Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Which Card Issuers Pull From Which Credit Bureaus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club

Eg Chase pulls Equifax.

Citibank?
Bank of America?

Important info in deciding which cards to churn, when.

Ta,
Gary
Old Jul 25, 2008, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Depends on where you live (and even then is non-deterministic). Creditboards has a thing where you can search by issuer and state and see what people report having them pull.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
acf573 is right, It varies by lender and by state. Sometimes it varies by state within lender! For instance Citi will pull Equifax for part of the country and Experian for other parts. Very little rhyme or reason, IMHO.

Creditboards has a database to track it.

Click the "Credit Pulls" link (menu bar in the center top, you need to be a registered user.)

Enter the lender and you'll see the different pulls by state. You can also enter the CRA and/or state get a good idea of who pulls what.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skofarrell
acf573For instance Citi will pull Equifax for part of the country and Experian for other parts. Very little rhyme or reason, IMHO.
Per other threads (Citi 60-day and/or credit card churn) in this forum, Citi has recently shifted to TransUnion. (Dunno, of course, if that's everywhere, or just where the people who reported it are.)
Old Jul 29, 2008, 2:22 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
My experience (in New York state) was that up until June, CITI was pulling TransUnion - which was great as they were the only inquiries I would have on TU.

But I was denied for the first time on my last application in June for too many inquires - reason was that CITI has CHANGED from using TU to Experian - which for me, is the same credit agency used by Chase, Amex and BofA.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gleff
Eg Chase pulls Equifax.

Citibank?
Bank of America?

Important info in deciding which cards to churn, when.
It varies so much only you can answer it yourself, unfortunately.

What someone else sees is not what you'll see.

Some peole are seeing Citi from Equifax before and TransUnion now.

Other people are seeing Citi from Transunion before and Equifax now.

For whatever reason (be it what state you're in, what locality your'e in, your SSN divided by 3, or the phase of the moon) the results vary from individual to individual, and even for a given individual from one card to another!

By "answer yourself", I mean get your credit reports. If you've not done so before, you can get one of each (of the three) free at www.annualcreditreport.com. (If you get all three at once, though, you'll have to wait a whole year before you can get another of any of them. If you don't need all three at once, you can stagger them, as long as each one of the three is only once a year.)

If you're concerned about this on an ongoing basis, you may unfortunately need to pay to get credit reports more frequently than once a year per service.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I used to work for a couple of different issuers. For one, we pulled according to geography, in a single acquisitions campaign we would have customers with records from each of the 3 bureaus. For the other issuer, we were much smaller and only used TransUnion but then switched to Equifax when we had an issue. When I left, we were negotiating with each of the 3 to see who would give us the best price if we gave them all our business.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 3:50 pm

I applied for a Chase business card and they pulled my personal credit from Experian. I was declined due to "too many recent requests for credit". I guess I finally over did it! I pulled my report for free and counted 12 inquires in 2008. I already have 5 Chase cards along with checking, savings and a home equity line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.