Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best business card.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Best business card.

I opened a new company for contract work. And now I need a new business CC to charge around $2-5k per month.
I have a few Ink Plus/Cash cards. Can those be converted to a new company?
I'd like to get Ink Preferred or Southwest, but I don't think Chase will allow me another card.
I already had Amex Business Plat, so I can't get another bonus, otherwise I'd get it. Had SPG business as well.
I have Alaska Business, Club Carlson Business, Amex BGR.
Was thinking about Cap1 Spark. Any other ideas?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:04 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yugi
Any other ideas?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...es-points.html
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:23 pm

Cap1 pulls all three credit bureaus. Not worth it.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Thanks mia. Blue for Business has a pretty good offer. But it's not a charge card. How many credit cards can one have from Amex now?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
How many credit cards can one have from Amex now?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

According to DoC, you can get another bonus with Amex if it's on different EIN. Is it true?

It will work with American Express as long as different tax ID are used. If you sign up for multiple cards using a SSN or the same EIN, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/can-ge...erican_Express
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
According to DoC, you can get another bonus with Amex if it's on different EIN. Is it true?
Not in my experience. The individual, not the business, is the applicant.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/can-ge...erican_Express
The way DoC works, if you go that page, and look at that section carefully, there are little "1"s next to the bullet point for each card type, and if you click on those it takes you the datapoint from a DoC blog comment post. The 3rd datapoint there seems pretty solid to me, the first 2 are not as clear (the first one DoC didn't ask about the bonus and the commenter didn't mention the bonus, and the second one the commenter doesn't seem absolutely sure).

IME, DoC takes good care with linking to datapoints which back up his claims. Now, you may not agree that there enough datapoints to come to the same conclusion sometimes, but at least the datapoints are easy to find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.