Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which card to get?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Which card to get?

I'm going to be spending a good chunk of change in the next month, so I figure I may as well pick up a new card for a bonus.

Currently I have the following:
Amex PRG
Amex Platinum (auth user)
Amex Hilton (no fee card)
Citi Hilton Reserve

Wife has:
CSP
Southwest Plus
Southwest Premier

We already have the companion pass and we fly SW as a family. I fly AA for work and stay exclusively at Hiltons. We use the CSP and PRG for everyday spend, so I have a bunch of points in both programs.

I'll be able to get any card, just want to grab the right one.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
How many cards have you been approved for in the last 24 months? This will determine if you can get certain Chase cards.

Do you have any preferences for additional miles/points? Can you apply for a business card? Many of us have small side businesses.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by philemer
How many cards have you been approved for in the last 24 months? This will determine if you can get certain Chase cards.

Do you have any preferences for additional miles/points? Can you apply for a business card? Many of us have small side businesses.
I'm good on the 5/24. No business cards. Don't really care where the points are but would like to stay in one of the 4 programs that I'm already in.

I've thought about the AA card with lounge access, but I try to fly through DFW for the Centurion lounge and doubt the annual fee would be worth it to me.

I am wondering if the SPG might be worth it if I take a trip to Hawaii or Europe in the next year.

Last edited by browerjs; Apr 2, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by browerjs
I'm going to be spending a good chunk of change in the next month, so I figure I may as well pick up a new card for a bonus.

Currently I have the following:
Amex PRG
Amex Platinum (auth user)
Amex Hilton (no fee card)
Citi Hilton Reserve

Wife has:
CSP
Southwest Plus
Southwest Premier

We already have the companion pass and we fly SW as a family. I fly AA for work and stay exclusively at Hiltons. We use the CSP and PRG for everyday spend, so I have a bunch of points in both programs.

I'll be able to get any card, just want to grab the right one.
Get Ink Preferred - 80k bonus, get SPG personal and business, they are running 35k bonus till 04/05.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.