US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by baronworm
Yes they added the facebook (or flexperks) login requirement last year. The other thing they require (and this might be what's affecting your friends) is that you can only vote once per day per computer. So if your mom logs into her facebook account and votes for you, and then later that same day your dad sits down at the same computer to do the same thing, he will get the "Come back again tomorrow" error.
Just an FYI. I've voted several times a day on the same computer w/no issue. However, my BF and I have had to log out of our respective FB accounts and log into the other before we could vote a second time.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by milemission
I tried to upload my photo but the photo didn't show up (just a blank page).
I didn't link any FB,and just logged in the flexperks promo site. Do I have to link facebook to enter the photo contest? I only care about the 500 points.

You help is much appreciated!
I would be very surprised if you need to log into facebook in order to submit a photo.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by JerseyGirlLisa
Just an FYI. I've voted several times a day on the same computer w/no issue. However, my BF and I have had to log out of our respective FB accounts and log into the other before we could vote a second time.
Oh that's good to hear (and makes a lot more sense). I'm glad to be mistaken about that!
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:06 am

My aunt just discovered that Flexperks took away 16,000 miles from her account in March because they expired. She said she never received an email about this. The only email she has from Flexperks was about the HD breech. (She never deletes her emails.) She wouldn't have received notification with a statement, because she hasn't used the card in a year. What advice would you have for how to deal with them regarding this issue. Thank you.

P.S. I have tried to search this issue, but can't seem to find anything, so I am asking here.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by rabatt
My aunt just discovered that Flexperks took away 16,000 miles from her account in March because they expired. She said she never received an email about this. The only email she has from Flexperks was about the HD breech. (She never deletes her emails.) She wouldn't have received notification with a statement, because she hasn't used the card in a year. What advice would you have for how to deal with them regarding this issue. Thank you.

P.S. I have tried to search this issue, but can't seem to find anything, so I am asking here.

T&C state FlexPoints expire after 5 years from the quarter in which they were earned. I don't think there is much recourse.

If she regularly used the card at all, it would have generated a statement warning of FlexPoints that were expiring maybe a month beforehand. I don't think its right that US does this with no notice, but I think they count on being sneaky and quiet about FlexPoint breakage (expiration) to offer other folks money-losing redemption rates.

US has fairly incompetent and powerless customer service reps, so asking for reinstatement will be like talking to a brick wall. However, wouldn't hurt to ask--the worst they can say is 'no'.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by brc01
T&C state FlexPoints expire after 5 years from the quarter in which they were earned. I don't think there is much recourse.

If she regularly used the card at all, it would have generated a statement warning of FlexPoints that were expiring maybe a month beforehand. I don't think its right that US does this with no notice, but I think they count on being sneaky and quiet about FlexPoint breakage (expiration) to offer other folks money-losing redemption rates.

US has fairly incompetent and powerless customer service reps, so asking for reinstatement will be like talking to a brick wall. However, wouldn't hurt to ask--the worst they can say is 'no'.
Thanks for replying. No, she didn't regularly use the card, so she never received a statement about the change. She also said that she signed up for it six years ago because it advertized that "your points never expire."
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: All of em...
The travel booking engine says it books Royal Jordanian sites but I can't get it to pull up a single flight CAI-TLV on May 12th. Any suggestions? First time redeeming these.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:56 pm

Flexpoints Hotel Reservation Cancellation/Points Refund

I'm adding this info for future reference. I wasn't able to find a lot of information about hotel cancellations when I looked, so I'm hoping this will help someone else down the line.

I booked a hotel reservation (online, not by phone) with my Flexpoints. (I know it's not as good a redemption as flights, but it was a good redemption for my situation.) A couple of weeks after I booked with the points, I got an email with an great promo for the same hotel--good enough to make me want to cancel the Flexpoints reservation and make a cash reservation. When I made the reservation it looked like it was possible to cancel with little or no penalty by a certain date. But when I went back and looked at the confirmation, it wasn't as clear (the "minus any applicable cancellation fees" concerned me). I called the number on the reservation and the rep carefully reviewed the reservation and talked to a supervisor. He said it looked like I'd get 100% of the points back, but it would take 7 to 8 weeks. I wasn't thrilled about the wait to have the points refunded, but I went ahead and cancelled. I logged into my account just a couple of hours later and the points were already back!

