Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA $750 for Bonus Miles

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2008, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by hull22
i've already hit the $750 mark after my first week with the card, just waiting for the first statement. Any way to change it so the first billing cycle closes ASAP so I can get a statement and the miles? I need to make an award reservation ASAP.
my newest card is in a slower cycle, it seems.
not worried though, it will work out.

AND, if you need to make a res on AA, note that the beauty of AA is that they are the ONLY airline left who does this:

make the res... without having all your miles yet. They can often hold it up to 2 weeks out.

Hence the reason why AA miles are of a higher value to many in FT.

Then if THAT doesnt work and it's their product who is delaying your plight, they MAY be able to swing another 2 weeks. I have had success with this in many cases.

Good luck with timing!
Old May 3, 2008, 5:46 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by CandymanJim
Have you confirmed with AA you got 26,140 and not 1,140?

Jim

I am not sure if this has ever been an issue - or atleast with me. I have churned many Citi AA cards over the years and the spending charge and bonus points always post as advertised.
Old May 3, 2008, 9:16 am

HOw long for miles to post?

HOw long does it take for the 25,000 miles to post to AA account after you have spent $750?
Thanks.
D.
Old May 3, 2008, 9:54 am

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by discoboy
HOw long does it take for the 25,000 miles to post to AA account after you have spent $750?
Thanks.
D.
was wondering the same thing. Just got my statement finally, on citibank's end says XXXX miles posted. What's the soonest these will show up on AA's end, that is if it's not one of those that never get posted without prompting?
Old May 3, 2008, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
AND, if you need to make a res on AA, note that the beauty of AA is that they are the ONLY airline left who does this:

make the res... without having all your miles yet. They can often hold it up to 2 weeks out.
You can only hold it resv for 5 days now. I believed it changed last month.
Old May 11, 2008, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbc94523
You can only hold it resv for 5 days now. I believed it changed last month.
ahh well there's some new mileage devaluation right there! Never thought THAT feature would die but now AA is gonna be like the rest after all./

Shoulda known.

Anyway, I did get my new card's 25k plus purchases. I think the statement just cut like fri or sat so I could not see mile activity but when there were only a mere 11,000+ in my AA account (just redeemed a boatload for a trip) I now have 44,000+. I spent some on the card and this is also consistent with the bonus. I have also gotten both emailed and mailed ads about this same offer, meaning they are promoting the churn. That, plus the advent of the Thank You card new promos leads me to think only one thing:

Things will change. Do this all now. It is going to end.
Oh well. We carry on.
Old May 14, 2008, 12:16 am

What's the minimum time frame (if any) I need to keep my account open in order for my miles to remain valid?
The expiration date for the $750/25K miles/no annual fee is the end of May. Is this a limited time deal, to have this combination? Some other airlines always have a first year annual fee waive, does AA?
Old May 14, 2008, 12:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerX
What's the minimum time frame (if any) I need to keep my account open in order for my miles to remain valid?
The expiration date for the $750/25K miles/no annual fee is the end of May. Is this a limited time deal, to have this combination? Some other airlines always have a first year annual fee waive, does AA?
To be on the safe side, most people keep the account open for 6 months. That does not mean that you can not apply for a second set of cards within that time. If you look at the application, the first year fee is waived.

As for the expiration date, I just received the $750/25,000 offer in the mail and it is valid until the end of June.
Old May 14, 2008, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerX
Other threads (the "60 day" thread has much more information on details of working the Citi AA system) don't show any documented case of anyone having had miles revoked by AA (once those miles reached there) by a card cencelled, even one cancelled as soon as the bonus posted and the card was paid off completely.

Meanwhile, a link I found in recent print ads for AA credit cards shows an expiration of Aug 31 for the $750/4 months/first annual fee waived AA MC/Amex/BusMC offers.

So the only card that we don't yet know of a link for a later expiration than June is the AA Visa.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Other threads (the "60 day" thread has much more information on details of working the Citi AA system) don't show any documented case of anyone having had miles revoked by AA (once those miles reached there) by a card cencelled, even one cancelled as soon as the bonus posted and the card was paid off completely.

Meanwhile, a link I found in recent print ads for AA credit cards shows an expiration of Aug 31 for the $750/4 months/first annual fee waived AA MC/Amex/BusMC offers.

So the only card that we don't yet know of a link for a later expiration than June is the AA Visa.

maybe that print ad exp. date is there just to get people to do this now. In my company we recently put out a mailer promo that expires on aug 31 and we fully intend to do it again right away. maybe the way that particular ad is written will expire but they may still have these going afterward. We shall see.

Either way, I plan to leave my cards open a few months, get new ones and cancel the old ones too. heck, even if we were all on the hook for the $85, that's not bad for 25k!
Old May 15, 2008, 9:55 pm

I got 70,000 miles!

I go the citi AA mastercard and visa for 25,000 miles for $750 purchases.
I got the citi AA visa for 20,000 miles and $250 in purchases.
I received the miles already in my AA Account!!!
It was very fast!
KACHING KACHING!!!!

I also just applied for the Citi AA Amex Card for 25,000 miles for $750 in purchases.

Anyone done this?
Old May 16, 2008, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was very fast!
KACHING KACHING!!!!

I also just applied for the Citi AA Amex Card for 25,000 miles for $750 in purchases.

Anyone done this?
I thought it was "Cha-Ching!"

(PS I have only ever applied for the MC but will try their Visa soon)
Old May 16, 2008, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Additional info: The print ad with the new date (and the link that shows the new date online) was in the most obvious place: AmericanWay in-flight mag (the April 15 issue in my case, I didn't fly AA for a couple months before that so I dunno if that's the first issue with the Aug 31 date or not).
Old May 16, 2008, 10:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
It was very fast!
KACHING KACHING!!!!

Anyone done this?
Uh, yea, look around these threads there is significant discussions on this subject. I see you haven't been repremanded yet about your publically stating these facts as some will say you are killing the golden goose.

Jim
Old May 16, 2008, 11:47 am

A warning about churning fast:

In the past month or two, I've seen a number of people reporting that Citi closed ALL of their multiple credit card accounts. At first the reason seemed to be people had done large balance transfers many times. Later, in other cases there were no balance transfers at all, just churning. At least one person said he only had AA cards.

Citi told one person the reason was too many credit inquiries on his report. They said they expected to see 5 per year, and he had 13.

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but Citi has also been restructuring their management lately.

Last edited by rrgg; May 16, 2008 at 11:54 am Reason: Deleted link to another forum - not sure of the rules on this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.