US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:06 am

List of Charities

Is there a list of approved charities on the Flexperks site?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Is there a discussion thread on the US Bank Flexperks Reserve card described here in a 2015 blog posts? I believe it to be different than the US Bank Altitude Reserve but I could be wrong.
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-ba...0-point-bonus/
https://welltraveledmile.com/u-s-ban...s-card-review/
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:28 pm

I'm attaching the actual announcement of changes for anyone who hasn't already seen it. They do not mention it, but I'm guessing that the $25 credit per ticket redeemed will be going away.

This doesn't work out that badly for me, since I'm currently sitting at around 18,000 points and I don't use the card so I'd have to spend some money on it to get to 20k. Also, if you buy a ticket under $300 (or some other price ranges), this is actually an improvement over the old plan. When I redeemed some points earlier this year, I bought tickets that were close to $400 each, so it worked out well for me. But the tickets were actually quite expensive and if I'd cared about the price and shopped around, I might have been able to find alternate dates closer to $200.

My card is fee-free thanks to a loyalty offer I got a couple of years ago (no annual fee if I have any other US Bank account), so I will keep it and the points until I find a use for them. They even fixed the annual fee credit this year, it showed up the day after the fee hit. Last year they didn't credit it until the following statement closed so I had to pay the bill and then get a refund after the credit hit.
Attached Images  

Last edited by MisterBill; Jul 15, 2017 at 2:57 pm
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MisterBill
I'm attaching the actual announcement of changes for anyone who hasn't already seen it. They do not mention it, but I'm guessing that the $25 credit per ticket redeemed will be going away.
That reminded me to go check on a reimbursement.

Originally Posted by smitty06
buy a 50 dollar gift card on day of travel
Originally Posted by BHArt
Do you do this at the airport? Last time I traveled on Flexpoints I bought a Delta GC online, the rep shot me down for the reimbursement.
I used Flex Points to buy a one-way DL ticket departing in the evening of 6/29. On 6/29 earlier in the day, I bought a $50 gift card online at delta.com; this transaction posted to my account 7/3.

On 7/4 I returned on a separate booking not involving Flex Points.

A day or two after that I called to request reimbursement. The agent was puzzled at first "I don't see any travel charges, just this gift card purchase." I said I was under the impression that any airline-coded purchase was eligible. They put me on a 1-2 minute hold to research/consult and came back to say they submitted the request and it would be processed in 4-6 weeks.

However a $25 credit has posted to my account already with a transaction date of 7/6.

----

On another note, have people received their bonuses from the Amazon promo?

Earn 2,500 FlexPoints when you use your U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® card to make three Amazon.com purchases of at least $25 each by May 31, 2017. Any three purchases qualify – including gift cards, books, electronics, computer games and more.
My third purchase was made on 5/31 but has a posting date of 6/1 so I wonder if I'm screwed, promo-wise. It does say "The 2,500 FlexPoints will be applied to your card account within 10-12 weeks after the end of the promotion period" though, so maybe I just need to wait.

Last edited by Zorak; Mar 15, 2018 at 12:56 pm Reason: Fix typo noticed when referring back to this post 8 months later :)
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
My third purchase was made on 5/31 but has a posting date of 6/1 so I wonder if I'm screwed, promo-wise. It does say "The 2,500 FlexPoints will be applied to your card account within 10-12 weeks after the end of the promotion period" though, so maybe I just need to wait.
Is the transaction date 5/31 or does it only show 6/1. Hopefully it's 5/31 since US Bank "customer service" is notoriously bad if you needed them to do something for you. I bought 3 gift cards on 5/31 and all posted that day.

I was wondering about my $25 from the Cash+ card for the same Amazon deal. Now I know to wait another couple of months.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by ralphs
Is it a business card? I don't believe the business card is eligible
Whether or not it's a business card is contingent on the characteristics of the card (such as whether the spending on it can be controlled/limited by your company, for example).
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My card is fee-free thanks to a loyalty offer I got a couple of years ago (no annual fee if I have any other US Bank account), so I will keep it and the points until I find a use for them.
What card did you have before and what did it earn?

Your card to earn at the "legacy" no-AF rate (1 FlexPerks point for every $2 spend, unless you spend $$$$$$ a year), per item 2 in the picture's text section. That's the same earning I have on my cards with has been no AF since converted a decade or so ago from a no AF Northwest Airlines card. So it seems like you simply "downgraded" to the "crippled" no-AF card.

