Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Elite Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:36 am

Anyone know if the Citi PremierPass Card — Smith Barney Elite Level has been upgraded to world elite m/c?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta: PM; Hilton: Diamond; Starwood: Gold; Mariott: Silver
Citi premier pass MC (non-elite level)..is also WE mastercard for me. They recently sent me the new card. The Priority pass membership is the standard one...you pay per visit!
Old Nov 13, 2008, 9:51 am

Anyone know if WE MCs are being issued for new, not renewal, Citi PPE cards?
Old Nov 13, 2008, 10:59 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by JRock80
Do you have to be a member of some sort to use Virtuoso? I thought you could call them up direct and use the service. Please advise.
The regular Virtuoso rates and programs are open to all. There are specific promotions / perks for people with the Mastercard.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 8:43 pm

Citi just told me they're sending a new card because they upgraded my AAdvantage World Mastercard to AAdvantage World Elite. I didn't know this existed.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 12:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Same here. Just received in the mail of a Citibank AA World Elite Mastercard...for my authorized user but not for mine

Frankly, I don't see any difference. I would've been much happier if they would've embedded a PayPass chip into the card. Mag stripes are sooo 20th century
Old Nov 26, 2008, 12:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Citibank re-issuing AA MCs to World Elite cards?

Just got in the mail today: a replacement AA Citibank Mastercard (which I did not request), with the exact same account number, but with a different expiration date and CCV code, and written in the middle as "WORLD ELITE"

Huh? I thought Saks 5th Ave was the only card that issued the WORLD ELITE card?? Did Citibank just spent some of our taxpayer money to issue us a higher level credit card?

But the story get's even more weirder; they only sent one card...and the card was for my authorized user but not me! So what am I supposed to do with this card? I can activate it for my authorized user but if I do so, I won't be able to use my current card because of the different CCV and expiry date?? Called the Citibank CSR and they had no clue what was going on. Figures

Frankly I could careless if it's WORLD or WORLD ELITE; doesn't make much of difference to me. I would've been much happier if they would've incorporated a PayPass chip into the card. Mag-stripes are soooo 20th century.

Last edited by kebosabi; Nov 26, 2008 at 12:45 am
Old Nov 26, 2008, 12:39 am
In memoriam

I will not accept this card unless mine is called Master of the Universe (Extra Elite).
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:02 am

Programs: AA 1MM
Here's the Catch

Activating this card adds the ability to make ATM withdrawals, a "benefit" that was not noted in any of the materials that I received. I found out about it during the activating phone call, too late to change my mind. (You probably know that consumers have only a $50 personal liability if a credit card is stolen or misused but it's unlimited if it's an ATM withdrawal.) I called the 800 number. The customer service rep said he couldn't remove the ATM ability but he was able to change the amount available for ATM withdrawal to zero. Come to think of it, I should probably call back & check if my card liability is still $50 in case there's some loophole I don't know about! Ellieb11
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:12 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 2.6MM, B6 Mosaic
I received the new card as well but, during the activation process, the automated attendant offered the option to not create a passcode for ATM withdrawals, rendering that "benefit" useless if someone were to try to use my card... I hope.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:21 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Ooohh...so THAT'S why I got the new card in the mail a few weeks ago. Just looked on the card and noticed the "World Elite" right in the middle. Shows you how observant I am...

I activated online and don't remember having an option to not set-up a ATM password...maybe I should give customer service a call then.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:29 am

Programs: AA 1MM
BOSnomad has it right. I had that option on the phone too and accepted it...until Mr. Ellieb11 pointed out the downside.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:53 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Frankly I could careless if it's WORLD or WORLD ELITE; doesn't make much of difference to me.
What? A Flyertalker who is not obsessed with having Elite status??
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
I got the card a couple of days ago and stuck it on the shelf while I worked out where the scam was - it was clear it was to Citibanks AAdvantage rather than mine to go to the expense of issuing these new cards! Anyone know what happens if you simply fail to activate it? Can you stick with the original conditions indefinitely?
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bernardd
I got the card a couple of days ago and stuck it on the shelf while I worked out where the scam was - it was clear it was to Citibanks AAdvantage rather than mine to go to the expense of issuing these new cards! Anyone know what happens if you simply fail to activate it? Can you stick with the original conditions indefinitely?
The original card is still being accepted. Presumably, if you do not activate the new card with the same number, the old card (and terms) would remain active until its expiration date. At that point, Citi would not send out a new card, their point being that they already sent one out, so you could do without or ask for another new card (with the new terms) or possibly activate the World Elite card you just received.

Since the ATM feature seems easy to turn off, it doesn't seem like a dealbreaker to me. Does anyone know of any other differences between the old card and the new card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.