Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Well, you must be a USBank customer to apply for the Altitude. That part doesn't seem negotiable. So you'd need to first open a different USBank consumer cc and wait 35 days (or 30?), before you can open one. Of course, two apps that close together with USBank might be problematic since they are apparently touchy about apps.

I'm guessing they are trying to roll this out slowly so they don't get hit with an unmanageable number of apps.
Ok, that's certainly one way! Is it the best way, I'm curious?

As you mentioned, this solution might not be in best interests of both the bank and the customer.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: United, Marriott
Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
Ok, that's certainly one way! Is it the best way, I'm curious?

As you mentioned, this solution might not be in best interests of both the bank and the customer.
You could try opening a checking account instead of another CC. Go for the gold checking package which has no fees as long as you have a consumer CC open with them.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Am I reading this correctly you only get four lounge visits? I know the net fee is only $75 after the travel credit, but that seems weak compared to CSR which clocks in at $150 net.
Cheers
Howie
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:36 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
Am I reading this correctly you only get four lounge visits?
Correct. They are likely assuming that most of their applicants already have Priority Pass from another source, and this could be a ploy to push the cost of the benefit to the other card issuer. It remains to be seen if they will actually bill for visits beyond four.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TheVJOng
You could try opening a checking account instead of another CC. Go for the gold checking package which has no fees as long as you have a consumer CC open with them.
If OP had a consumer CC w/ Usbank, he would not need the checking account. Can you open a checking account from out of state?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:04 pm

Well Visa Infinite's $10,000 min for credit lines was short lived, it's now $5000? Well guess we can expect Visa and partner issuers to flood the market handing out Visa Infinite to every new card. Can't wait to see Chase Freedom Visa Infinite. What's the point of introducing a new tier beyond Signature if you're going to dilute? Oh well, very average looking card design but maybe the physical card will look nicer.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Nick92
Well Visa Infinite's $10,000 min for credit lines was short lived, it's now $5000? Well guess we can expect Visa and partner issuers to flood the market handing out Visa Infinite to every new card. Can't wait to see Chase Freedom Visa Infinite. What's the point of introducing a new tier beyond Signature if you're going to dilute? Oh well, very average looking card design but maybe the physical card will look nicer.
In Canada they already flooded the market with Visa Infinites. Every bank has a few Visa Infinites for a few years already.
This card should be excellent, if you have Samsung Pay, that means 4.5% for almost all in-person transactions. This will be good addition to CSR, Ink Cash, Citi ATTAM and Amex EDP, which will cover most of the purchases. Chase Freedom Unlimited will not be needed that much anymore.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by TheVJOng
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
... Can you open a checking account from out of state?
This type of conflicting reports I was hoping might be sorted out by now. Probably too early to tell, though.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:25 am

Noticed that little blurb about using mobile processing payments and purchasing cash equivalents....
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:49 am

I found it strange one of the Q/A said Expedia is not "Travel". I thought Expedia is coded as "Travel" so they just exclude all the travel booking sites?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by mia
Correct. They are likely assuming that most of their applicants already have Priority Pass from another source, and this could be a ploy to push the cost of the benefit to the other card issuer. It remains to be seen if they will actually bill for visits beyond four.
i wonder what the data is on usage of Priority Pass memberships, i have it through the amex plat but use it once a year if that, and alot of CSR holder's in my office hardly ever use it. They might have looked at the data and capped the freebies at 4 out of that analysis.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Any idea if authorized users are considered existing USBank customers? My spouse is an AU on my USbank visa and it appears on his credit report as such.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I wish I didn't close my Carlson card a few months ago now
Old May 1, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Application is now live:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html
Old May 1, 2017, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by progapanda
I applied and was not approved "based on the information provided." They'll "follow up within 7-10 days" with a letter.
(I have a FlexPerks card with them and a checking account. The FlexPerks card for 9 months, the checking account for a few weeks.)

Waiting to hear other peoples experiences and who gets instant approvals...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.