Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chairman card does not automatically credit 2/1 first class mileage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2006, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion

Just found this out today. My wife and I took advantage of the 2 for 1 first class tickets that the Chairman card provides as one of the benefits. When looking at my ThankYou statement, I noticed we had never received mileage credit for the flight. I called Chairman to find out what was the deal, Lucille. Come to find out, unless you take the time and effort to send them a copy of your itinerary by fax, you will get no credit for the mileage. In other words, the company that handles the 2 for 1 first class tickets never informs Citibank that you flew and what the mileage is that should be credited.

Way to go, Citibank!
Old Jul 13, 2006, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by pterostyrax
Just found this out today. My wife and I took advantage of the 2 for 1 first class tickets that the Chairman card provides as one of the benefits. When looking at my ThankYou statement, I noticed we had never received mileage credit for the flight. I called Chairman to find out what was the deal, Lucille. Come to find out, unless you take the time and effort to send them a copy of your itinerary by fax, you will get no credit for the mileage. In other words, the company that handles the 2 for 1 first class tickets never informs Citibank that you flew and what the mileage is that should be credited.

Way to go, Citibank!
Yeah it's a hit or miss for Citibank's TY network. When i bought tkts for my wife's planned trip to Montreal was canceled due to family emergency, Citi's credited that flight none the less! However, my mom and brother's flights to PEK from DFW was never credited even though i used my card to buy the tickets..

Old Jul 13, 2006, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Worthless benefit

I called thew companion ticket office for an intl coah ticket from ELP - PVR in Sept...

best price they could do is $1533 on coach...I can buy a coach class ticket on AA for $538/pp....

For First tickets ... they had me with a layover of 7 hrs !!!

Great benefit...way to go Citi !!!

Other than that...I love the Chairman Card and use it as my only card....
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IC Amb, Citi Prestige
Not related to the above subject, does anyone know if the rules of the 2 for 1 perk on international flights require origination in the US?
Old Jul 13, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by irotem
Not related to the above subject, does anyone know if the rules of the 2 for 1 perk on international flights require origination in the US?

YES...good luck !!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.