Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:51 pm

USB just pumps and dumps cards. This card will receive several benefit cuts over the year.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by runb4fun
USB just pumps and dumps cards. This card will receive several benefit cuts over the year.
I think you are spot on with this comment - I see no reason to rush to jump on this one.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: United, Marriott
Originally Posted by dburns
I think you are spot on with this comment - I see no reason to rush to jump on this one.
May not be a long term keeper, but should be good for a 1 year fling if the rumors are true. It's supposedly $400 AF w/ $325 travel credit, making it a net $75 for at least $750 worth of points, plus other stuff like PP (if you don't have it from CSR or Plat) and Visa Infinite perks.

Of course this is assuming the rumors hold.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Explorist, United Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by TheVJOng
May not be a long term keeper, but should be good for a 1 year fling if the rumors are true. It's supposedly $400 AF w/ $325 travel credit, making it a net $75 for at least $750 worth of points, plus other stuff like PP (if you don't have it from CSR or Plat) and Visa Infinite perks.

Of course this is assuming the rumors hold.
definitely good for at least a 1 year fling if the airline credit is implemented like chase/amex, where the AF is on membership year while airline credit is on calendar year
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:20 pm

The "reserve" card is for high-valued clients of US Bank. 99% of the people reading this will not be eligible, unless they are changing qualifications.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:11 am

A recent post on reddit details a few more interesting features of this new US Bank card:

[...]
Spending:
Travel: Earn 3X points per $1 for eligible net travel purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rental companies, taxis, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies.

MCC 4121 Taxicabs count as travel
MCC 7011 Lodging – Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Central Reservation Services count as travel
MCC 4722 Travel Agencies, Tour Operators don’t count as travel
MCC 6513 Real Estate Agents and Managers – Rentals don’t count as travel

Mobile wallet: Earn 3X points per $1 for eligible net mobile wallet purchases when using the Altitude Reserve card with your mobile device to pay through Apple Pay,® Android Pay,™ Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet.

All other purchases: Earn 1X point per $1 spent on all other eligible net purchases
No foreign transaction fees for purchases made in foreign currencies.
The points never expire.

Points redemption and value:
Points can be redeemed for travel as well as gift cards, merchandise, entertainment, cash back, magazines and more, starting at just 1,000 points.

Has a rich point value when customers redeem for travel: 1 point is worth 1.5 cents when redeeming for travel. 10,000 points are worth $150 in airfare, hotel stays, car rental or other travel awards [...]
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Thefirst
A recent post on reddit details a few more interesting features of this new US Bank card:
/r/churning's also mentioning that only NFC transactions are eligible, not MST. This will probably dramatically reduce the usefulness of that particular benefit depending on where one lives and spends money.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tmiw
/r/churning's also mentioning that only NFC transactions are eligible, not MST. This will probably dramatically reduce the usefulness of that particular benefit depending on where one lives and spends money.
Not much MST use here in NE. Everywhere I go ppl say it won't work. It does 90% of time, that 10% doesn't help my cause though... makes me look dumb in front of them.

That being said, most are still congenial about it. A few days ago got the usual it don't work response in a restaurant. When it did work the guy cursed at me and threw the pen at me to sign. No tip, he was a lousy waiter too.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Not much MST use here in NE. Everywhere I go ppl say it won't work. It does 90% of time, that 10% doesn't help my cause though... makes me look dumb in front of them.

That being said, most are still congenial about it. A few days ago got the usual it don't work response in a restaurant. When it did work the guy cursed at me and threw the pen at me to sign. No tip, he was a lousy waiter too.
Wait, was this the kind of restaurant where you pay at the front? Bringing the terminal to the table is still really rare in the US despite having the chip, at least in my experience.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yeah, pay up front. I wish they did the terminal at the table thing.

I have come across a terminal or two in the US that could be detatched and brought over but of course they're too lazy to do so.

Which brings up a point, this card, if you try to do mobile nfc or mst, good luck in sit down or chain restaurants. One they takr your card away, the other has integrated pos swipes that they'll never understand/let you get near. I tried once at a bonefish with integrated pos swipe, whole system crashed. Hard.lol
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:20 pm

Wait, was this the kind of restaurant where you pay at the front? Bringing the terminal to the table is still really rare in the US despite having the chip, at least in my experience.
Disneyland, Ruth Chris Steakhouse, and Benihana Teppanyaki all have pay at the table. They all use the obligatory iWL 220's or 250's just to let you know. It's a great experience and restaurants that do pay at the table usually have better service and happier customers, at least the several times that I have been to each one.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tyler2017
Disneyland, Ruth Chris Steakhouse, and Benihana Teppanyaki all have pay at the table. They all use the obligatory iWL 220's or 250's just to let you know. It's a great experience and restaurants that do pay at the table usually have better service and happier customers, at least the several times that I have been to each one.
Which restaurants at Disneyland do pay at the table with wireless terminals? I heard one of the restaurants at Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney do it, but nothing so far about Disneyland Resort in California.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tyler2017
My experience has been that the vast majority of restaurants still swipe cards in the back. Out of the remainder, I'd say 90% take the card to the back and use the chip; the remainder almost always have you pay at the front (Denny's and the like). I've only personally been to one restaurant with pay at the table where I live, hence the comment about it still being rare.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
Which restaurants at Disneyland do pay at the table with wireless terminals? I heard one of the restaurants at Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney do it, but nothing so far about Disneyland Resort in California.
I meant the Disney World in Florida. In the Disneyland in California, the last time I went there, it was swipe only.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:42 pm

My experience has been that the vast majority of restaurants still swipe cards in the back. Out of the remainder, I'd say 90% take the card to the back and use the chip; the remainder almost always have you pay at the front (Denny's and the like). I've only personally been to one restaurant with pay at the table where I live, hence the comment about it still being rare.
I see. Perhaps I shouldn't have been to Benihana or Ruth Chris so many times. After all, it brings a false impression that pay at the table is widespread. It was like during October 2015, where I thought almost every single store would have EMV since I happened to shop at Target, Rite Aid, Walmart, and Walgreens during that very week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.