Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MasterCard World Elite - Ameriprise

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
There is extensive overlap, but the networks are not identical.

Priority Pass Select has lounges at 18 domestic airports: Anchorage, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, New York (JFK), New York (LGA), Orlando (SFB), Phoenix, San Jose, Seattle, Washington (IAD)..

Diners has lounges at 15 domestic airports: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, New York (JFK), Orlando, Phoenix, San Jose, Washington (IAD).
In Chicago, the Air France VIP Lounge requires you to depart from terminal 5 and the Swissport Lounge is for international flights only in terminal 5. Does anyone have other information?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by ceieoc
In Chicago, the Air France VIP Lounge requires you to depart from terminal 5 and the Swissport Lounge is for international flights only in terminal 5. Does anyone have other information?
You won't be allowed past security unless your flight departs from T5. There are no Diners or PP Select lounges in ORD domestic terminals. United Club in T1 C concourse is a Priority Pass lounge, but Select members are not allowed.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: many
I completed the survey as well. And 3days ago the new Ameriprise card options have been announced. PriorityPass isn't coming back. The $200 airline benefit may be better than their tiered current airline benefit?

"Hi pcharles,
Ameriprise Rewards is a unique program that rewards your entire relationship with us. Not only do you earn points for your everyday purchases with an Ameriprise Financial MasterCard® credit card – you also earn points for saving, investing and more.
Earn 1.50% cash back in a qualifying account or toward Ameriprise® Financial Planning Certificates and more.
Earn 25,000 Ameriprise Rewards points when you deposit $50,000 dollars into a qualifying account.
Receive up to $200 statement credit toward airline travel purchased each year with qualifying transactions.
You've already enrolled!"
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Weak..

Originally Posted by pcharles
I completed the survey as well. And 3days ago the new Ameriprise card options have been announced. PriorityPass isn't coming back. The $200 airline benefit may be better than their tiered current airline benefit?

"Hi pcharles,
Ameriprise Rewards is a unique program that rewards your entire relationship with us. Not only do you earn points for your everyday purchases with an Ameriprise Financial MasterCard® credit card – you also earn points for saving, investing and more.
Earn 1.50% cash back in a qualifying account or toward Ameriprise® Financial Planning Certificates and more.
Earn 25,000 Ameriprise Rewards points when you deposit $50,000 dollars into a qualifying account.
Receive up to $200 statement credit toward airline travel purchased each year with qualifying transactions.
You've already enrolled!"
This is a very WEAK offering and there are dime a dozen cards like these.
I will cancel the card after 2015 when the PP benefits end !

F.A.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by wcj1
As Ameriprise comes to an end, we are looking at the US consumer Diners Club that was just relaunched. (We actually used to have Diners Club, but then dropped it to switch to Ameriprise.)

https://www.dinersclubus.com/home/consumer-cards

I am still wondering if I am reading it correctly, but from what I see:
* The basic Premier card has access to Diners Club lounges
* The lounges listed look to be exactly the same as Priority Pass Select (back when we had Diners Club previously, it seemed like they had a much shorter list)
* Annual fee is $95 and $35 for an additional card
* The card has Chip & PIN and Paypass

Is anyone else considering this as a replacement?
With the looming end of the Ameriprise PP, I'm looking for alternatives too, and Diners Club may suit my needs. I'm covered mostly with United lounges with my CO Presidential Plus MC, and I'm usually *G every year. But when I travel to Mexico, Brazil, and sometimes through China, Canada and Singapore, HK, when I'm not flying Star Alliance. Most of the same PP lounges are DC.

So far it looks to me like a worthwhile replacement for the Ameriprise PP, for my international travel.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:43 am

We are trying out Citi Prestige as a replacement. Coincidentally, we both have the Chase Presidential Plus credit cards, as we are both leisure travelers/lowly Silvers and the PDQ waiver saves us from losing status.

Since I now travel for my work and that is AA, we just got Citi Prestige since it gets me AA lounges as the primary and Priority Pass Select for both of us. $450 + $50, which is a lot (especially on top of the PP cards), but there is a $250 annual airline credit, which effectively makes it $250 total for the two of us. That $120 differential over DC seemed worth it to add the AA lounge access since I will be a lowly Gold on them as well.

We will try this for a year and see how it works out. We would have stuck with the DC plan for later this Spring, but the revised Prestige airline credit benefit seemed to make more sense, especially as we are hoping to double dip on the airline credit in our first year.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
Thank you wcj1. This is a nice alternative. I might only use the AA lounges 1-2x a year. So I might still stick with Diners. But thank you for sharing your solution, it offers alot of lounge coverage.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:22 am

should i cancel my Amex platinum and go for the Diner's club premium instead?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Yeshu JP
should i cancel my Amex platinum and go for the Diner's club premium instead?
Not yet. Harris Bank stopped accepting Diners Club applications in mid-November due to technical problems with their system software. I would keep your current card until Diners comes back, and see if they tweak the card rewards or benefits.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
What has people's experience been with the $50 annual airline credit (which Ameriprise states is for "airline tickets, baggage fees, upgrades, in-flight purchases or lounge access")?
Have you been able to purchase a $50 gift card from the airline (say, DL) and get it reimbursed?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by bostonbali
What has people's experience been with the $50 annual airline credit (which Ameriprise states is for "airline tickets, baggage fees, upgrades, in-flight purchases or lounge access")?
Have you been able to purchase a $50 gift card from the airline (say, DL) and get it reimbursed?
I haven't had any problem getting it even for non-USD overseas airline purchases. I think what would mater is that the charge was from the airline itself and not from some entity other than the airline selling the gift cards.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:07 am

I bought a gift card from American on 1/26 and the airline travel credit posted 2 days later.

(This was not my original intention, but I forget to register first for the airline travel credit when I bought a plane ticket at the start of last month and I want to close my account this month.)
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA~AA~HH~Hyatt~WN
We bought a Southwest gift card a few weeks ago and got reimbursed.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:20 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Back again to see if any new news has surfaced to make this card a keeper. Unfortunately not - I had the Citi Prestige already prior to their introduction of Priority Pass, so that will be my replacement.

So long, Ameriprise.

PS...for those considering cancelling, don't forget to check your rewards points balance and cash it out...
Old May 11, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Heard rumors this card will no longer offer Priority Pass in the future - any truth to that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.