Visa Infinite Card

Old Apr 1, 2005, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Visa Infinite Card

I wondering if Visa is eliminating the issuance of the Visa Infinite Card in the US, in favor of promoting the Visa Signature Card.

I saw on the National City Bank website that they are not offering the Visa Infinite Card to their Private Banking Clients.

One the Visa USA site, they no longer have any information on the Visa Infinite Card.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 7:03 pm

Signature is so diluted that they are issuing them to everyone. Visa might be restricting the issuance of the Infinite card as a more exclusive card product. I believe Chase is still issuing the card, by invite only.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:28 pm

Do you know what kind of features are offered with the infinite card? Would it make it equal to the Platinum or the Centurion?
Old Apr 2, 2005, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by SOhp101
Do you know what kind of features are offered with the infinite card? Would it make it equal to the Platinum or the Centurion?
I would say Infinite is the world's most exclusive card, because very few have it. Whereas the Centurion is being issued more often. I only know one Infinite holder and at least 50 Centurion cardmembers. Infinite doesn't offer instant elite levels through hotels/airlines, however what true VIP needs those statuses? Especially those that fly first class and stay in suites, it doesn't appeal to them! Here's some information. Hope it helps ^

Visa Infinite is the most sophisticated credit card in the world, specially designed with the most exclusive services available in the market, to meet the requirements of a select group of upscale consumers, provides unparalleled services and benefits, allows cardholders to fully enjoy their activities and travel with total freedom, confidence and peace of mind.

Visa Infinite Rental Car Insurance
Visa Infinite Emergency Medical Insurance
US$ 1,000,000 Travel Accidents Insurance
Infinite Visa Rewards program
Visa Infinite Personal Concierge Service
Visa Infinite Exclusive Travel Offers

The highest sign of Prestige and Distinction
Issued only to an exclusive group of select customers, the Visa Infinite card leverages the universal recognition and acceptance of the Visa brand, immediately identifying the cardholder as a preferred customer worldwide.

The Visa Infinite card instantly identifies the cardholder as a preferred upscale customer who has chosen the easiest, most secure and convenient way to pay at countless stores, supermarkets, restaurants, hotels and travel agencies, including prestigious merchants all over the world.

The Most Comprehensive Benefit Package in the Industry

When the Visa Infinite card is used to pay the ticket, the cardholder and his family members are automatically covered by one of the best insurance programs in the industry, at no additional cost. Subject to limitations and conditions specified in the policies, the insurance program the institution can offer it's preferred cardholders includes:

Travel Accident Insurance coverage of up to US$1 million for the cardholder, spouse and dependent children under 23 years of age.
Medical Emergency Insurance coverage of up to US$25,000 per person providing valuable protection for the cardholder and his family members in the event of a medical emergency due to injury or illness while traveling. The insurance also provides coverage if the cardholder or family member needs to be transferred to another location due to a medical emergency. In addition, the policy covers transportation costs to return home, as well as any other cost incurred by the cardholder due to trip interruption, a family member's visit or care during the period of convalescence to recover from a medical emergency.
Auto Rental Insurance providing coverage in the event of theft and collision worldwide when the cardholder uses his Visa Infinite card to pay the full amount of the rental while traveling outside his country of residence. The insurance covers the value of the vehicle or the cost to repair or replace it.

Truly Exclusive Services and Attractive Benefits

In addition to Emergency Card Replacement and Emergency Cash Advance within twenty-four to forty-eight hours practically anywhere in the world, Visa Infinite provides the cardholder with one of the most attractive added-value benefit packages in the payment card industry, including:
An exclusive Customer Service telephone line which can be accessed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The exclusive Visa Rewards program, providing airline, auto rental and hotel rewards without the restrictions usually imposed by other reward programs.
Valuable assistance and consulting services including:
Trip Planning Information
Physician, hospital and dentist referrals in the event of a medical emergency
Attorney and legal service referrals in the event of a legal emergency
Lost Ticket Replacement
Emergency Message Service
Lost Baggage Assistance Service
Emergency Transportation Assistance
Prescription Assistance
Document Delivery
The Visa Infinite card also provides state-of-the-art chip technology and access to the Visa Infinite website, where the cardholders can get updated information and track points on their Visa Reward program.

