Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by swdke
I made the mistake of applying for another Citi Visa too early. When I applied for the card, I thought it had been 60 days since my last application, but it was only 57 days, and as a result, I received a letter stating I can only apply once every 60 days. My question is, I just received the letter, and it is now more than 60 days since I last applied and received my card. However, it was just a few weeks ago when I applied and received the rejection letter. So, when am I eligible to reapply? Can I apply now? Or, do I have to wait 60 days from I applied a few weeks ago that resulted in a rejection letter? Thanks!

Oh, to add, and this might be the problem, I did apply for a Citi Visa Business card during or within the 60 day period from when I applied for and received my last Citi Visa personal card. However, I thought that the personal Visa and business visa were seperate. Perhaps I need to wait 60 days from when I applied for the Citi Business Visa? Any thoughts?

You now must wait 60 days from the date of rejection.
Old May 11, 2009, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by whynotgo
My recent experience

Personal cards - I have so many, I do not know how many (maybe 6-8). I apply every 60+ days. About 2 weeks ago, I applied and got another personal card. (after an initial denial for late citicard payments (this was not correct))

Business cards - As of 10 days ago, I had one. 10 days ago, I applied and was approved for a second business card.

In my experience, the dates between personal and business do not matter. Please apply and post your results. IF you are initially denied search my recent posts on denials for strategy and/or pm me.

Happy churning.
I just applied for an AA MC and was approved (not instantly) today. When you say you apply every 60+, do you apply one card every 60+ days or two cards? I'm thinking about applying for an AA Amex in the next few days.
Old May 11, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
I just applied for an AA MC and was approved (not instantly) today. When you say you apply every 60+, do you apply one card every 60+ days or two cards? I'm thinking about applying for an AA Amex in the next few days.
I believe most people are allowed 2 applications every 60 days. You can apply for two cards at once, or one card every 30 days. Same difference.
Old May 11, 2009, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by deant
I believe most people are allowed 2 applications every 60 days. You can apply for two cards at once, or one card every 30 days. Same difference.
Just wanted to clarify this a bit. As I didn't apply for the two cards at once, do you think it is still possible for me to apply for another one now, which has been already 3-4 days since my MC application? Or do I need to wait until 30 days have passed?
Old May 11, 2009, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
Just wanted to clarify this a bit. As I didn't apply for the two cards at once, do you think it is still possible for me to apply for another one now, which has been already 3-4 days since my MC application? Or do I need to wait until 30 days have passed?
Yes to first question and No to last question. You can apply for two cards anytime during a 60 day period.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Yes to first question and No to last question. You can apply for two cards anytime during a 60 day period.
Thanks for the clarification. I think I'm going to go ahead with the second application.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:42 pm

I have 3 citi personal cards (2 aa and 1 citi MC platinum). I am up for another round of aa card. I called to move credit line from 1 of the AA card to my MC platinum so that I can cancel that card and keep the CL. The answer was NO. The rep said I was not qualified. I was like ...? I have been bz so I havent called back yet. Is this a change in their policy?

I will need to cancel my AA business card to apply for a new one two. I am over the 60 days mark for the personal card and 90 days mark for the biz card.

Would it be safe if I apply for both at the same time right after 2 cards cancellation?

I have heard that some people are getting the 30k sign up bonus in the mail. It seems to be targeted but is there anyway I can get the same deal?

Thanks
Old May 12, 2009, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by deant
This is new to me. I thought I could apply 1 personal card every 60 days and 1 biz card every 90 days. Could someone confirm this please?
Old May 12, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by macboss
I have 3 citi personal cards (2 aa and 1 citi MC platinum). I am up for another round of aa card. I called to move credit line from 1 of the AA card to my MC platinum so that I can cancel that card and keep the CL. The answer was NO. The rep said I was not qualified. I was like ...? I have been bz so I havent called back yet. Is this a change in their policy?

Thanks
I just applied for two personal cards this am. Did not get instant approval. Called the approval phone line and was approved for 2K on each card and the rep told me that if that wasn't enough they could reallocate some from another card that has 15k. I thanked him but declined. So, no, as far as I can tell the policy did not change.
Old May 12, 2009, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by joediver
I just applied for two personal cards this am. Did not get instant approval. Called the approval phone line and was approved for 2K on each card and the rep told me that if that wasn't enough they could reallocate some from another card that has 15k. I thanked him but declined. So, no, as far as I can tell the policy did not change.
Thanks, thats what I thought. The rep I spoke with was full of s... She kept putting me on hold to ask someone else what to do. Oh well, I will try that again tonight.

Does it matter if I do this (1 phone call each time):

1) Move CL
2) Cancel Personal card
3) Cancel Biz card
4) Apply for 2 Personal cards
5) Apply for 1 biz card

in 1 day. Or should I time it better? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Old May 12, 2009, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelColey
Starwood fans (of which I am one) will say that there are even better uses for the Starpoints in the form of Cash & Points and Nights & Flights awards,
Care providing more info or a link? I am a SPG fan myself. It is my primary card
Old May 12, 2009, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by macboss
I don't think there has been a change. I did this just yesterday. Everything went through fine.
Old May 12, 2009, 3:10 pm

Hey, I'm just getting into this whole AA Citi credit card churning business and I had a quick question. My girlfriend and I plan on signing up for these cards and also completing a number of other promotional offers to get a boatload of AA points. Will it be ok for us to use one AA rewards account for all the various credit cards and promotions even though the name on the rewards account won't be the same as half of the credit cards and offers we are doing?

I know alot of people here have their wives doing this as well but they at least have the same last name. Obviously my name and my girlfriend's name are completely different. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to run into any problems down the line if we started doing these offers and using the same AA rewards account on all of them. If there is any possiblity that this will cause issue we'll definitely just use two accounts. Anyways, thanks for the help...this forum rocks!
Old May 12, 2009, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by highgear
Hey, I'm just getting into this whole AA Citi credit card churning business and I had a quick question. My girlfriend and I plan on signing up for these cards and also completing a number of other promotional offers to get a boatload of AA points. Will it be ok for us to use one AA rewards account for all the various credit cards and promotions even though the name on the rewards account won't be the same as half of the credit cards and offers we are doing?

I know alot of people here have their wives doing this as well but they at least have the same last name. Obviously my name and my girlfriend's name are completely different. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to run into any problems down the line if we started doing these offers and using the same AA rewards account on all of them. If there is any possiblity that this will cause issue we'll definitely just use two accounts. Anyways, thanks for the help...this forum rocks!
No. The name of the credit card holder (primary) must match the name on the AAdvantage account.
Old May 12, 2009, 3:50 pm

Oh ok, thanks. Really glad I asked first!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.