Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card Churning

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
This link has expired.

This link expired on 12/31/06. Please read the Terms and Conditions, Award Program Information, etc. before posting.

Earn American Airlines AAdvantageŽ bonus miles after first purchase
American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles will appear as a bonus in your American AAdvantageŽ account 8-10 weeks after purchases totaling $250 or more post to your account. This offer is only valid for new CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ accounts applied for by December 31, 2006 through this offer, and excludes any other CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ credit cards offer.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 7:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by Likemiles
CandymanJim, do you mean to say that those expired links still work? That is, $250 is all you need to charge to get the 20k miles to post? Thank you for any confirmation you can give us.

Incidentally, last week I was checking citicard.com and, although the MasterCard required $750 in charges, the American Express card required only $250. Two or three days later I checked again, but by then the American Express card had gone back up to $750. So far the $250 requirement has not come back to that card. Anyone else noticed that? Either there was a short-lived mistake (which I failed to immediately take advantage of) or I must have been seeing things.
Just got two more cards and my wife one more. Called and confirmed after I got the card that the bonus is only $250 even though I used expired offers. FWIW, I always use expired offers and have yet to have the offer changed or my application rejected.

Jim

Last edited by CandymanJim; Oct 4, 2007 at 8:25 pm
Old Oct 5, 2007, 3:15 pm

I used the same "expired offer"

I used the same one for Citi about two weeks ago. When I called to activate the card, I had them look at the terms for me and they confirmed the $250 spend requirement.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Please post here when the miles are posted to your AAdvantage Account

Glad to hear that the $250 link works, BUT, I would like to see your confirmation when the AA miles post.

Thanks

Last edited by whynotgo; Oct 5, 2007 at 5:41 pm
Old Oct 6, 2007, 12:08 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
In august, I used a link that had a spring 2007 expiration date on it. I received the card, made some charges of about $300 in early Sept and just received the bonus points this week.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA 2.5MM, UA Gold, KE MC, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
http://citi.bridgetrack.com/usc/06/m...7F6683EC72D9F8
Old Oct 10, 2007, 9:41 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by whynotgo
Glad to hear that the $250 link works, BUT, I would like to see your confirmation when the AA miles post.

Thanks
The miles post like clockwork with each new card, using links that expired a year ago.

Jim
Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CandymanJim
The miles post like clockwork with each new card, using links that expired a year ago.

Jim
Ditto, several times over. If it is out there, they honor it, as they should. Anyone can stubble upon these offers.....
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:15 am

Jim
So far so good. But do you realize that there is a certain risk of miles not being posted becuae they can always ask you to show the offer and there has to be a first time sooner or later. I would rather use the following visa link, although that also expires in 5 days.

Citi AA visa
Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by maulah
So far so good. But do you realize that there is a certain risk of miles not being posted becuae they can always ask you to show the offer and there has to be a first time sooner or later. I would rather use the following visa link, although that also expires in 5 days.

Citi AA visa
And this offer too, is added to my list of offers, expired and current. I won't go into details as to how many times I have used expired offers without fail, suffice to say that I have the utmost confidence in using an expired link.

Jim
Old Oct 15, 2007, 3:03 pm

Programs: AMEX, Hyatt, AA
And this offer too, is added to my list of offers, expired and current. I won't go into details as to how many times I have used expired offers without fail, suffice to say that I have the utmost confidence in using an expired link.

Jim
I tried it, entered in all of the information and received "an error occurred, please try again later". I wonder if my app was accepted?
Update: I did receive the card today. I guess error message was in error.

Last edited by catonis; Oct 26, 2007 at 5:34 pm Reason: update
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by whynotgo

Thanks
Latest 20k just posted from a card I just got last month from an offer that expired last year. I spent about $450 on the card.

Jim
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Any links for buisness (visa or mastercard) and AMEX?

The link on post #88 refers to a buisness visa and a personal AMEX that requires only $250 for the miles to post.

The link however, has expired and an error appears when you try to apply.

Anybody have a different link?

If you dont feel comfortable posting please PM

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2007, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by are8
The link on post #88 refers to a buisness visa and a personal AMEX that requires only $250 for the miles to post.

The link however, has expired and an error appears when you try to apply.

Anybody have a different link?

If you dont feel comfortable posting please PM

Thanks!
See post #99, just used it yesterday.

Jim
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
See post #99, just used it yesterday.

Jim
Thanks for your reply Jim, I have learned alot from your posts on this thread. The link you refer too does not include a link for AMEX or VISA buisness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.