Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AugustWest
Curious lack of any news regarding shutdowns for the past 2 weeks. Any DPs of successful MSing with this or has everyone been scared off?
Yeah, I'm curious, too. I have done legitimate spend (travel and some purchases that won't give me bonus points on other cards), but I probably can't get to $4500 in 3 months that way. I can pay some taxes and other bills with the card, but I still might need another $1000 in spend that I'd like to do in gift cards. But I've been too afraid to do so. In a month or so, though, I'll need to try something.

BTW, does the $325 they reimburse you count toward the $4500?
Old May 27, 2017, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
BTW, does the $325 they reimburse you count toward the $4500?
no
Old May 27, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by RobotsRock
Well I gave in and applied anyway. Went to branch on Monday, opened a Gold checking account, and immediate rejection since new US Bank Customer with no prior relationship. Banker called the phone line and told them I was a new account and my initial bank deposit balance and they resubmitted. Approved Tuesday, shipped Wednesday, received Thursday via UPS Overnight Saver. 35k CL

This will be my new everyday card for business travel! The mobile payment and travel cashback rates are great compared to my Prestige, though I'll likely use the Prestige for personal travel over the Altitude given the better protection benefits if with family. Wish their app had fingerprint recognition as I check my pending transactions multiple times per day as a habit.
Install Mint and check it from there.
Old May 28, 2017, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by MacroMicro
no
you sure about that? what's your source? That hasn't been the case with any other premium card with a travel credit, and I can't imagine that they wouldn't count every dollar you spend as part of the minimum spend, except for the AF, which again, is the exclusion with every other card. You're gonna have to back this up.

And as for MS, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to sprinkle in some GCs from the same places I typically spend anyways, less than 500 and not in any regular denomination. So far so good. If I ever cash out all of my flex and altitude points maybe I'll open up the flood gates, but for now just don't be predictable. This is my everyday card at the moment, and I use android pay maybe 75% of the time, it's actually made me a convert, if that was the goal, and I had never used android pay before this.

Also we have 3 months, you should probably spread it out.
Old May 28, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeffersun
Also we have 3 months, you should probably spread it out.
Yeah, it's a bit frustrating that they're being jerky about this because the card itself is pretty useful for travellers. I'm planning on keeping it my wallet and using it the next year. But if I have to worry about buying a gift card or two, who needs it?

Of course, since most of my spend on the card will be travel-related -- and I probably wouldn't renew without some sort of bonus -- I'm probably not a profitable customer to them, anyway.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, it's a bit frustrating that they're being jerky about this because the card itself is pretty useful for travellers. I'm planning on keeping it my wallet and using it the next year. But if I have to worry about buying a gift card or two, who needs it?

Of course, since most of my spend on the card will be travel-related -- and I probably wouldn't renew without some sort of bonus -- I'm probably not a profitable customer to them, anyway.
Yes, with upgraded Blue Business Plus with no AF, this card makes not much sense. IMO, you will need to spend around $15k to break even on $75 effective AF.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: Delta/Hyatt/Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
First month closed and received both bonus and earned points after $4,500+ spending excluded annual fee. Global entry and travel reimbursement are posted immediately after spent. 3X for mobile wallet and travel seems correct, but could not find link for breakdown for individual activity. Anyone may help to point that out?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by benitovacation
First month closed and received both bonus and earned points after $4,500+ spending excluded annual fee. Global entry and travel reimbursement are posted immediately after spent. 3X for mobile wallet and travel seems correct, but could not find link for breakdown for individual activity. Anyone may help to point that out?
I couldn't find a way to break it down by transaction. In my first month, I booked one flight directly with an airline, and the rest of the transactions were all Apple Pay transactions, so I was able to verify that my bonus points were correct simply by tripling my total spend for the month. The statement gave me the total extra points for mobile wallet use and the total extra points for travel use, but it's not useful at all for identifying which transactions did or did not qualify for the bonus.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by PLin
I couldn't find a way to break it down by transaction. In my first month, I booked one flight directly with an airline, and the rest of the transactions were all Apple Pay transactions, so I was able to verify that my bonus points were correct simply by tripling my total spend for the month. The statement gave me the total extra points for mobile wallet use and the total extra points for travel use, but it's not useful at all for identifying which transactions did or did not qualify for the bonus.
You can try to go to spend analysis and see what's there.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:50 pm

I have been using my Altitude Reserve as a main credit card since I received it and using Samsung oay or Apple Pay whenever possible. 2days ago my card stopped working stating no service available from your bank or the like.

I can log into my account fine and see my Altitude. I can even access to my reward site (although I have 0 pt). Anybody experienced the similar issue?

I called them them but they told me that special department needs to review and call me back later but they haven't called me for 2 days now.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:53 am
jk2

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I have been using my Altitude Reserve as a main credit card since I received it and using Samsung oay or Apple Pay whenever possible. 2days ago my card stopped working stating no service available from your bank or the like.

I can log into my account fine and see my Altitude. I can even access to my reward site (although I have 0 pt). Anybody experienced the similar issue?

I called them them but they told me that special department needs to review and call me back later but they haven't called me for 2 days now.
That's a bad sign. I doubt they will call you back. So, prepare to talk to Keith or Kristie. It wouldn't be fun, unless all your activity is clear.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by yugi
You can try to go to spend analysis and see what's there.
Spend Analysis has no data yet. Have to wait until the 5th of the month to see the previous month. However, for my US Bank Cash+ card, Spend Analysis isn't very useful. The categories it displays are more broad than the MCC descriptions.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by jk2
That's a bad sign. I doubt they will call you back. So, prepare to talk to Keith or Kristie. It wouldn't be fun, unless all your activity is clear.

The card is closed without any notice. not worth opening credit cards from US bank.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:12 am

This card is a joke. Hard pass.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Even though Plastiq codes as travel with Merchant Code 07011 for mortgage/rent. It appears US Bank stopped honoring the 3% for this merchant. I sent a small trial payment earlier in the month that gave me a small travel rebate. But the end of month Mortgage payment, although coded the same, did not award a travel credit nor 3%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.