A couple of things worth mentioning:

The confirmation for my booking did say:
"If you cancel your reservation, we will refund the total cost of the reservation minus any applicable cancellation fees.
If you cancel by {14 days before} we will refund the total cost of the reservation minus any applicable cancellation fees.
If you cancel between {14 days and 2 days} the reservation is non-refundable.
If you cancel between {2 days and day of reservation} the reservation is non-refundable.
If you cancel on or after {day of reservation} the reservation is non-refundable."

It also said:
"The Rewards Center services are powered by Orbitz."
I was able to check the hotel on Orbitz, where it said there are no cancellation fees for that hotel, when booked through Orbitz.

I hope this help someone. If you have a question down the road, feel free to pm me and I'll try to answer your questions. (Hopefully I'll remember the details!)
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:21 am

I only have enough points for one flight, but I need two tickets.

I could've sworn it was possible to use the Travelocity site to simultaneously book the reward ticket AND the paid ticket.
Does anyone know how to do this?
Or Is this something that can only be done via a $20 phone call?
Originally Posted by paulcone
You could do what I did and buy the adjoining seat on a separate purchase. But then hope they don't automatically upgrade you to first class and not your wife, and then you're fighting to get your seat back so you can stay seated next to her.
After getting the runaround via telephone (the US Bank people say, "lemme transfer you to booking..." the booking people say "We know nothing about the website, but I can book this for you for $35 or transfer you" [back to the first number I talked to]. I got sick of the hassle and just did it in two steps as paulcone suggested above. It all worked out fine, assuming I have no travel hassles because of the separate itineraries.

I'm sure I could've booked it over the phone and complained my way out of the $35 fee, but this felt faster.

This seems to be another example of a bit of functionality that was left behind when USBank updated the rewards website. The ability to transfer flexpoints did eventually come back, so perhaps the ability to combine award tickets and paid tickets isn't gone forever.
fyi this has been fixed since I posted above.

(this morning I was able to use the Flexperks rewards site to book a single itinerary that was a points ticket AND two purchased tickets)
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
fyi this has been fixed since I posted above.

(this morning I was able to use the Flexperks rewards site to book a single itinerary that was a points ticket AND two purchased tickets)
So, how does this work. Say that the tickets cost $299 total. You use $400 worth of Flexperks credit for the first ticket. Do you lose the $101 difference between the ticket cost and the credit or can you apply that $101 to the second ticket?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Cellisttoo
So, how does this work. Say that the tickets cost $299 total. You use $400 worth of Flexperks credit for the first ticket. Do you lose the $101 difference between the ticket cost and the credit or can you apply that $101 to the second ticket?

Thanks!
You lose it. Think of each ticket as its own completely separate thing, booked with its own set of FlexPoints.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Cellisttoo

Thanks!
to supplement the above answer by completing your example:

Assuming you are purchasing three tickets, each $299
and you have a flexperks balance of 25,000 pts

first ticket = redeem 20000 points
second ticket = spend $299
third ticket = spend $299
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:15 am

another "enhancement"

Just saw this in my statement -

Beginning January 5, 2015 the Travel Advisor Consultation fee charged per award ticket for reservations
made over the phone will change from twenty dollars ($20) to twenty-five dollars ($25).
Old Nov 8, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL PM, BA Gold, UA Gold, Bonvoy LT PLT
I haven't seen this posted yet, but it appears US Bank has also launched a group of Flexperks AMEX cards.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...eup-2014-11-03

The travel rewards version appears to have all the features of the Visa, but they also have double points on restaurants.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by TWAforever
I haven't seen this posted yet, but it appears US Bank has also launched a group of Flexperks AMEX cards.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...eup-2014-11-03

The travel rewards version appears to have all the features of the Visa, but they also have double points on restaurants.
Along with the double-points on restaurants, another interesting benefit (interesting to me at least) is that this should allow points from Costco purchases.

Not only because Costco accepts AmEx, but also because this USBank credit card page says "earn one FlexPoint on everyday purchases, including at select membership warehouse clubs."

As broken down here on the USBank page for this card, all other features match the Visa.

Assuming everywhere you shop takes AmEx, what is the downside of choosing this card over the Visa? I can't see any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.