Merrill+ VISA [Consolidated]

Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by HGHUA
Just approved for the Merrill+ and the Alaska card from BoA. My first time with any cards from them. Looks like I have a choice for the Merrill card to use the Merrill or BoA site for online access. Any differences between them? Is one more polished than the other or offer more functionality?

Wonder if the AS card is addable to the Merrill site...
The Merrill site is exclusively to access the card's benefits, meanwhile the BofA site will let you view transactions etc. for all your BofA accounts.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by greglvnv
The Merrill site is exclusively to access the card's benefits, meanwhile the BofA site will let you view transactions etc. for all your BofA accounts.
Ahh, understood. Thx
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:55 pm

what do you mean, "travel bank?"
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by scottymon
what do you mean, "travel bank?"
AS travelbank.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:24 am

So because AS is free cancellation, it should totally work to buy a $590 AS Ickes, cancel it, get money in the bank, and then use that money to buy a ticket along with an AS visa companion pass and MVP upgrade, right? Will AS let me use travel credit to pay the companion amounts?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by mabramovich
So because AS is free cancellation, it should totally work to buy a $590 AS Ickes, cancel it, get money in the bank, and then use that money to buy a ticket along with an AS visa companion pass and MVP upgrade, right? Will AS let me use travel credit to pay the companion amounts?
If you have 50k points you will end up with 1k AS credit.
CP can be paid for with credit.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:54 am

iPhone failed...I meant "$500 AS ticket"

I'd rather use "just" $500 and save the remaining on the credit card.

Thank you for the confirmation that this works!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:22 pm

iPhone failed...I meant "$500 AS ticket"

I'd rather use "just" $500 and save the remaining on the credit card.

Thank you for the confirmation that this works!
Sometimes you need multiple $1-200 flights, in which case my method is better.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:15 pm

applied for merrill and bofa alaska pers/bus cards. both Bofa cards, approved merrill is pending. do you need to request the credit reports to be consolidated into one pull or does it automatically happen?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by patpatpatme
applied for merrill and bofa alaska pers/bus cards. both Bofa cards, approved merrill is pending. do you need to request the credit reports to be consolidated into one pull or does it automatically happen?
The one pull thing isn't an official or guaranteed thing. The bureau is assuming the pulls are duplicates and combining them. BOA has nothing to do with it. Officially, they pull for each application.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:24 pm

If you really want this card and are looking to apply for multiple BofA cards (to take advantage of it being one hard pull) apply for the Merrill first. Only apply for additional B of A cards if you get approved for the Merrill. There are reports of people getting approved for the BofA cards then pending/denied for the Merrill. While reconsideration is possible if you get denied initially, they are very with it and tough. I applied for this card myself and got pending/denied, and called reconsideration. They cited the fact that I applied for three new BofA cards over a year ago as reason why they couldn't grant my reconsideration, request and noted I currently had four cards with BofA. And I know there are a lot of people out there who have churned many more cards than that with BofA!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:13 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
is there a limit to the number of BofA cc you can have in total with the bank?

Does anyone have a special Merrill reconsideration number to call?
thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by frank_10b
is there a limit to the number of BofA cc you can have in total with the bank?

Does anyone have a special Merrill reconsideration number to call?
thanks!
I applied on Friday and decision went to pending. Called 866-224-7803 and they approved immediately. Asked to be expedited and I received the card via UPS on Monday at 10 am.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by r.brown
I applied on Friday and decision went to pending. Called 866-224-7803 and they approved immediately. Asked to be expedited and I received the card via UPS on Monday at 10 am.
How many Bofa cards do you have currently?
and you just opened the Merill card? no other cards?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by xgeorge1
How many Bofa cards do you have currently?
and you just opened the Merill card? no other cards?
0 Bofa cards.

I just opened the Merrill card - no existing relationship with them or Bofa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.