Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital one attitude towards churners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

I froze my experian credit report and applied to venture one cap once card the but surprisingly got rejected. In the rejection letter it said

1. Based on your credit report from Equifax, too few or no revolving accounts have a balance
2. Based on your credit report from Trans Union, there are too many new revolving accounts

Stats
760 credit score, 2 business cap one cards, two recent applications in the last 4 months, and close to 6 figure income.

Did cap one started to target churners?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

without knowing how many open accounts you have total, how long youve had them, and the credit limits on them, it's hard to speculate.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat

Awesome. CapOne is not to fond of charmers, they are really more of a bottom feeder as they make more money off the lower tier credit customers.

Stick with the big four if you like churning.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:47 pm

Capital One closed my account for charging Visa Buxx cards and eventually blacklisted my name. When I apply for a new card they first approve the card, but then close it within few days. I hate them.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone for your answers. Groundhog, sorry about your experience with cap one.

Total 15 open account, 2 % utilization, average age 2 years. limits on cap one bs is 5k each. Highest limit-15k on amex.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref

Does income even figure into the acceptance or rejection since the can't validate your income prior to acceptance or rejection or can they?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

They definitely do not have access to your income so they just have to believe you. The most they can do is request a proof of income as additional information to process your application.

Last edited by gakgx6; Jan 2, 2016 at 6:17 pm
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:08 pm

There are many negatives of CapitalOne it seems. First they don't like churners and then they pull credit score from all three agencies.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I would imagine that churners aren't that interested in CapOne because they don't really have any cards worth churning, though perhaps my knowledge of their products is out of date.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txflyer77
I would imagine that churners aren't that interested in CapOne because they don't really have any cards worth churning, though perhaps my knowledge of their products is out of date.
Their bs card are not bad-spark miles and spark cash have 500$ cash bonus. Their personal venture one has 400$ cash bonus and at some point was even more.

In any case, I am done with them for personal accounts.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by gakgx6
Based on your credit report from Equifax, too few or no revolving accounts have a balance
No profit potential for Cap 1.

Based on your credit report from Trans Union, there are too many new revolving accounts
The following concludes your denial:

two recent applications in the last 4 months
You have to play smartly to churn.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:36 pm

Can you get cash or statement credit for any of the CapOne credit cards?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:12 am

Just applied for the Sparks biz card, got message below. Has anyone been approved following this message?

Thanks

"We attempt to provide an application decision in 60 seconds or less. On occasion, system availability affects our ability to make a credit decision or, in some cases, we need to collect additional information. Unfortunately, we need more time to look into this for you.

Keep an eye out for additional details regarding your application via email or mail within 7-10 business days.

Until we contact you, please do not submit another application."

I applied for Sparks personal card last year, closed account sep'15.
I have excellent credit. I just googled for a reconsideration phone number, but read that one should wait for an e mail decision from Capital One.

Last edited by wheelsup57; Jan 26, 2016 at 11:33 am
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by wheelsup57
Just applied for the Sparks biz card, got message below. Has anyone been approved following this message?

Thanks

"We attempt to provide an application decision in 60 seconds or less. On occasion, system availability affects our ability to make a credit decision or, in some cases, we need to collect additional information. Unfortunately, we need more time to look into this for you.

Keep an eye out for additional details regarding your application via email or mail within 7-10 business days.

Until we contact you, please do not submit another application."

I applied for Sparks personal card last year, closed account sep'15.
I have excellent credit. I just googled for a reconsideration phone number, but read that one should wait for an e mail decision from Capital One.
I recently tried the 2BM and applied for third Venture and a Spark Cash. Spark Cash was an instant approval for $15K. Received the above message for the Venture. The next day they pulled my credit again and about a week later I received the approval for the Venture with a $30K limit.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by David_
I recently tried the 2BM and applied for third Venture and a Spark Cash. Spark Cash was an instant approval for $15K. Received the above message for the Venture. The next day they pulled my credit again and about a week later I received the approval for the Venture with a $30K limit.
Thanks David, hopefully a similar outcome for me. Since posting I called an application assistance number that was mention in the Captail One consolidated thread 800 625 7866. They said I have to wait 7 to 10 biz days for decision. So it appears that unlike citi chase and some others, there is no speeding things up by calling in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.