new entry on the "Merchant Offers" webpage -- Earnings to Date = $10. That looks encouraging, like the preview feature of the AmEx Offers.

There's also a new gas offer for using the Exxon Mobil app: $5/$20, exp. May 31
Be careful with it -- only good for the Synergy Supreme+ grade.
That does sound encouraging. Mine is still showing that the offer is Enrolled and nothing redeemed. :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.