Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by blaz
I have received the BA bonus transfer offer, but not the $50 for $1500 spend offer.

Oh well, I transferred all my HSBC points to BA about two months ago because I want to close my checking and credit accounts. This has turned out to be a challenge, both accounts are still open after two requests and more than two weeks of waiting. Searching through internet forums, this seems to be a common problem when trying to close HSBC accounts.
I had this issue as well I thought my account was closed until I got a statement with a negative balance from a service fee...
Cheers
Howie
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
I had this issue as well I thought my account was closed until I got a statement with a negative balance from a service fee...
Cheers
Howie
That's why I specifically requested that they send me written confirmation that my account was closed. I was told they will send me a closing statement.

After two weeks of back and forth, the checking account finally disappeared from my online account page, which is a good sign. I will wait for the closing statement though.

They let me keep the credit card, without having the corresponding checking account - which seems strange, considering that all their product literature insists that the HSBC Premier credit card is only available together with the Premier checking account. I asked the rep multiple times if this is really true and if there would be any charges to keep the Premier card, and he said no.

Considering how bad HSBCs customer service is, I don't believe a word of what they say, so I am looking forward to some nasty surprises in the future....
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG, etc., NEXUS, GOES
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Does the US Premier MC support Chip+PIN?
Now it does. I just got a replacement Premier MC card, and the new card is chip+pin.

Here's a copy of the flyer they sent me with it:

http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/PA_1_083Q9F...l_Brochure.pdf
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mia
I have received two email offers for my USA-issued Premier MasterCard:

1. $50 for spending $1,500 in the period July 1 - September 30, 2014.

2. 20% bonus on transfers to BAEC in the period July 1 - August 31, 2014.
Now I have received a corrected version of the first offer. The new offer is double points, capped at $2,000, in addition to the $50 statement credit for spending at least $1,500. Interested to know if anyone else received this offer with a higher cap.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:30 am
mia

Originally Posted by mia
2. 20% bonus on transfers to BAEC in the period July 1 - August 31, 2014.
Transfer requested (online) to BA on 7.27.2014. Points posted with bonus on 7.30.2014.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mia
Transfer requested (online) to BA on 7.27.2014. Points posted with bonus on 7.30.2014.
HSBC is so bad - they never know what they're doing.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:28 am
mia

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
HSBC is so bad - they never know what they're doing.
The promotion was applied exactly as advertised. What is confusing?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mia
The promotion was applied exactly as advertised. What is confusing?
I'm so bad, I can't even read correctly!!!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
I called HSBC today after discovering on the weekend they are now issuing EMV / PayPass cards to see if I could have mine reissued.

I was told by the agent they are starting a forced reissue for Premier cards (for 190K active accounts interestingly) between August 4 and mid-November. The agent was not able to tell me when my card would be replaced; except that it would be done in batches.

The only way to speed it up was to report the card 'lost', with would mean a 4-5 day replacement window.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by ajnz
I called HSBC today after discovering on the weekend they are now issuing EMV / PayPass cards to see if I could have mine reissued.

I was told by the agent they are starting a forced reissue for Premier cards (for 190K active accounts interestingly) between August 4 and mid-November. The agent was not able to tell me when my card would be replaced; except that it would be done in batches.

The only way to speed it up was to report the card 'lost', with would mean a 4-5 day replacement window.
It is actually very easy to request a new card online. Go to the card web site, then click on Services -> Replace Card. The card will arrive in a couple of days with the same account number, expiration date and CVV.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:21 am

It is actually very easy to request a new card online. Go to the card web site, then click on Services -> Replace Card. The card will arrive in a couple of days with the same account number, expiration date and CVV.
Yes, but this won't result in getting the new chip card. I called and asked about this too. If you want the new card sooner than the batch process they are completing you have to report it 'lost' or cancel your card and get a new one. In both cases the card will then come with a new #. I want the same number (for auto-billing purposes) so I'm waiting.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Accor, SPGCorp, BA, Virgin
Yes, but this won't result in getting the new chip card. I called and asked about this too. If you want the new card sooner than the batch process they are completing you have to report it 'lost' or cancel your card and get a new one. In both cases the card will then come with a new #. I want the same number (for auto-billing purposes) so I'm waiting.
Wait but don't be surprised if the new cards come with a new number. The bank will want to distinguish between its chip and pin cards and it's mag stripe cards. As such, investigate up front how easy it will be to change your auto-billing arrangements - just in case.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:49 pm

I did exactly what I described and now have a shiny new EMV enabled card with the same account number, expiration date and CVV as before.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:53 pm

I did exactly what I described and now have a shiny new EMV enabled card with the same account number, expiration date and CVV as before.
That's very surprising. I called and asked them specifically about this - and they told me if I did it I wouldn't receive the chip & pin. Well it's actually not terribly surprising. It's not the first time HSBC CS has been poor.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
OK - I tried this. Will see what happens; and I am traveling next week so it will be amusing to see if my current card stays working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.