Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Has anyone tried paying federal taxes with visa checkout for 3x points? I can't seem to get an answer from US Bank whether or not visa checkout qualifies for the mobile wallet bonus, and I don't want to get the AR if it doesn't...
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by NeGourmand
Has anyone tried paying federal taxes with visa checkout for 3x points? I can't seem to get an answer from US Bank whether or not visa checkout qualifies for the mobile wallet bonus, and I don't want to get the AR if it doesn't...
I'm pretty sure it would not, but I don't have the card. Based on what US Bank says your best bet would be if you could use Android Pay to pay through Visa Checkout. Google announced that they would support this almost a year ago, but since then they appear to have made zero progress, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it happening soon, if ever.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
any success with card conversions to this one? i have an old US Bank Select Rewards visa card that I've had since like 2005 and would be interested in having it converted to this card.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:24 pm

My wife recently booked a flight using the signup bonus. Couple interesting issues - one is the search seems to be somewhat limited compared to the number of results coming up in Kayak. Secondly, the search listed United as Basic Economy, but when she called in, the agent was actually able to book that same rate as regular economy (as was listed on the United website). Point value came out to .015 exactly in relation to the $fare on the United website. The US Bank search is also quite slow.

Nice to see competition between the banks, but hard to imagine how this competes with CSR long-term.

On the plus side - the actual US Bank travel person was really nice and helpful.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:53 pm

could anyone pls share customer service phone # for this card?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:46 am

Should be on the back of the card.

Originally Posted by unstableone
could anyone pls share customer service phone # for this card?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: Elite status at local McDonalds, Carwash, and Post Office
I second this, I booked flights to Hawaii with the signup bonus points and only United basic economy was showing (among other carriers). Called them up and was transferred to the travel agency who booked us for the same price in regular economy for the same price. You have to call in to get the regular economy booking. I'm sure you could also book other classes of service as well, but not through the site.

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
My wife recently booked a flight using the signup bonus. Couple interesting issues - one is the search seems to be somewhat limited compared to the number of results coming up in Kayak. Secondly, the search listed United as Basic Economy, but when she called in, the agent was actually able to book that same rate as regular economy (as was listed on the United website). Point value came out to .015 exactly in relation to the $fare on the United website. The US Bank search is also quite slow.

Nice to see competition between the banks, but hard to imagine how this competes with CSR long-term.

On the plus side - the actual US Bank travel person was really nice and helpful.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:44 am

I’ve been using my Altitude Reserve like crazy, because I’ve been traveling around Europe for the past month. Almost every single merchant supports contactless payments, so I’ve been getting 3x points on every purchase using my Apple Watch. The Priority Pass lounge access has been convenient too, although being limited to 4 free guests a year is a bummer. Considering the annual fee is essentially $75 after the $325 travel credit, I’ll probably keep the card, especially as more merchants in the US start supporting Apple Pay.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Probably a dumb question, but is the $325 annual travel credit per calendar year or account year?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by gizayabasu
Probably a dumb question, but is the $325 annual travel credit per calendar year or account year?
Account year, they wised up unlike some of the others in the past
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:07 am

I was curious if anyone with this card could call the travel portal # and see if they have an over-the-phone option for Southwest flights. I know other places don't really advertise it but do have the option.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by milypan
I'm pretty sure it would not, but I don't have the card. Based on what US Bank says your best bet would be if you could use Android Pay to pay through Visa Checkout. Google announced that they would support this almost a year ago, but since then they appear to have made zero progress, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it happening soon, if ever.
Samsung Pay will support visa checkout very soon.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:11 am

Has it been confirmed any amount of AR points can be used for travel at 1.5 cents each? The application page implies such with 50,000 points = $750 for travel... but the 1.5c redemption rate is never mentioned explicitly.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingChuck
...travel at 1.5 cents each? ...
See post 146 for an example.

the flight listed there costs 25,801 pts and the cash price is $387.01
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by mia
See post 146 for an example.
Thanks mia. Saw that... I'm more concerned about travel > $750. Haven't seen any redemption data points on say a $3k business class flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.