Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America "WorldPoints"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:23 am

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
The Fidelity FIA (BofA) Amex or Visa cards get you worldpoints. Officially they're cashback cards. In reality, you get worldpoints which you can convert to cash.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:18 am

Bank of America® World MasterCard® Credit Card with WorldPoints® Rewards

I recently got an offer to upgrade my bank of america platinum plus card to Bank of America® World MasterCard® Credit Card with WorldPoints® Rewards and they boast of so many benefits like
Earn 1 point per $1 on net retail purchases§
No annual fee†

Zero Liability - absolute fraud protection against unauthorized use, online and offline§§
Access to the MyConciergeSM service, a unique personal assistance service**
24-hour Customer Service, Secure Online Account Access and electronic bill payment service
Purchase Guard will double the manufacturer's original United States (U.S.) warranty period for Covered Purchases with a warranty duration of 1 year or less.
Price Protection offers the lowest price on eligible purchases when purchased with an eligible card. If an identical item is found at a lower price within 60 days of purchase, you are reimbursed the difference.
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance**
Automatic auto rental insurance*

and the one that caught my eye is you can redeem airline points for just 15000 points? Does anyone has this card and what is you experience with teh travel rewards? how easy is it to redeem awards?

I currently have flexperks visa signature ($49 fee) and 20000 points for air travel, get double points on cell phone bills, air travel purchases, and grocery purchases.

I was wondering which one would be better based on your personal experiences?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:59 am
In memoriam

Neither.

Both of these cards, as far as I know, offer "fake" miles which are issued by the bank, not an airline, and which are, for a variety of reasons, not worth the same as real airline miles.

IMHO, you would be much better off with another, non-BoA, card. For example, the Chase Preffered Sapphire which offers a 50K bonus easily convertible to Continental miles. Or the Chase Continental card itself which offers a 30K bonus (good because the Conti card is likely to disapper soon due to merger with UAL and so it is now or never). Conti miles convert to UAL miles and vice versa. Or, get a couple of AA cards from Citi.

BoA is best avoided due to general bad attitute towards retail customers and bad card customer service; not to mention not so great bonus programs.

PS All of the cards I suggest offer pretty much all the bennys that the BoA is advertising on the cards you mention.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by logiclife
... redeem airline points for just 15000 points? ...
I believe they mean that you can redeem points to purchase an airline ticket. For example, 15,000 points might be worth $150 toward airfare.

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
...offer "fake" miles which are issued by the bank,
The WorldPoints redemption catalog depends on the specific credit card. Some WorldPoints programs permit redemption for Aeroplan miles, but I do not know if this specific card does. However, it doesn't really matter because the Fidelity American Express card (also issued by Bank of America) earns two WorldPoints per dollar which can be redeemed for cash or for airline miles.

Read this short thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-aeroplan.html

...and follow the link to another thread with a full discussion of the Fidelity to Aeroplan option.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:19 am

to be fair, the flexperks I have is good. I already have traveled 2 times booking 5 tickets 3 in one and 2 in an other trip very easily with no issues. they use travelocity for redeeming points for airline miles. I honestly hand no problems. The only reason I was thinking about mastercard is due to the lack of annual fee.

But I am reading nothing but bad review for BOA card. so I think I will decline the offer to upgrade the card and stick with flexperks visa signature.

THank you guys for taking time to respond.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:15 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by logiclife
to be fair, the flexperks I have is good. I already have traveled 2 times booking 5 tickets 3 in one and 2 in an other trip very easily with no issues.
I don't think the point being made was that using the points is "difficult"...

It's that you could be leaving a lot of value on the table.

For example, $20k in spending earns you 20k flexpoints. You could theoretically use that for up to $400 in ticket value. Let's say you get close to that - $350.

Your earning rate is 1.75% back.

That's good. But you could just as easily get a 2% cashback card and spend the cash on plane tickets. Or take the Virgin America card and earn 2.15%.

You could also look at high value redemptions. Let's say you're looking at a business class round trip to Europe for $3000. You could redeem 100k UA miles for it.

If you earned those miles from the UA card, that's 3% back.

If you're happy with FlexPerks, that's fine, but it's not a slamdunk compared to other options.

(And by the way, the other benefits your posted offer boasts sound pretty standard for rewards credit cards.)
Old Jul 9, 2011, 2:24 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
The best use of Worldpoints IMO is to transfer them Air Canada Aeroplan. That is the only FF program I know they transfer to and ratio is 1:1.
How is this done? I don't see the option anywhere online.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Fiumicino
How is this done? I don't see the option anywhere online.
I found Aeorplan as the only mileage option for my account, try this link (you might need to be logged into your account to be able to view it): https://www.managerewardsonline.bank...k?eid=6B4AA281
Old Jul 11, 2011, 4:00 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by yanxfann
I found Aeorplan as the only mileage option for my account, try this link (you might need to be logged into your account to be able to view it): https://www.managerewardsonline.bank...k?eid=6B4AA281
Thanks, the link worked. It may not be available with all cards, but going through this link did work. I checked everywhere and the option was not otherwise available on BOFA's website.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:36 pm

I have 900 worldpoints
Do you think a call to FIA card services asking for some sort of bonus offer could provide any points? I have no reason to use the card, although I have a balance with it due to a cash advance that I'm quickly paying off
Old Dec 31, 2011, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by yanxfann
I have 36k WorldPoints, it was my first CC. I would like to get most bang for my buck, which is apparently capped at 1 cent per mile / 1% cash back equivalent.

Until I saw the Aeroplan transfer option. This is not advertised anywhere and I would never have seen it. I know if I plan my redemption just right it will easily be worth more than 1 cpm.

Thanks for the link! You definitely helped me increase the value of these WorldPoints. +1.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
5% Bonus Offer

Watch your mail, I just got a targeted flyer with 5% back (or in their words 5 points per dollar spent) on every charge up to 2500 points. They have targeted referral codes.

Becareful I almost threw mine away but this comes pefect timing for Property Taxes.

I will clear the convenience fee and still make a bit on the charge.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Milesbuilder
Watch your mail, I just got a targeted flyer with 5% back (or in their words 5 points per dollar spent) on every charge up to 2500 points. They have targeted referral codes.

Becareful I almost threw mine away but this comes pefect timing for Property Taxes.

I will clear the convenience fee and still make a bit on the charge.
I got a targeted flyer as well. But mine was for 20% off Virgin America.

There was a promo code you needed but I am not sure if it is linked to my WorldPoints Visa or just a one-off code usable with any WorldPoints card.

Anybody else get this?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 4:20 pm

I have a card which earns WorldPoints, which I then transfer to Aeroplan (given it's the only travel/mileage partner).

I recently read about Bank of America canceling their Aeroplan MasterCard starting in April and offering something else instead. Is it possible that Bank of America/MBNA hence WorldPoints will end their affiliation with Aeroplan entirely and stop offering that transfer option?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:28 am

transfer WorldPoints?

One of my friends owns a business credit card that he has amassed some Bank of America WorldPoints on. He wants to be able to transfer them to me so I can buy a flight from Spokane, WA to Nagoya, Japan. Is this kind of transfer possible, and, if not, what is the next best solution? Have him use the points to book an itinerary for me directly? Can Worldpoints be used for an international flight like that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.