Links for freezing all three credit reports:

-Equifax
-Experian
-Transunion
Print Wikipost

HUGE data breach at Equifax

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:36 pm

I tried to sign up for trustedIDpremier...enetred all my personal info (as required) and got a message that they would send me a link via email to sign up and I should be patient as it could be in a few days. However, one week has passed and I still haven't received that email to enroll. Is anyone in the same boat?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
I tried to sign up for trustedIDpremier...enetred all my personal info (as required) and got a message that they would send me a link via email to sign up and I should be patient as it could be in a few days. However, one week has passed and I still haven't received that email to enroll. Is anyone in the same boat?
Same for me.
Has anyone here received the email yet?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by junks2010
Same for me.
I did not.

In other news, I tried to freeze Equifax online. Form tells me they can't freeze online, need to send in docs via mail. So I did. At the same time as I sent docs to ARS and SageStream, using certified first class mail. Checked the USPS tracker today, mail to ARS and SageStream was delivered today, mail to Equifax is still pending.

Nobody should be allowed to run such an amateur operation. Especially not a company that has access to such an extraordinary amount of personal information. They need to go down, as in disappear off the face of the Earth.

Last edited by blaz; Sep 19, 2017 at 7:31 pm
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by blaz
I did not.

In other news, I tried to freeze Equifax online. Form tells me they can't freeze online, need to send in docs via mail. So I did. At the same time as I sent docs to ARS and SageStream, using certified first class mail. Checked the USPS tracker today, mail to ARS and SageStream was delivered today, mail to Equifax is still pending.

This company needs to disappear. As in go away completely. Go extinct.
With one of the 3 credit bureaus (I can't remember which one), I too got the message to send forms via regular mail. However, after a couple of hours, I just re-entered the same info. into the web page, and that time, it went through (so I didn't need to send anything via regular mail in the first place!) Luckily, I guessed it was probably a systems issue on their end and it saved me a step of mailing things in.

Separately, Who are what are ARS and Sage Stream?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Same for me.
I haven't. I called the number listed on https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/, where the CS person told me to call 888-548-7878. Of course, the latter is only open until 8pm Central time.

Fortunately the recorded message also has an email that might work. No guarantees that anyone will respond but it's worth a shot.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:45 pm

With one of the 3 credit bureaus (I can't remember which one), I too got the message to send forms via regular mail. However, after a couple of hours, I just re-entered the same info. into the web page, and that time, it went through (so I didn't need to send anything via regular mail in the first place!) Luckily, I guessed it was probably a systems issue on their end and it saved me a step of mailing things in.
I tried a number of times over a couple of days and have always received the same answer. That's why I gave up in the end and sent in the paperwork.

Separately, Who are what are ARS and Sage Stream?
Both are less known credit reporting agencies. ARS is run by Visa and it is very hush hush, it doesn't even have a web site.

SageStream is here: https://www.sagestreamllc.com/security-freeze/

Here's a full list of all the data collection scams I know of that should be frozen:

Experian
Equifax
Transunion
Innovis
SageStream
ARS
ChexSystems

And I'm sure there's more. Sigh.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:17 am

I was in the same situation. I waited a week and just started over and the next time I got the email the next day and was able to set it up successfully. One note however, I did use a different email the second time around.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Same for me.
I have not got it yet. They said 2-3 days, so far day 6.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm attempting to follow the steps here and I found out that the Social Security Administration actually pulls your credit reports to verify your identity as part of creating a mySocialSecurity account. Which it can't do since I froze the major ones. From the CS person I talked to on the phone about this, it sounds like I'd have to go down to a SS office to be able to do that (or unfreeze my credit reports).

Weirdly, the IRS website asked the same sort of identity verification questions (last 8 digits of a credit card number or another loan) and let me create an account without any issues.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by jjmac10
I was in the same situation. I waited a week and just started over and the next time I got the email the next day and was able to set it up successfully. One note however, I did use a different email the second time around.
i resubmitted my request yesterday and received the email this morning. After the first step of the validation process, their website froze. And now it said that i already registered and wont let me restart. I cannot login since i dont have the password, and i cannot reset the password because that part of theur website is down? They must hired highschool kids to develop their website.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally got the TrustedID email. Of course, as soon as I entered the six-digit code texted to me, the site spit out an "unable to process at this time" error.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
I finally got the TrustedID email. Of course, as soon as I entered the six-digit code texted to me, the site spit out an "unable to process at this time" error.
Try early in the morning.
I successfully registered my and my wife's accounts this morning.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try early in the morning.
I successfully registered my and my wife's accounts this morning.
I tried again and it said I was already registered. Fortunately the lost password page worked fine and I was able to log in.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Has the dust settled yet?

I tried the Equifax free monitoring website. But as I'm currently overseas I got this message...

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: dKOMBUehhnJA_HAFUx4VsrVVY6WOigW5UMxhh4bx5eDLS1xx3x pSbg==

Wow are they bad!

I just noticed that my FICO score dipped a little bit recently so I'm somewhat concerned about what to do and how to find out why it dipped?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
I just noticed that my FICO score dipped a little bit recently so I'm somewhat concerned about what to do and how to find out why it dipped?
If you go to annualcreditreport.com, you can get a credit report from each of the three major bureaus once a year without having to pay anything. That should be able to tell you if there's any unauthorized activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.