In addition, the Visa Infinite card provides services that are specially designed to make the cardholder's life easier and allow him or her to enjoy all activities and travel to the fullest, including:

The Personal Concierge, a versatile service that assists cardholders in the event of an emergency anywhere in the world. The Personal Concierge also provides information regarding the destinations visited, including regional customs, typical gifts, tourist attractions, sports and cultural events, and the best places to dine and enjoy nightlife. The Personal Concierge can also provide referrals to physicians and attorneys in case of emergency and assist the cardholder with ticket, lodging, luncheon, dinner, cultural event and show reservations, as well as to locate, purchase and ship gifts and make all arrangements required for banquets and meetings.
Executive Business Services to meet the special needs of business travelers.
Exclusive Travel Offers including travel and tour packages to the most exotic destinations, as well as excellent discounts and complimentary services at premier tour operators worldwide.

Last edited by MaisonUnitas; Apr 2, 2005 at 4:07 am
Old Apr 2, 2005, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Which, frankly, doesn't seem like much of a list of benefits.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
Which, frankly, doesn't seem like much of a list of benefits.
Those are the basics, each lender will tailor the card benefits to meet the needs of their base. For the affluent individual looking for the most widely accepted payment card, an elusive card product, low or no annual fee and some nice amenities, this card will surely appeal to them. The Centurion Card has a wealth of benefits, but those may not appeal to the first class flyer that stays in suites at the finest hotels in the world.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by MaisonUnitas
For the affluent individual looking for the most widely accepted payment card, an elusive card product, low or no annual fee and some nice amenities, this card will surely appeal to them.
I think I would prefer soemthing like the Merril Lynch Visa...

No annuel fee, same acceptance, but better ammenities...
Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
I think I would prefer soemthing like the Merril Lynch Visa...

No annuel fee, same acceptance, but better ammenities...
I believe Chase is restructuring the Infinite Card and that its future is in question, due to Bank Ones credit card portfolio. I received a letter in the mail from Chase, as they have temporarily suspended the rewards system and its being reworked for a June re-launch. The card is offered by invitation only to Private Banking clients with $5 million or more in their accounts. If you have additional questions, please post them and I can answer, as I have had this card for several years.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 6:24 am

I would say Infinite is the world's most exclusive card, because very few have it. Whereas the Centurion is being issued more often. I only know one Infinite holder and at least 50 Centurion cardmembers.
Well... I hold a Visa Infinite issued in France, where I have an active bank account. I didn't know that it's "exclusive".

The design is nice (www.visainfinite.fr) but the services and benefits are not as good as for my Centurion Amex.
The annual fee is more than €300 ($400)...
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:01 am

Programs: Centurion
Those are the basics, each lender will tailor the card benefits to meet the needs of their base. For the affluent individual looking for the most widely accepted payment card, an elusive card product, low or no annual fee and some nice amenities, this card will surely appeal to them. The Centurion Card has a wealth of benefits, but those may not appeal to the first class flyer that stays in suites at the finest hotels in the world.
Actually, the wealth of benefits is exactly what made us decide to pay $4,000 total for a Centurion card for myself and my wife. Buy one Business/First Class ticket and receive the other for free - this benefit alone is worth the price of admission and is a major money and convenience saver if you fly much at all.

As one example, my wife and I will be flying to Monte Carlo this fall where we will spend 4 days staying at the Hotel de Paris and then board a ten day SilverSea Cruise to Athens. It is costing us $2400 for both of us to fly Business Class to Monte Carlo - a $2400 benefit . We will most likely get a room upgrade at the Hotel de Paris - 4 nights for a total benefit of around $600. Additionally, we will each have a free breakfast at the hotel every morning and a free lunch for one day during the stay - benefits of around $350. Once we board the cruise ship, we will receive a $500 onboard credit and a bottle of Dom Perignon - around $650 in benefits. Once in Athens, we will probably receive a room upgrade for two nights plus breakfast each day for another $300 benefit. Total benefits of the Centurion card for the trip is easily over $4,000. The card has paid for itself on one trip. We plan on taking at least five trips a year like this, so it's a no-brainer to have the Centurion card.

For those who think that Centurion card holders don't think about how much something costs and casually fritter money away as it doesn't have that much meaning for us - how do you think we got enough money to afford the card in the first place? Certainly not by frittering it away.
Old May 21, 2006, 5:00 pm

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
It is very easy to get a VISA INFINITE card in France, and relatively easy to have the annual fee waived. I agree that the concierge service is not up to par with what Amex offers to its Centurion card holders.

Originally Posted by ahrz
Well... I hold a Visa Infinite issued in France, where I have an active bank account. I didn't know that it's "exclusive".

The design is nice (www.visainfinite.fr) but the services and benefits are not as good as for my Centurion Amex.
The annual fee is more than 300 ($400)...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.