But these days you can apply for a no-AF Amex card that earns 1 FlexPerks point for every $1 spend, so these "legacy" no-AF cards seem like junk by comparison.

Meanwhile, any bank may close a no-AF card after some time of "no activity" (for that reason). So even if you're otherwise not using it, you may want to do a tiny purchase once every year or so just to make sure that it stays alive.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What card did you have before and what did it earn?

Your card to earn at the "legacy" no-AF rate (1 FlexPerks point for every $2 spend, unless you spend $$$$$$ a year), per item 2 in the picture's text section. That's the same earning I have on my cards with has been no AF since converted a decade or so ago from a no AF Northwest Airlines card. So it seems like you simply "downgraded" to the "crippled" no-AF card.

But these days you can apply for a no-AF Amex card that earns 1 FlexPerks point for every $1 spend, so these "legacy" no-AF cards seem like junk by comparison.

Meanwhile, any bank may close a no-AF card after some time of "no activity" (for that reason). So even if you're otherwise not using it, you may want to do a tiny purchase once every year or so just to make sure that it stays alive.
I have the $49 AF FlexPerks AMEX card. I got charged the $49 fee but then the fee got refunded the day after. I also have a Cash+ card, and a Gold Checking account, which has the monthly $10.95 fee waived (refunded) as a result of having any other US Bank account (including credit card). I wish I could get the AMEX changed to their Visa card so I could get the free Boingo.

My wife also has the $49 FP AMEX but hers is not on the free program. I actually paid the $49 last year because I had too many points on it to transfer to the free card. Then I made sure I used enough points last year so I could transfer the rest. The AF on that one will hit next month and I'll call to cancel or downgrade it at that point.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
I have the $49 AF FlexPerks AMEX card. I got charged the $49 fee but then the fee got refunded the day after. I also have a Cash+ card, and a Gold Checking account, which has the monthly $10.95 fee waived (refunded) as a result of having any other US Bank account (including credit card). I wish I could get the AMEX changed to their Visa card so I could get the free Boingo.

My wife also has the $49 FP AMEX but hers is not on the free program. I actually paid the $49 last year because I had too many points on it to transfer to the free card. Then I made sure I used enough points last year so I could transfer the rest. The AF on that one will hit next month and I'll call to cancel or downgrade it at that point.
Boingo comes with the Gold FP Amex. The FP Visa Signature has instead traditionally come with 12 Gogo passes per year. However, I see that is no longer listed on the card info page. Not sure if that means existing users like me will no longer receive them after this year or if it's just been removed as a benefit for new applicants.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:35 pm

Not sure if this is already answered in this thread, I have 38,5xx FP points and annual fee is going to hit, is there any way to avoid annual fee by converting the card and use the points later when it reached to 40k to get better value? (of course this year before they reduce the value)
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:09 pm

Flexperks used to have a sign-on page where you could enter your Flexperks number and see what promotions you were registered for and what was available. I can't seem to locate that (Google searched). Does anyone know i that page still exists and the URL if it does? Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
....I used Flex Points to buy a one-day DL ticket departing in the evening of 6/29. On 6/29 earlier in the day, I bought a $50 gift card online at delta.com; this transaction posted to my account 7/3.
...................They put me on a 1-2 minute hold to research/consult and came back to say they submitted the request and it would be processed in 4-6 weeks.

However a $25 credit has posted to my account already with a transaction date of 7/6......
Does $25 reimbursement from giftcard work consistantly or is it YMMV?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by rc408
Flexperks used to have a sign-on page where you could enter your Flexperks number and see what promotions you were registered for and what was available. I can't seem to locate that (Google searched). Does anyone know i that page still exists and the URL if it does? Thanks!
https://flexperkspromos.usbank.com
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
https://flexperkspromos.usbank.com
Thank you. I saved it in my browser.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:53 pm

need 300 flexperks

I did some calculations wrong and am just under 300 shy of the needed flexperks level. Normally I would just spend my way up but points post on the 23/24 of the month and I need them ASAP.
Is there some kind soul out there who would be willing to transfer some to me? I need 256 points exactly and would be willing to spend that much and transfer them back to you when they post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.