Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by poisson
I opened this card about a month ago, made two purchases, paid the AF and statement. Should I expect my bonus to post with the next statement?
My statement closes in a few days. I will let you know.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
... it says I have been denied. Never received a phone call from barclays asking me to move around credit limits....wondering if I should have been proactive with suggesting a credit limit reallocation.
In my experience, Barclays means no when they say no to an application.
But it's always worth a try to call in proactively to ask for a credit reallocation; you never know.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Approved. My 3rd Barclays card, first Aviator. At least someone still loves me. xxx

Last edited by philemer; Feb 23, 2017 at 12:52 pm Reason: profanity removed
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:00 pm

DP: paid annual fee and statement charges as soon as they posted. 40k on first statement.
Miles haven't showed yet on aa.com.
Wonder if i entered the wrong aa # now..

Both citi and chase hate me. Can't get new cards from them.

Last edited by Travelchurner; Feb 16, 2017 at 11:13 pm
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:22 pm

DP: Received the 40k bonus even though I hold another Aviator card
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
How long does it take Barclays to generate the first statement? Is it a full month from approval? It's been so long since I had a new Barclays card I can't remember.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: GE
my jetblue plus card closed first statement in about 8 days
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:32 am

Miles posted on first statement after paying AF.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Data Point On Timing of Bonus

DP:
  1. Card Approved and Account Opened on 12/17/16
  2. First Purchase made 12/23/16
  3. Annual Fee posted 1/17/17
  4. First Statement Closed 1/17/17
  5. Paid AF and First Purchase 1/18/17
  6. Second Statement Closed 2/17/17
  7. Statement included 40K bonus in AAdvantage Summary
  8. Received email confirming 40K miles earned
  9. AAdvantage account reflects 40K miles added
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:54 pm

Is there a consensus yet

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 7, 2019 at 11:24 pm
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by shimps1
Is there a consensus yet on churning this card?

I have now had the Aviator Red open for about 70 days. I have paid the AF and received the bonus. Should I cancel it now, then apply for a new Aviator Red in 6 months or so? Or should I ask for a retention offer, a downgrade option, or just wait a full year and then cancel the card? I'm not planning on using it at all, and already have a Citi AAdvantage Plat that gets me the same benefits.
You definitely don't want to let them close it due to non activity. They closed my US Airways account and now I am auto-declined on every app. Sure I can call recon who basically says I've been auto-declined with no hard pull due to "brown"listing. They pull my report after asking my permission and go from there. But who wants to explain why you're in that negative boat to begin with?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:21 am

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 5:35 pm
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nall
Same. I actually had 2 existing Aviators. Guess I can probably close one or both of old ones.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by nall
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Same. I actually had 2 existing Aviators. Guess I can probably close one or both of old ones.
I can add another DP. Received the 40k bonus with one previous Aviator card open. I closed a second previous card the day before applying.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I also was approved and received the welcome bonus despite currently holding two Aviator Red cards that were converted over from US Airways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.