Wiki Posts
Search

VISA Blackcard

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by actuarysoup
...haven't seen any discussion about that card in this forum.
See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...blackcard.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...isa-black.html

Originally Posted by jaguar
It's issued by Barclays to compete with the Amex Centurion Card.
This card is issued by Barclay's, but the benefits are designed and administered by the same company that owns buy.com (where it is heavily advertised). It priced to compete with American Express Platinum, but read the two previous threads.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:22 am

Is this card Now available in Canada?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:32 pm

Does any one person applied for this card? I would be surprised!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: SW A-List and HH Diamond
I'm looking at the Visa Black Card vs. Amex Plat Card based on airport lounges. I’ve read where Amex offers access to the Admirals Club, Delta Sky Club, and US Airways Club. However, I can’t find any similar information on the Black Card. I’ve read where the Black Card used to only offer two passes per year, but it seems that has since been changed.

Any feedback would greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cks30
I'm looking at the Visa Black Card vs. Amex Plat Card based on airport lounges. I’ve read where Amex offers access to the Admirals Club, Delta Sky Club, and US Airways Club. However, I can’t find any similar information on the Black Card. I’ve read where the Black Card used to only offer two passes per year, but it seems that has since been changed.

Any feedback would greatly appreciated. Thanks!
IMHO if lounge access is what you covet, the JP Morgan Chase Palladium card is the way to go, especially if you travel with other people. Palladium gives you unlimited Lounge Club access with free guests (up to the lounge guest limit which for some is as high as 6) and if you request it, Palladium will reimburse you for Delta Sky Club membership and some of us have gotten reimbursed for United Club too.

Amex Platinum is second choice for lounge access and certainly can be a good one for some people.

The Black Card has been named one of the worse cards of the year. You're better off just buying Priority Pass full membership if your main goal is lounge access.

You can also get Lounge Club membership for free when you spend 15k annually on the Penfed American Express card (no annual fee, no FETF and 5% back on airfare plus $200 sign up bonus; and access to American Express Travel Privileges for hotel perks like late check out, food credits etc).
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:53 pm

Visa Black Card

Unfortunately, I don't have the $25M required to qualify for the JP Morgan card. That leaves me between the Amex Plat and Visa Black Card. I can't really tell a difference though. Maybe it's just me?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:44 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have the $25M required to qualify for the JP Morgan card. That leaves me between the Amex Plat and Visa Black Card. I can't really tell a difference though. Maybe it's just me?
the palladium card is available for anyone who banks with Chase Private Client which does not require a lot to get in with; I certainly don't have 25 million with CPC.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
The AMEX offers free access, with guests, to AA, DL, and US lounges. It also offers free Global Entry and a $200 airline fee credit. The VISA offers none of those benefits.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA, CI, NH, JL, BA, SPG, Ritz, Amex Plat
how much do you need to invest with CPC?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by projecteva
how much do you need to invest with CPC?

Requires $500,000 in investable assets, but they have been known to take "promising" clients with less
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674
The AMEX offers free access, with guests, to AA, DL, and US lounges..
What lounge access do you get with the Visa Black Card?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
What lounge access do you get with the Visa Black Card?
It provides a Priority Pass membership.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
the palladium card is available for anyone who banks with Chase Private Client which does not require a lot to get in with; I certainly don't have 25 million with CPC.
Still, moving around a few hundred thousand dollars for the right to pay $595 for lounge club and united club access doesn't make much sense. Unless maybe you have $25M and are bored.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...I’ve read where Amex offers access to the Admirals Club, Delta Sky Club, and US Airways Club. ...
Correct, but American Express Platinum also provides a Priority Pass Select membership. The only serious hole in the American Express lounge package is no access to UA lounges, but they do provide a $200 credit which can be used to partially offset the cost of a United Club membership.

Also, it appears that VISA Black no longer offers Priority Pass, but rather uses Lounge Club which is a subset of the Priority Pass network.

Black Card members receive complimentary membership in our VIP airport lounge program with unlimited visits to over 350 lounges in 200 cities worldwide.

Last edited by mia; Dec 11, 2012 at 7:38 am
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by apk123
Still, moving around a few hundred thousand dollars for the right to pay $595 for lounge club and united club access doesn't make much sense. Unless maybe you have $25M and are bored.
CPC entry does not require even a few hundred thousand. Until a few weeks ago, I had less the $1,000 with CPC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.