US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select+ American Express Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:14 pm

Hi, I have the Flexperks Edge Travel Visa Signature BUSINESS (read business card), which I called to downgrade to one of US Banks Business Cash Back cards. I was told by the phone rep that he had no option to downgrade my business card and that I would have to cancel my account and start a new application for a new Business Cash Back card.

I found this strange because other banks have always allowed me to downgrade my business cards to avoid the annual fee. He offered me 6000 flexpoints to keep the card and I accepted his offer.

Question: Was I misinformed? Can I actually downgrade this business card to a no-fee cash back business card, despite him telling me no?

Cheers
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:58 am

Anyone recently downgrade the Personal FlexPerks Visa to the Cash+?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:56 am

I called today to downgrade my FlexPerks Visa Signature to something else, and the CSR was unable to offer any options. I asked about the Cash+, Amex, or any other card and he said no options were available. The reasons were:

-Product changes between card issuers are not possible
-Product changes between product types (FP to CP) is not possible

My card has been open 11 months.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:07 pm

Just tried to book a Jetblue ticket and refund for travel bank credit (I have Mosaic) but the B6 agent said they can't touch this ticket because it's 3rd party and can't cancel it for credit. I saw people saying it worked before but it seems not anymore.

Ugh now I have to pay FP $30 to refund the points.

Edit: Nevermind. Called B6 again and the 2nd agent was able to do it.

Last edited by Reikon; Aug 14, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by radioactive
I called today to downgrade my FlexPerks Visa Signature to something else, and the CSR was unable to offer any options. I asked about the Cash+, Amex, or any other card and he said no options were available. The reasons were:

-Product changes between product types (FP to CP) is not possible

My card has been open 11 months
that's probably why
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
that's probably why

Yea, that's what I assumed, but I probed him with several angles, and he said the computer didn't offer anything.

I'll try back after 12 months and see if there are any other options. Do I have to pay the AF first and get it refunded?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by radioactive
-Product changes between product types (FP to CP) is not possible.
I was just able to convert my business Flexperks to a Cash Rewards cards before the account was 12 months old AND they offered me the choice of Visa or MC.

Update: Despite promises to convert my card, it hasn't actually been converted and the AF posted.

Update 2: I called and they refunded the AF and the converted card arrived days later.

Last edited by Reikon; Sep 23, 2017 at 3:03 pm
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:19 am

A few of us converted Travel Visa to Select+ Amex. One of them was told the existing points will be converted to cash (didn't fight it) while the other two told the points would be preserved and transferred over. All three don't show either of this yet after a few weeks.. does it take a more than one statement cut to reflect all this?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Called to cancel today, and asked if I can convert to Cash+, said can't convert from points to cashback. Then asked if they have any offers, they offered 2500 points, no spend. Accepted.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:31 pm

Recently dumped my FP for a $798 AS ticket and cancelled after a couple days. Original flight was Dec 22 2017, so more than 60 days. Went in today to redeem into "my wallet", but found that impossible. Trying to "deposit a ticket" through "my wallet" just lead me through the cancellation process again which resulted in an email with the same cancelled flight #. Phone agent was unable convert the credit into "my wallet" funds, I got the impression that this wasn't typical, and that her system was probably identical to what i was seeing. When cancelling, i get the option for full refund to original payment(my cancelled FP card), or

1- "If you exchange your ticket for a new one on or after October 24, 2017, a per person change fee of $125 USD may apply, plus any difference in fare and taxes."
2- "Save the ticket numbers you receive by email. You may use the value toward travel completed by December 22, 2018."

She was only able to change my reservation, same as I am on my side. No way to use as "my wallet" funds. If i change my flight to a cheaper flight, I get a refund option for the difference, but it's unclear where that refund goes.

Am i SOL? Has anyone done this recently?

EDIT: only point I could gain from 2 phone agents, it might be because it was a REFUNDABLE fare, as seen on alaskaair, and thus only qualifies for a full refund or reservation change. Also why a one-way flight was $799. I just saw the price and grabbed it.

yeeeyyyy

Last edited by jeffersun; Sep 15, 2017 at 8:42 pm
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by jeffersun

EDIT: only point I could gain from 2 phone agents, it might be because it was a REFUNDABLE fare, as seen on alaskaair, and thus only qualifies for a full refund or reservation change. Also why a one-way flight was $799. I just saw the price and grabbed it.

yeeeyyyy
Does "yeeeyyyy" mean you're getting refunded to the card, and presumably able to get a refund check?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Can someone describe the Alaska trick on the wiki?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Does "yeeeyyyy" mean you're getting refunded to the card, and presumably able to get a refund check?
it was a sarcastic yeeeyyy, like now i need to work out a $799 or more fare for only myself. I have no idea what will happen if i cancel for refund to my canceled card. If card was still active, i assume you get the refund in flexpoints. I cancel now, I fear a huge hassle with BoA and a possible loss of 40k points, since cancelling the card forfeits any standing rewards. I still have a relationship with BoA with an AR card and checking account.

alaskaair shows the option for full refund, to a credit card ####, which doesn't match my last 4.

i guess it's time to search again...

edit: i'm playing around with fares to change my ticket to, and AS is just...amazing. 4 leg multi city out of HI and back into HI during the holiday and that's not even $700. I never thought I'd have to face the challenge of having to spend more haha. 1st class would do it but not sure it's worth it.

Last edited by jeffersun; Sep 16, 2017 at 10:19 pm
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
I asked to be downgraded to any no annual fee card. They offered to adjust my interest rate to 8.99% for six months. I declined. Then offered me 2500 bonus points, no spend. I again declined as it wouldn't be available in time to use those points to pay the annual fee.

After they closed my account, they invited me to apply to apply online for a no annual fee card. I again declined.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Can someone describe the Alaska trick on the wiki?
Not sure it's the type of thing we want to keep on the Wiki, but I described it upthread in post #1386 . I did this again successfully last month.

Note: As Jeffersun discovered above, applying the funds to My Wallet apparently won't work if cancelling a refundable fare. Purchase a nonrefundable fare, and cancel later than 24 hours after purchase but earlier than 60 days prior to the original travel date. In my case, the flights I canceled were over 60 days away, but I then used the My Wallet funds to purchase the flights I wanted that are less than 60 days away.

Last edited by Julie17; Sep 21, 2017 at 11:07 pm Reason: Edited to add caveat re refundable fares

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.