US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
U.S. Bank FlexPerks

http://www.flexperks.com/default.htm

They've been taking out full page ads in the Seattle Sunday paper the past couple of weeks. I have to say it does look interesting now that TYP fixed redemptions are gone...
Old May 26, 2009, 12:19 pm

Thanks for posting that.

I got my FlexPerks card in the mail today. Do I have to cancel my worldperks card or just activate the FlexPerks card?

Also, when I activate the FlexPerks card, that, in no way, will affect my credit score will it? (I am obviously already pre-approved for the card simply by being a Worlperks card holder, correct?)

Thanks
Old May 26, 2009, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Is there any reason to get this card.

The card comes with bonus miles/points, cost $49 yearly, and requires me to spend real money (enough for an airline ticket to get a reward). Why would I get this card? The AMEX and Citibank offer far better products.
Old May 27, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
There are reasons, but...

There are some reasons to get this card. You can earn back your annual fee, you can use the points to cover taxes on airfare, you can double-dip and still receive mileage on your reward travel, etc...

Like most people here it doesn't fit my present spending habits in that I'm better off putting airfare and hotels on specific cards, but I can actually see this card being a good deal for some people.

That said, I'm astounded they haven't offered those of us with an expiring Worldperks Visa some sort of retention bonus, like "earn 5,000 bonus points with your first $5000 in spending" or something. Even if I kind of like this card, why would I be willing to start with a balance of 0 points?

Has anyone gotten any sort of offer?
Old May 27, 2009, 8:38 am

I have the WorldPerks Visa Signature card and received an offer yesterday with the FlexPerks Travel Rewards card that replaces it.

"Free Award Travel Starts At Just 20,000 FlexPoints."
"Your bonus FlexPoints offer will get you there."

"Activate your card (1-888-200-9959), spend $500 and receive 10,000 Bonus FlexPoints."
"Register (flexperks.com/freeflight10 using code 36991), spend another $4500 and receive 5000 Bonus FlexPoints."
"Bonus FlexPoints + earned FlexPoints = Free Flight"

Fine print: Activation, registration, and net purchase spending by 10/31/09 required for bonuses. Bonus FlexPoints awarded 6-8 weeks after net purchase threshold are posted.

Last edited by flyingwombat; May 27, 2009 at 8:46 am Reason: Fat fingers are my curse.
Old May 27, 2009, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by flyingwombat
I have the WorldPerks Visa Signature card and received an offer yesterday with the FlexPerks Travel Rewards card that replaces it.
I'm curious, what was the offer?
Old May 27, 2009, 9:02 am

Plus you can "double dip" for a short time. Purchases between card activation and 6/15/2009 will earn WorldPerks miles and FlexPoints. The offer also states the new Travel Rewards FlexPerks has no annual fee for the first year so it may be worth it to some to complete the bonus offer (free flight up to $400 ticket value) and then dump the card if/when there are better options available.

Last edited by flyingwombat; May 27, 2009 at 9:05 am Reason: I write like I have a 2nd grade education
Old May 27, 2009, 9:09 am

Now the real question is: Did anyone get a better offer? A different promo code? I may not register quite yet until this has been answered.
Old May 27, 2009, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by flyingwombat
Now the real question is: Did anyone get a better offer? A different promo code? I may not register quite yet until this has been answered.
yes there's another (better) offer listed in the NWA forums
http://www.flexperks.com/fpv_freeflight15tc.htm

gl
Old May 27, 2009, 11:00 am

So this offer means that your first $5000 in spending equals a minimum of 20,000 points (more in whatever category you get double points in). That's not bad for a free flight I can accumulate miles with if there's no annual fee the first year.

Even if you don't like their other redemption offers you can take it as a statement credit. 20,000 points equals $200. That's a minimum of 4% back in cash.

I'm certainly willing to take this deal. Even if it means only spending $5000 then closing it down after spending the points. But like the previous poster I'll wait to see if anyone got a better offer code. I'm still waiting to receive my new card anyways.
Old May 27, 2009, 2:35 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Free?

Originally Posted by whynotgo
The card comes with bonus miles/points, cost $49 yearly, and requires me to spend real money (enough for an airline ticket to get a reward). Why would I get this card? The AMEX and Citibank offer far better products.
My offer says no annual fee for the first year. Am I special? Or did you miss this? It is written on the top of the stiff paper that the card is stuck to.
Old May 27, 2009, 3:01 pm

Going through the mail

And I realized I had two NW cards: one for me and another for my business. Now I have TWO flex cards I'm considering opening. I wonder if they automaticlly combine the points into one account?
Old May 27, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thebat
And I realized I had two NW cards: one for me and another for my business. Now I have TWO flex cards I'm considering opening. I wonder if they automaticlly combine the points into one account?
I called them about this earlier today. No, they don't.
Old May 27, 2009, 4:35 pm

Bye Bye.

Originally Posted by nabeelj
I called them about this earlier today. No, they don't.
I guess with all the limitations, it's just not worth it. Bye bye US Bank.
Old May 28, 2009, 9:09 pm

My offer was: Spend $500/15,000 points
Spend $2,000/2,500 points
Total is 20,000 points/ free flight
Code 37019 flexperks.com/business15

Last edited by zz7777zz; May 28, 2009 at 9:12 pm Reason: code

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.