Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Accolades Amex Card [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Accolades Amex Card [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:30 pm

This is in addition to PP

Apparenty if you are part of Private Banking there is an extended feature list as I was told by the Customer Service agent. Either you have to spend $30,000 a year or be part of the PB division in order to get this benefit in addition to PP. The banker at the local branch asked my question is there a program that allows me in addition to PP to the AA and Delta Lounges etc? The customer service rep said to talk with your Private Banker to add this feature.

If other Amex cards are doing this I am assuming BOFA wants to keep up with the other programs. if this is true then by all means I will go for it as opposed to paying the membership fees for each lounge.

I might propose that BOFA reimburses me for the day pass fee if this does not work.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 2:53 pm

Your banker has no idea what he is talking about. Priorty Pass is is it.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 4:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There is another possibility...

Merrill+ VISA awards cardholders their choice of an AA Admirals Club or DL Skyclub annual membership after spending $50,000 in a calendar year. Now that Bank of America owns Merrill they would be able to add that feature to other cards, perhaps on an unpublished basis. It will be interesting to know if the spend requirement is the same and if they will waive the requirement for investmant accounts which meet certain criteria.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:03 am

You only get the Priority Pass with BofA if you spend $30k or are part of the Private Bank...the standard card does not come with a priority pass.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 2:07 am

Actually MIA may have a point. But right now BofA is so messed up they can not even keep track of all the own mortgages without including the The Country Wide excrement they bought! I know of a significant size mortgage BofA failed to show up for in court and lost after they were served notice. So MIA could be right and the high net worth people accounts could go through the Merrill side early. I have one of those accounts that was switched from Coumblia Cash reserves to a FDIC money market overnight when things were looking really nasty
Old Oct 27, 2009, 3:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
You also get that pass if you spend 30K or more a year on that card if you do not have the 200k balance
Old Oct 27, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
I have that card and have seen the customer service on it go way down (I think the 800number on the back is the same as any other number, I used to get a real person right away, but not any more). I got their yearly booklet last month, and have seen nothing new about the priority pass rule (200k balance or 30k spent on the card.)
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:51 am

I have a BofA accolades card and a Merrill plus card...can I transfer my world points from my Accolades card to my Merrill Card?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:04 am

Bank Of America Accolades Amex Credit Card

I was wondering if I can get any upgrades at hotels with the American Express Bank of America Accolades Credit Card? Can one apply for Gold status on airlines if yes which ones? Do any airlines offer complimentary upgrades to First Class using the card?

In addition to PriorityPass has Bank of America added additional airline lounge access with Delta etc?

Any new benefits since summer 08? What is your general view of the credit card? I have one and I want to hear how you used the benefits. Any hidden benefits that I should know about?

With the companion ticket how do I get one when traveling domestically and internationally? Do you have to buy a certain fare in Coach or can you use it with a discounted fare? How does it work? Can you get better deals in Business Class/First Class using the credit card to book it as opposed to buying it directly? Any discounts offered when doing this?

What participating hotels/travel partners can I use the credit card to get discounts at?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Since you already have the card, you might get faster (and more accurate) answers on all of your questions if you call the BofA customer service number on the back of your card.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:11 pm

Merrill Lynch Accolades AMEX Card vs BOFA

I got the new Meryill Lynch Accolades AMEX credit card in the mail and I read the benefits online and it says that I can get upgrades at hotels and on airlines. How do the upgrades work? Do I need a special ticket or does the credit card work like a Platinum Frequent Flier Card?

I also see it has Priority Pass Lounge access which is cool just like my old BOFA Accolades AMEX.

How do these cards compare they sound the same.

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:53 pm
mia

Did you apply for the Merrill Lynch card or did it arrive as a replacement for your existing Accolades card? I imagine the hotel program is the same one that American Express provides to other Amex-network card issuers. I will look for a previous discussion. Meanwhile here are previous threads about Accolades:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...amex-card.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ades-card.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ades-card.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...edit-card.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...periences.html

Last edited by philemer; Jun 15, 2010 at 7:15 pm Reason: removed link to this thread
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:55 pm

Card was replaced with Meryill Lynch Card

My card was replaced with the Meryill Lynch card as they are transferring us over to their Wealth Management as Bank of America closed their Private Banking Department. There was an issue last year renewing Priority Pass automatically but I got it straightened out by doing it manually and it worked.

Will have to see how this work in November.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:38 am
mia

Originally Posted by mia
...imagine the hotel program is the same one that American Express provides to other Amex-network card issuers. I will look for a previous discussion.
I suggest this post which contains links to hotel and other benefits of bank-issued Amex-network cards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13660401-post4.html
Old Jul 10, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: MP
I had BofA Accolades Amex card for couple of years now. I recently received Merrill Accolades card in the mail (without asking), but I have not activated it yet.

Is there a difference between old BofA Accolades Black card and new Merrill Card? In terms of benefits/perks? The old BofA program used to give BOGO airline tickets. Now Merrill Card says they give "discounted" tickets when buying 2 tickets. Is it essentially the same program as before, of does old BofA card provide more benefits? I guess what I am trying to say is should I keep my old BofA card while it is still active and postpone activation of the new Merrill Card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.