FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo By Invitation Visa Signature Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/892106-wells-fargo-invitation-visa-signature-card.html)

Pizzaman Nov 24, 2008 10:36 am

Wells Fargo By Invitation Visa Signature Card

Not much revealed using search about this card. Does anyone have experience with this product? This is a card issued by the WF private bank that earns 2 points for each dollar spent on travel items and comes with a concierge service.

The redemptions look pretty straight forward. Curious if anyone has experience with the concierge service or redemptions.

alemdohorizonte Nov 25, 2008 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Pizzaman (Post 10804876)
Not much revealed using search about this card. Does anyone have experience with this product? This is a card issued by the WF private bank that earns 2 points for each dollar spent on travel items and comes with a concierge service.

The redemptions look pretty straight forward. Curious if anyone has experience with the concierge service or redemptions.

i have this card. eventhough my double points for t&e expenses expired after 1 year and now i'm back to the regular 1:1 level, i find the card truly exceptional when compared with all of my other premium cards. if you travel internationally, i cannot recommend this card highly enough. 0% forex and the rate they use when calculating exchanges seems always to be better than oanda's interbank rate (i also have the citi chairman amex and eventhough it's 0% forex, citi seems to always use a less favorable exchange rate than wf). also, wells fargo have never blocked my card when travelling, even when i go through multiple countries in africa and asia in rapid succession.

i have never used the concierge and have only redeemed my points for cash which was simple and easy. the service level of their call center is peerless.

while it does have a fee (they can waive it), and it does not come with lounge access or ff/hotel status that centurion comes with, the bottom line is that it is my fav credit card. it saves me considerable money on forex, has a decent rewards program, has exceptional service and is the most reliable card in my wallet.

if your branch mgr can get you one, my advice is to grab it.

pm me if you would like any other specifics.

oh, one other thing. they have weird promotions they can add to your account. when i called last month the rep told me he could put a promotion on my account of 0% interest for 12 month for all airline tickets i purchased. as i pif each month, this wasn't of interest to me but it's obvious how you could leverage this to your advantage if you travel frequently and are reimbursed by your business for the airline tickets you purchase.

trojanman Nov 25, 2008 10:02 am

Does the rewards program offer true airline miles or just points to cash value?

alemdohorizonte Nov 26, 2008 2:52 am

Originally Posted by trojanman (Post 10810977)
Does the rewards program offer true airline miles or just points to cash value?

it does not have true airline miles, only "miles" that can be used for an airline ticket up to a certain dollar value.

here is a link to an overview of the rewards program:
https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/cred...signature_card

thinkdifferent25 Feb 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Not a great premium card

This card seems great but really falls short in a lot of ways.

The main gripe I have about this card is the purchase protection. On my AMEX platinum card, the purchase protection covers any item I buy on the card, that is broken or stolen, for up to 90 days. I've used this benefit many times and it is great. WF's coverage covers very specific items: . These exclusions make it useless.

Another gripe I have is the customer service is not super great. The AMEX reps are very knowledgeable about their products. The WF reps don't know much about the product at all.

They also deleted the priority pass benefit in 2011.

Lastly, the concierge service is poor.

If you're looking for a card with premium benefits, you may want to look at the Continental One Pass Plus card (Mastercard). It offers all the same benefits plus free passes to the lounge, one free checked bag and priority boarding. I checked about their purchase protection, return protection and extended warranty benefit. Basically the same as AMEX. Excellent.