Capital One Quicksilver Uber 20% replacement?

Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Capital One Quicksilver Uber 20% replacement?

The Capital One Quicksilver Uber 20% off promo ends in April. I've saved thousands of dollars with this promo. Does anyone know if Uber will be re-partnering with Capital one or a different card issuer?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
It's not a discount but Uber has an arrangement with Amex to give 2x MR points for registered cards. I've done quite well with this.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:52 am

Uber also has an agreement with Barclay to give 3X AA miles on Aviator cards. The promotion only lasts until 31 July 2016, though.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:52 am
rev

I hope they re-partner, but I doubt it. 20% is an insanely great discount for such a common expense. I'm going to miss all of those little green refunds all over my CapOne account.

Unless something better is announced, I'll probably switch to Citi ThankYou Premier for 3x, at least when Freedom doesn't have a 5% back on rotating categories for transportation. The partnership with SPG might be valuable to add on as well while the program is still alive.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:50 pm

i seriously doubt they'll repartner. They probably already got worth out of QS partnership and that marketing money is probably going to be spend with a different company now.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Maybe. At the same time this probably got C1 a bunch of customers from a segment they don't usually get so... Probably worth it.

I even opened up a 360 Savings account and put a large chunk of money in it. I probably would have never even considered them if not for the Uber promo.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by rev
I hope they re-partner, but I doubt it. 20% is an insanely great discount for such a common expense. I'm going to miss all of those little green refunds all over my CapOne account.
Yep I'll miss this one. I have been saving ~$160 every month because of it.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
How long does it take for the 20% credit to show up? I see one Uber charge that took five days for the 20% credit to show up. As for the rest of my Uber charges, it has been more than ten days and still no credit so far.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by happychic
How long does it take for the 20% credit to show up? I see one Uber charge that took five days for the 20% credit to show up. As for the rest of my Uber charges, it has been more than ten days and still no credit so far.
Looking at my account, it looks like they credit me every 7 days.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Last day
I think I was getting 20% off Uber eats too which was great..
With the 20% off I looked past surge pricing more than I normally would and took it on some long interstate rides in place of taking a train/public transport. Now I am going to have to think twice :/
Old May 5, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
If they reupped with uber for another year I would sign up now. RIP
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred; SPG Platinum
Looks like Capital One has partnered with Uber for a new promotion:

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/cash-back/uber/

Get every 10th ride free up to $15 with Quicksilver through March 2017.
Capital One and Uber have teamed up to help you get the most out of every ride. It's easyyou'll see your progress in your Uber app, your free rides will load automatically, and you can use them anytime you want through April 2017. Just add Quicksilver as your Uber payment method, and you're on your way to rewards!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yeah, I'm thinking about it... I mean if it were the 20% back one it'd be a no brainer to go for a quicksilver. This promo is less generous, yet better than nothing. I'm just thinking I can probably get a better bonus than what this card offers on something else.

Does the quicksilver allow you to change the photo on the card? I knew cap one did that kinda thing. Do they have photo restrictions?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by abracadaver

Capital One and Uber have teamed up to help you get the most out of every ride. It's easyyou'll see your progress in your Uber app, your free rides will load automatically, and you can use them anytime you want through April 2017. Just add Quicksilver as your Uber payment method, and you're on your way to rewards!
Not bad, but not nearly as good as 20%. though I suppose if you take a bunch of short trips, you can maximize the 10th one for a bigger ride.

I read somewhere that you can "hold" the 10th $15 free ride for when you want it. For example, if your 10th ride is $5, you can save the $15 credit until your next more expensive trip.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abracadaver

Thanks for posting. That will be a few free rides for me per month. Better than nothing! Anyone able to see where you can track progress? Trying to locate that...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.