US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
This is what I tried to do, but usbank is telling me that I will lose all points earned from the Visa card and the account resets with the Amex. Doesn't sound right. Will update when I learn more.
That would be disappointing, and it contradicts what I was told earlier! The FlexPerks account can be linked to multiple cards, I already checked that when my AMEX card showed up on their website. Of course, with US Bank's crappy customer service, one never knows.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
This is what I tried to do, but usbank is telling me that I will lose all points earned from the Visa card and the account resets with the Amex. Doesn't sound right. Will update when I learn more.
Every card has a different Flexperks account. But you can transfer points between accounts. So open the Amex account, transfer the points from the Visa account to the Amex account and then cancel the visa account.

However check the expiration policy for the transferred points.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by cyclotron
Every card has a different Flexperks account. But you can transfer points between accounts. So open the Amex account, transfer the points from the Visa account to the Amex account and then cancel the visa account.

However check the expiration policy for the transferred points.
Both of the cards have the same FlexPerks account number, but they are displayed separately (I.e. One has 0 points because it's new...the other has all of my old points from the Visa). When I tried to transfer the points, it came up with an error.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Anyone know if the AU's on the AMEX Flexperks card have different credit card #'s? This would be really important for large families & Serve.
Got my cards today and both have the same card number.

The T&C that came with the card don't say anything about the annual fee being waived if you have another US Bank account, but I trust them to honor what it says online. I should probably save a copy.

Last edited by MisterBill; Jul 27, 2015 at 7:07 pm
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Got my cards today and both have the same card number.

The T&C that came with the card don't say anything about the annual fee being waived if you have another US Bank account, but I trust them to honor what it says online. I should probably save a copy.
Can you point to the online source that says that they will waive the annual fee if you have another US Bank account. Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by halamadrid
Can you point to the online source that says that they will waive the annual fee if you have another US Bank account. Thanks.
Interesting.. I just checked and it's not there. However, I have the mailer they sent me (which I'm going to be sure to put with the paperwork I got with the card) which says "$49 Annual Relationship Bonus each year you maintain another qualifying US Bank relationship". There's fine print on the back that says it includes credit cards, checking or savings accounts. I just emailed them to ask about it.

See if you have a pre-approved offer. It was in there.

Last edited by MisterBill; Jul 27, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Interesting.. I just checked and it's not there. However, I have the mailer they sent me (which I'm going to be sure to put with the paperwork I got with the card) which says "$49 Annual Relationship Bonus each year you maintain another qualifying US Bank relationship". There's fine print on the back that says it includes credit cards, checking or savings accounts. I just emailed them to ask about it.

For me, the following appears online under my checking account...

Go Farther with 10,000 bonus FlexPoints.
Plus, get an annual $49 Relationship Bonus. You're pre-qualified!
...with a "Learn More" link to a webpage that states:

Put some additional perks in your wallet with the U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards American Express® Card.

Your excellent credit history pre-qualifies you for a new U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards American Express Card. Supercharge your wallet with the perks this Card offers, which include the FlexPerks benefits you love and more.

Special 0% introductory APR* for the first 15 billing cycles on purchases and on any balances transferred within the first 30 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR applies, currently 14.99%.*

Get a 0% Introductory Annual Fee for the first 12 months, $49 thereafter.

Plus! Receive an annual $49 Relationship Bonus1 with your U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards American Express Card each year you are charged an annual fee on this account and maintain another qualifying U.S. Bank relationship. The Relationship Bonus is awarded annually as a $49 statement credit.

Earn faster with double FlexPoints on restaurants,2 plus double FlexPoints on gas, grocery or airline purchases (whichever category you spend most on each monthly billing cycle), and on most cell phone expenses.2 You’ll also earn 1 FlexPoint per $1 on other everyday purchases.

Get started with 10,000 bonus FlexPoints when you spend $500 in Net Purchases within the first 90 days of account opening date.3 Award travel starts at just 20,000 FlexPoints (up to a $400 ticket value).
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:57 am

Thanks. I was able to apply over the phone and the CSR confirmed that the terms reflected the relationship bonus. Oddly enough the call got cut off right at the end and now I have to wait 2 days to verify whether the application was successfully submitted or not. I did it over the phone for the sole purpose of having confirmation of the relationship bonus. We'll see.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:32 am

Thanks. I was able to apply over the phone and the CSR confirmed that the terms reflected the relationship bonus. Oddly enough the call got cut off right at the end and now I have to wait 2 days to verify whether the application was successfully submitted or not. I did it over the phone for the sole purpose of having confirmation of the relationship bonus. We'll see.
I got a response to my email asking about the annual fee and was told they would not waive it after the first year. I wrote back and pointed out that the offer I received clearly stated that there was a $49 relationship bonus in several places. Let's see how they respond. Their customer service really is the worst.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:49 am

I got a response to my email asking about the annual fee and was told they would not waive it after the first year. I wrote back and pointed out that the offer I received clearly stated that there was a $49 relationship bonus in several places. Let's see how they respond. Their customer service really is the worst.
Well, when I was applying this was not just a response to my question to CSR; he actually told me about the relationship bonus beginning on year 2 (first year is already waived) as part of him reading the script with the terms and conditions of the application. He went into pretty good detail as to what the relationship bonus meant and the waiving of the fee so this was all in front of him. I felt pretty confident that the relationship bonus would apply, which is why I moved forward with the application.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:53 am

Well, when I was applying this was not just a response to my question to CSR; he actually told me about the relationship bonus beginning on year 2 (first year is already waived) as part of him reading the script with the terms and conditions of the application. He went into pretty good detail as to what the relationship bonus meant and the waiving of the fee so this was all in front of him. I felt pretty confident that the relationship bonus would apply, which is why I moved forward with the application.
Well, you'll have to check your fees sheet when you get the card.

BTW you can call 800-947-1444 to check on the status of your application (specifically to see if it was submitted). Don't be concerned if the automated system doesn't find it based on your SS#, it didn't find mine, even after I was approved!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:03 pm

Well, you'll have to check your fees sheet when you get the card.

BTW you can call 800-947-1444 to check on the status of your application (specifically to see if it was submitted). Don't be concerned if the automated system doesn't find it based on your SS#, it didn't find mine, even after I was approved!
Thanks. I was able to call and confirm that my application is indeed in. I still have to wait for the normal processing, which is fine as I'm not in a hurry. I'll also be sure to check the terms that they send to confirm the relationship bonus is there in writing.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:58 pm

Thanks. I was able to call and confirm that my application is indeed in. I still have to wait for the normal processing, which is fine as I'm not in a hurry. I'll also be sure to check the terms that they send to confirm the relationship bonus is there in writing.
Would be interesting to see if anyone who received the AMEX card has had the relationship bonus mentioned in their rates/fees sheet when receiving the card.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:08 pm

I've had my Amex Flexperks card for about a month now, having applied for it in late June under the semi-targeted spend $500, get 20 000 points offer. My terms say nothing about the annual fee being waived for having another US Bank product, but in [possibly vain] hope, I've since opened a gold checking account.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:21 pm

That would be disappointing, and it contradicts what I was told earlier! The FlexPerks account can be linked to multiple cards, I already checked that when my AMEX card showed up on their website. Of course, with US Bank's crappy customer service, one never knows.
Multiple agents have confirmed for me that points earned with a FlexPerks Visa are forfeited when the card is canceled, even if you also have an Amex FlexPerks card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.