Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citibank® / AAdvantage® Debit Card $25\year for 10,000 miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum

Can you provide an opinion as to this offer? I want to pull the trigger on the $25 per year offer. I do not spend much money on credit cards and I rather spend the cc purchases on new card minimum spend requirements.

I am interested in gaining AAdvantage miles and I am currently maxed out on my ability to submit new Citibank® / AAdvantage® Card Card applications. I realize that the Citibank AAdvantage credit cards come with 15-20k per card and have no first year fee.

https://web.da-us.citibank.com/cgi-b...seBVCookie=yes

Citibank® / AAdvantage® Debit Card
Earn AAdvantage® bonus miles whenever you use your debit card to make purchases. Here's how it works:

• Get 10,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles for enrolling.1
• Get American Airlines AAdvantage® miles for signature-based debit card purchases.2
• Choose either the Basic ($25/year) or Premium ($65/year) Plan.
• Basic offers 1 mile for every $2 spent; Premium offers 1 mile for every $1 spent.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
I loathe debit cards but i signed up for this

fwiw, i bank at Citi so i decided to just pay the $25 to get a *relatively* easy 10,000 miles.

i just recently canceled my AA credit card and figured this will fill in the time between now and when i apply for the next one.

My plan is to keep the card in a drawer until the miles post.

Thing is there have been several threads (here or in AA forum or maybe MilesBuzz ?) about what a PITA getting those miles posted can be.

still i decided to go for it.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 1:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat., WorldPerks, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bk3day
fwiw, i bank at Citi so i decided to just pay the $25 to get a *relatively* easy 10,000 miles.

i just recently canceled my AA credit card and figured this will fill in the time between now and when i apply for the next one.

My plan is to keep the card in a drawer until the miles post.

Thing is there have been several threads (here or in AA forum or maybe MilesBuzz ?) about what a PITA getting those miles posted can be.

still i decided to go for it.
There is a huge discussion on Fatwallet about how citi never credits these points without extensive followup.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 6:22 am

This was already posted a few weeks ago:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714915

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.