US Bank Business Edge offer

Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
US Bank Business Edge offer

I got an invitation via snail mail saying I was prequalified for the US Bank business edge card.

The offer including a $500 credit if I spent $4500 within five months. I applied online last night using the invite code and got a response that my application was pending and would be approved or denied within 7 to 10 days. However the online application had no mention of the $500 bonus.

Has anyone else got this offer? We're you approved Immediately? What does prequalified mean if they don't go ahead and approve me?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

US Bank Edge manual approval

I applied for the US Bank Business Edge card a week ago and it said they would have to manually consider my application and would notify me via email. It has been a week already and no email. I also went to their site and clicked on the pending application section, entered my social, but it said they couldn't find any accounts open.

Has anyone else applied with US Bank and had it go to manual consideration? How long did it take to hear anything?

Should I call their customer service?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:49 am
Original Poster

So I did get approved and I did get the $500 credit.

Has anyone else gotten this deal? My wife got an offer letter for the same card with no interest for 15 mos but without the $500.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:21 pm

I just got a 50,000 point offer in the mail for this card, but can't find any specifics on what the points are worth. Can they be redeemed as a statement credit for a penny a point? Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:08 pm

Also curious about “Each card meeting the spend requirement will earn the cash back.” Makes it sound like au's will get the bonus if they meet the spend individually. Saw this possibility discussed on DOC, but not definitively decided.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:53 am

Question US Bank Business Edge Select Rewards Card 3X Categories

From their site:
https://www.usbank.com/small-busines...t-rewards.html

Earn three points per dollar on net purchases in one of three categories that you choose at time of application:1
  • Day-to-day expenses, such as shipping, advertising, utilities, office supplies, telecom and professional services.
  • Automotive, such as gas,4 service, tires, tolls, dealerships, car washes and repairs.
  • Travel and entertainment, such as airlines, auto rental, hotels, restaurants and travel agencies.

US Bank points are only worth 0.8 cents, but three of them are worth 2.4 cents and that's a good deal. These US bank categories are quite broad, but I can't find any information on their merchant classification. I am interested in the first category for shipping expenses. I spend about $500,000/year on postage through endicia.com. Does anyone have any experience with this card and Endicia? Does the first category cover endicia.com for shipping? Any insight at all into their merchant classification would be appreciated.

Last edited by philemer; May 20, 2017 at 9:16 pm Reason: add info
Old May 21, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jacob019
From their site:
https://www.usbank.com/small-busines...t-rewards.html

Earn three points per dollar on net purchases in one of three categories that you choose at time of application:1
  • Day-to-day expenses, such as shipping, advertising, utilities, office supplies, telecom and professional services.
  • Automotive, such as gas,4 service, tires, tolls, dealerships, car washes and repairs.
  • Travel and entertainment, such as airlines, auto rental, hotels, restaurants and travel agencies.

US Bank points are only worth 0.8 cents, but three of them are worth 2.4 cents and that's a good deal. These US bank categories are quite broad, but I can't find any information on their merchant classification. I am interested in the first category for shipping expenses. I spend about $500,000/year on postage through endicia.com. Does anyone have any experience with this card and Endicia? Does the first category cover endicia.com for shipping? Any insight at all into their merchant classification would be appreciated.
I just found this post on the Chase forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28331408-post277.html It says Endicia did not qualify for 3X.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:57 pm

just got offer in mail today for Business Edge Cash Rewards Elite Mastercard. The offer including a $500 credit if I spent $4500 within five months, 3% cb on cellular, gas, and office supplies, 1% on everything else and 25% bonus on your cash rewards at the end of the year. (Cash bonus limited to $250). So my Chase Ink beats it for cellular and office supplies. But its a nice cash bonus and an effective 3.75% on gas is very good. No AF either.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:50 pm

Looking like my best use of the 50k I got (well, expecting to post on next stmt) is booking a $450 airfare. No real way to get true 1% value on the points. Wonder why they even do the points version of the card. Anybody who got the 50k points version card end up product changing to the cash back card? I kind of like the categories and would keep this card around if I could get true 3% cash back vs 3x points.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Got $500 cash if spend $4500 in 5 months. Does US bank ask for documentation for the business?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Tinker25
Got $500 cash if spend $4500 in 5 months. Does US bank ask for documentation for the business?
No, they did not on mine.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
applied 8/15, pending review 7-10 days.

checked online status, only personal login, nothing, is there a place to check biz app status?
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:01 pm

I just got approved for the US Bank business cash world elite card. My first business card so I'm a bit paranoid on if it'll get closed down. Is it a bad to pay with my personal checking? Suprisingly enough, I accidentally applied twice, and got both approved, so they're sending me two cards... I wonder if I can get the 500 spending 4500 twice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.