Wiki Posts
Search

Best cash back small business card?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Best cash back small business card?

Hi everyone,

I need a new card for my business. I'm most interested in cash back. Used to have Chase Ultimate Rewards and found that it was too hard to make use of the points with my travel needs. I have two business cards with Capital One (Spark 2%) and a personal card (Venture 2%) with them, but my credit limits are maxed there so I can't really open a new card.

My FICO is 810-820. What other good options are there? I don't like cards with the spending categories because my business spending doesn't really fit them that well. I do a fair amount of air travel (maybe a trip every 2 months, sometimes more frequently) and eating out (especially while traveling), but the remaining recurring expenses are all over the map.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:42 pm

Fidelity has a 2% cash back card.

I find it hard to believe you have a FICO over 800 with two credit cards maxed out.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s4popo
Fidelity has a 2% cash back card.

I find it hard to believe you have a FICO over 800 with two credit cards maxed out.
The cards are not maxed out; they are paid off in full every month. My total credit limit with CapitalOne is maxed out. I have three cards with them:
  • Spark Business #1: credit limit $80k
  • Spark Business #2: credit limit $50k
  • Venture Personal #1: credit limit $20k

My personal account manager told me that CapOne won't issue more than $150k in total credit to one person, and their business cards are tied to me personally. That's how they do it.

Doesn't the Fidelity card require deposit in a Fidelity bank account? That won't work for me.

Last edited by EmailKid; Aug 23, 2016 at 5:16 pm Reason: Merge back to back posts
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
-The Citi Double Cashback is a 2% card across the board with no annual fee.
-SPG if you use Starwood hotels is a good value for redemption and for transfers to multiple airlines.
-Amex Blue Cash is good for dining out and some other categories which may appeal to your spending patterns. Currently there is a signup bonus of 200-350$ with this card.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
-The Citi Double Cashback is a 2% card across the board with no annual fee.
-SPG if you use Starwood hotels is a good value for redemption and for transfers to multiple airlines.
-Amex Blue Cash is good for dining out and some other categories which may appeal to your spending patterns. Currently there is a signup bonus of 200-350$ with this card.
Thanks. Can I apply for a consumer card like Citi Double Cashback even though this is a small business? I've always wondered that.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Most "Business" cards are not associated with the corporation but rather the individual/owner's credit profile much like your Capital One. So while this card would be used for business expenses they're tied to your personal credit. The upside to some business cards are the perks/bonuses and ease of accounting which can easily be done by yourself.

Some banks do have actual business cards such as the Amex Open Business cards.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Some banks do have actual business cards such as the Amex Open Business cards.
American Express Business cards are personally guaranteed and tied to personal credit. American Express Corporate cards are issued to the enterprise, and they are looking for $10 million annual revenue.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:45 pm

Spark max line

Spark lines go up to $1M. Your account manager misinformed you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.