If you are a Citigold member.

Old Sep 15, 2005, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by maulah
Do they require the same address for each person in order to qualify for one household account? What do you mean by relatives? Could that be Uncles and cousons?

Well I am householded with my grandparrents/parrents/uncle and my brother and we dont live in the same house. But we all live in Los Angeles and have the same Citigold advisor. My other brother used to be householded with us but he moved to Las Vegas and he can no longer be householded. We where told they could only household immediate family so not sure if cousins would count or not.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I don't have an e-savings account, and I don't do ongoing trades with my account. I have my retirement accout there and have bought things I leave alone. But I will check into what allows for $9.99 trading as my Dad is bundled with my account and he has an account that just sits at a brokerage account. Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by dgordon
I don't have an e-savings account, and I don't do ongoing trades with my account. I have my retirement accout there and have bought things I leave alone. But I will check into what allows for $9.99 trading as my Dad is bundled with my account and he has an account that just sits at a brokerage account. Thanks.

I would talk to your advisor at your local branch. The people on the 800 number more or less can only do what your account is setup for but can not change any pricing for you at all.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 1:49 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Are there any signup bonuses going on for a new Citigold acct?
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:20 pm

Not any more that I am aware of. Call directly and ask. Otherwise wait for a couple of months. They always come up with something every now and than.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 2:34 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kiam
...Emmigrant Direct gives you 3.5% (this is the highest so far) ..
Just to correct some info posted a while back. As of Sept 20, 2005, Emigrant Direct gives 4% gauranteed until end of year.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, JetBlue, Amex awards, Starwood, Hilton, CitiGold
Hi everyone, I just found this forum. Question about CitiGold. We had a regular Citibank account & upgraded. We opened our account in August & it has been a disaster. My debit card was denied while shopping despite high balances and checking plus availability. Sent us blue debit cards instead of the gold. None of our AA points have been posted - actually since before we upgraded- over 22,000. Checks are talking over a week to clear despite the fact that they should clear immediately due to our balances & checking plus. Our accounts are not linked properly despite numerous calls. An international check I deposited on 8/3/05 still hasn't cleared, even though family members had their checks cleared at the Bank of NY weeks ago. A letter is going in the mail tomorrow. We are going to ask for bonus AA points -- how many do you think we should request? Another question is when you opened your account did you receive some sort of "welcome package?" We've received nothing, and were never offered the AA credit cards that come with CitiGold. The only information I can gather is from their website. Any help!! Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, JetBlue, Amex awards, Starwood, Hilton, CitiGold
Another question, why does the CitiGold statements come with 3 holes punched in the top? Did Citibank provide a binder to store the statements?
Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by CaityRose
Another question, why does the CitiGold statements come with 3 holes punched in the top? Did Citibank provide a binder to store the statements?
Almost all brokerage statements come 3 hole punched.

Anyone know if I set up a billpay to myself from there web page for $5.00 a month will that count as i am using Citibank.com bill pay and get thoses Thank you points? I am using Quicken and not there web page for all my payments. I prefer Quicken because they dont debit the money from my account when checks are mailed. On merchants that dont take electronic payments and only accept checks they will mail a check drawn on my account money will not be debited till the checks clears vs I understand the bill pays from Citibank's own web page debits your account on the day check is mailed. I prefer to keep the float on my money and be able to see when the payee cashes the checks.

Trying to find a way to get the max 1200 points a month. Thank you
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Caity - binders can be purchased at any office supply store. I'm glad that they went to this as it makes it easier. I used to punch the holes myself.
I have sent my daughter a $5 check to make sure I have online banking on one of my accounts. That account has automatic withdrawals, but that doesn't can't. I don't see why checks to yourself wouldn't count. They do not look at the payee.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 12:42 am

Someone had asked a while back and cant find the post about if Citibank had any sign up bonus for Citigold. well i got an email today from Citibank so i guess you can sign up with this offer for 200 bucks and have your account switched over to Citigold once you get your bonus.

Citibank Promo Link
Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:24 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by dolmar
Someone had asked a while back and cant find the post about if Citibank had any sign up bonus for Citigold. well i got an email today from Citibank so i guess you can sign up with this offer for 200 bucks and have your account switched over to Citigold once you get your bonus.

Citibank Promo Link
I think that was me, though it doesn't help if you already have a Citi regular checking account, unfortunately. BTW, dolmar, YGPM
Old Oct 10, 2005, 2:35 am

Anyone ever requested the Complimentary membership in Women and Company from Citigold? I noticed today that one of the benfits is "Special rates on auto and home owners' insurance through Travelers" Wondering if the discount is worthwhile? I know I am California and my home owners policy has with State Farm over the last 3 years has increased from just over 500 to just under 1100. Last year I shoped my rate around and cheapest was AAA but still was just under 1K so I just stayed with State Farm. Wondering if the discount is significant or not.

I going to call tommorow anyways to find out what the discount is you never know it could be 20-30% like AAA gives if you combine both Auto and Home owners under 1 policy. I got mercury for auto and there home owners policy is sub standard according to my own broker who had me go to another broker to buy my State Farm policy. So I assume he is telling the me the truth. Wonder also how good or bad Travelers policy is.

Thank you
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:42 am

I called Travlers Insurance today to find out about there rates. With Women and Company discount. My home Owners insurance would drops $563 a year with the same coverage as I have now with State Farm. Auto Insurance would drop a wooping $84 bucks but the $2 Million Umbrella would increase by $92. If i choose to just buy Home Owners insurnace from Travels and not Auto then my Home Owners policy would only drop by $362.

So I guess there is another benfit of Citigold as you can save some money on insurance. I am thinking of moving my Home Owners but not my car as I have been with Mercury for 10 years now and between the increase from umbrella there is really no savings at all. Also Travelers bills car insurance 1 year increments and charges an extra $12 a month if you dont pay in full vs Mercury bills you ever 6 months and if you pay it in full ever 6 months does not charge you an extrea fee.

I personally prefer to pay my car insurance in 6 month increments.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 6:02 pm

Great Info

I am in LA and thnak you for sharing this info. Has shopped around for the current year in June and it was pain to do the insurance shopping. Will definitely try next June. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by dolmar
I called Travlers Insurance today to find out about there rates. With Women and Company discount. My home Owners insurance would drops $563 a year with the same coverage as I have now with State Farm. Auto Insurance would drop a wooping $84 bucks but the $2 Million Umbrella would increase by $92. If i choose to just buy Home Owners insurnace from Travels and not Auto then my Home Owners policy would only drop by $362.

So I guess there is another benfit of Citigold as you can save some money on insurance. I am thinking of moving my Home Owners but not my car as I have been with Mercury for 10 years now and between the increase from umbrella there is really no savings at all. Also Travelers bills car insurance 1 year increments and charges an extra $12 a month if you dont pay in full vs Mercury bills you ever 6 months and if you pay it in full ever 6 months does not charge you an extrea fee.

I personally prefer to pay my car insurance in 6 month increments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.