Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
The 50,000 just posted. 😀
Do you have an existing aviator card?

A prior US Airways one that was converted to Aviator Red? Canceled recently?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:50 am

I have the aviator card I got in January, my only barclay card. Will closing it reset the 24 clock on all Aadvantage earning cards? I really want to apply for the wyndham and the arrival in the same day but I'm not sure if it's best to close the aviator first or keep it. I know my husband had 0 barclay cards and he applied for the wyndham and the arrival on the same day and was approved for both (one went pending and then showed up in account a few days later).
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sarrisa
I have the aviator card I got in January, my only barclay card. Will closing it reset the 24 clock on all Aadvantage earning cards? I really want to apply for the wyndham and the arrival in the same day but I'm not sure if it's best to close the aviator first or keep it. I know my husband had 0 barclay cards and he applied for the wyndham and the arrival on the same day and was approved for both (one went pending and then showed up in account a few days later).
Barclays cards have no impact on the 24 month clock for Citi cards.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Do you have an existing aviator card?

A prior US Airways one that was converted to Aviator Red? Canceled recently?
Yes have one open Aviator Red that was a converted US Airways card. Am not planning on canceling that as it is one that gets the annual 10,000 anniversary miles.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:53 am

As another data point...

I cancelled my converted US Airways card a few months ago and applied for a new Aviator Red card recently along with the Arrival Plus card (churned for the 4th time) to combine inquiries. Bonus for both cards has posted.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:47 pm

How soon the miles from the Aviator Red post? I have the US airways converted card and applied for this new Aviator Red, spent a dollar at the first statement, no 50k so far. do i need to pay off the 95 annual fee before the 50k miles post? Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by ddlo1982
How soon the miles from the Aviator Red post? I have the US airways converted card and applied for this new Aviator Red, spent a dollar at the first statement, no 50k so far. do i need to pay off the 95 annual fee before the 50k miles post? Thanks.
Yes.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rjs11
As another data point...

I cancelled my converted US Airways card a few months ago and applied for a new Aviator Red card recently along with the Arrival Plus card (churned for the 4th time) to combine inquiries. Bonus for both cards has posted.
Nice - were both approved instantly?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:54 am

As another data point...

Has anyone churned the Aviator Red or Arrival Plus while having one of the card types being churned open ?

In other words applying while allready having the same card open and getting approved and receiving the bonus ?

Last edited by rover4618; Jul 21, 2017 at 4:13 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As another data point...

Thanks for the DPs.

How long you normally hold the A+ card since you have done 4th iteration so far, you must have found the "right" approach to pull a long success string.

Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Yes.
Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Happy
How long you normally hold the A+ card since you have done 4th iteration so far, you must have found the "right" approach to pull a long success string.
I'd like to know that too. How long do you keep the arrival card open, and then how long do you wait after cancelling before reapplying?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I currently hold two open Aviators converted from US Airways cards. I was just approved for new Aviator with a $17k credit line.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I have a Silver Aviator. Has anyone holding the Silver Aviator applied for the Red (again) to get the bonus, while still holding the Silver?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by txflyer77
I currently hold two open Aviators converted from US Airways cards. I was just approved for new Aviator with a $17k credit line.
I received the new card in the mail two days ago and after activating it received an email confirming the 50k bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.