Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Issued by Elan Financial Services. New account bonus, $100 for $1,000 spend within 90 days:

https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-visa-signature
Print Wikipost

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by zhanghuateng
Tried points transfer of 250 from new Fido Visa to my Amex Flexperks (49 AF) Travel and Visa Flexperks select (No AF), even put my flexperks rewards#; No go. Error message as:
"The entered account is not eligible for Points transfer"
Guess US bank is as cheap and vigilant as always.
I worked with someone who has an Elan Fidelity Visa and tried to do the same thing, transfer from their Fidelity to my FlexPerks Amex (with annual fee). It also didn't work.

The only possibility left is if it's only possible from Visa to Visa. I've heard before that it's not possible to transfer between Visa and Amex FlexPerks. I don't know. Hopefully it'll work, but I don't know.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:09 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Phantom707
I worked with someone who has an Elan Fidelity Visa and tried to do the same thing, transfer from their Fidelity to my FlexPerks Amex (with annual fee). It also didn't work.

The only possibility left is if it's only possible from Visa to Visa. I've heard before that it's not possible to transfer between Visa and Amex FlexPerks. I don't know. Hopefully it'll work, but I don't know.
In my post I tried 2 cards. 1 Amex 1 Visa. Neither of them worked.

UNLESS there is a fundamental difference in the points system between the AF version of Visa and No AF version.

Based on the usual behavioral pattern of USB, I think it is safe to say we can forget about the points transfer thing.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by zhanghuateng
In my post I tried 2 cards. 1 Amex 1 Visa. Neither of them worked.

UNLESS there is a fundamental difference in the points system between the AF version of Visa and No AF version.

Based on the usual behavioral pattern of USB, I think it is safe to say we can forget about the points transfer thing.
So what the heck are the points transferring to then if not for the Flexperks program? Either way when I receive the new Fidelity card, I just plan to deposit it into my Roth IRA.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by JuneBug30
Hoping it will be a Visa or MC.

I will not be sorry to see FIA go. Just had a fraud charge on the FIA Amex last week - a company in Brazil.

Hopefully Barclays/Capital One/Citi take this card over!!!
I also had a couple of fraudulent charges late Dec. In the US. All my other cards I can set up alerts for "no card present" transactions, and I will get an email immediately if there is a charge. Not with FIA card services. If I hadn't happened to check my credit card online that day I would not have caught the pending charges.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 9:42 am

For one's who have fidelity amex, when will we get the visa version?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
For one's who have fidelity amex, when will we get the visa version?
All the reps have told me around June.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:22 pm

I'm glad that the new card will support Apple Pay. The current Fidelity AMEX does not.

https://www.fidelity.com/about-fidel...signature-card
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
I just called and talked to two people at FIA about my Fidelity Investments Signature Visa (2% cash back after first 15K of spending).

I told them that I do not want to go along with the conversion to the US Bank card and that I'd rather just close the account. After a lengthy hold both times they came back and said that this card is NOT scheduled to convert to another card, and that while FIA did sell the AAA cards as a portfolio to US Bank, they did not do so with this Fidelity card, which goes against all the info I've read online.

So shucks... what is going on here? Do these two reps have the wrong info or has there been a change at Fidelity?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by tangfish
I just called and talked to two people at FIA about my Fidelity Investments Signature Visa (2% cash back after first 15K of spending).

I told them that I do not want to go along with the conversion to the US Bank card and that I'd rather just close the account. After a lengthy hold both times they came back and said that this card is NOT scheduled to convert to another card, and that while FIA did sell the AAA cards as a portfolio to US Bank, they did not do so with this Fidelity card, which goes against all the info I've read online.

So shucks... what is going on here? Do these two reps have the wrong info or has there been a change at Fidelity?
Understand that my experience with customer service has not been the most reliable, but I've been told the opposite, that my Fidelity Visa Signature will be transferred over to Elan/US Bank as well as my Fidelity Amex.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tangfish

You got bad info. If, for whatever reason, you really don't want the U.S. Bank conversion/transfer, call again to close the account.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:34 am

So we're getting closer to June when we were told the Fidelity Amex card would be replaced by the Fidelity visa card and holders of the Amex card would be converted to the visa card. All well and good. Just for the hell of it, I applied for the visa card even though I have the Amex card and gt one with a limited credit line. So nothing is urgent but I'm curious just what FIA will do to try to retain the current Amex card holders. This could go in one of two directions, well I guess three. One way it could go is bye bye; nice knowing you. Don't think that's going to happen so...does FIA now offer say the 1-2-3 visa card? Or does Amex offer say the blue card? Guess we'll know soon.
Old May 3, 2016, 1:50 pm

FYI, according to Fidelity's FAQ page and confirmed by the rep I asked, the cash back percentage will not change when existing cards are converted from FIA to Elan. If you have a 1.5% Visa now, it will still be a 1.5% Visa after the conversion.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
So we're getting closer to June when we were told the Fidelity Amex card would be replaced by the Fidelity visa card and holders of the Amex card would be converted to the visa card. All well and good. Just for the hell of it, I applied for the visa card even though I have the Amex card and gt one with a limited credit line. So nothing is urgent but I'm curious just what FIA will do to try to retain the current Amex card holders. This could go in one of two directions, well I guess three. One way it could go is bye bye; nice knowing you. Don't think that's going to happen so...does FIA now offer say the 1-2-3 visa card? Or does Amex offer say the blue card? Guess we'll know soon.
The conversion predictions reported here have been "July-ish", "June or July", and "around June". Given that I've yet to be officially informed that a change is coming, July seems more likely to me than June.

It's pretty clear that you will receive a replacement Visa unless you tell FIA goodbye, and it'll have basically the same terms (% back, AF, FTF?, credit limit) as the current Amex; I'd be surprised if FIA threw in other incentives.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
The conversion predictions reported here have been "July-ish", "June or July", and "around June". Given that I've yet to be officially informed that a change is coming, July seems more likely to me than June.

It's pretty clear that you will receive a replacement Visa unless you tell FIA goodbye, and it'll have basically the same terms (% back, AF, FTF?, credit limit) as the current Amex; I'd be surprised if FIA threw in other incentives.
It is clear you will get a replacement visa card from US Bank (Elan) with 2% cash back and a 1% ftf. As I said, I already have the card not as a replacement for my Fidelity Amex but as a new account. The Fidelity Amex is still open and what I presume will happen is I will receive, when the time comes, a replacement visa card and a notice the Amex card will become deactivated as of say a month later. No problems there. What is unclear is whether FIA will offer any incentives to keep one of their or BankAmerica's (same thing I know) as?)
Old May 5, 2016, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by tvholic
FYI, according to Fidelity's FAQ page and confirmed by the rep I asked, the cash back percentage will not change when existing cards are converted from FIA to Elan. If you have a 1.5% Visa now, it will still be a 1.5% Visa after the conversion.
That seems bogus. I read the FAQ, and it seems to say that: "Your cash back percentage will be the same as it is today. Your new credit card will feature a wide range of great benefits: digital wallet; dedicated US based customer services; enhanced security features; and worldwide acceptance with Visa."

Since new applicants to the Elan-issued Fidelity card all get 2%, why would they keep a grandfathered tier of customers at 1.5%?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.