Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Issued by Elan Financial Services. New account bonus, $100 for $1,000 spend within 90 days:

https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-visa-signature
Print Wikipost

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
christ I hope not!
At least their website is better than FIA's.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DrForce
At least their website is better than FIA's.
I've never understood why people hate FIA's so much. Its simple and dumb, works on all browsers, and there aren't 5000 ads and links to wade through. You login, your accounts are in front of your face, and then that's it.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL PM, BA Gold, UA Gold, Bonvoy LT PLT
Looks like this article was just published by The Boston Globe:

"Fidelity, American Express are parting ways"
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TWAforever
Looks like this article was just published by The Boston Globe:

"Fidelity, American Express are parting ways"
2% cash back at Costco at least*, so there's that. I can't comment on US Bank in particular though since I've never had a card with them.

* Assuming they aren't exempted, of course.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: Skypass, Delta, AA, US Air, Marriott, SPG
New Fidelity 2% cash back card coming January 4

What would happen to those who already have former Fidelity Rewards Visa credit card through FIA? Wonder if they will be replaced with another Visa card thru US Bank? For those with both Fidelity Visa and Amex via FIA, does that mean you will end up with 2 Visa cards??
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott
According to Fidelity.com, the new Visa card will be a no annual fee, 2% cash back card, with a 1% foreign transaction fee.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by bawr
According to Fidelity.com, the new Visa card will be a no annual fee, 2% cash back card, with a 1% foreign transaction fee.
and issued by Elan. I'm probably canceling.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by NYCRuss
and issued by Elan. I'm probably canceling.
And Elan seems to be a part of US Bank:
https://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/com...svcs/index.cfm

Still leaning towards canceling.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Guess I'll have to find a new card for Serve loads and backup Amex offers. May not really be worth it for the hassle as it seems most of the good offers are targeted to Amex issued cards.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Ugh. Not a fan of US Bank.

Probably cancelling this soon. Sucks.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:01 am
In memoriam

Been trying to log on to my US Bank account for several days. Just getting a system not available due to security message.

Don' think I want another USB account.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:02 am

Amex FIA still allows to redeem for cash on a 1:1 ratio ($50 spend = 100 points = $1 back) provided you have 25000 or more points in your account. I do it all the time, and I NEVER had a fidelity checking/retirement account even though I had FIA Amex for 8 years now. Hope USBank will continue that. Just do not want to deal with another account to get the cash in my hand.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:06 am

i can't login to fiacrdservices,com now, anyone knows where you can login to see the transaction? this is really a bad timing, especially after many fia amx holder hit by the fraudulent charges(including me) recently.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:05 am

Now available to apply on Fidelity web site. It is Elan apparently a subsidiary of US Bank. Basically has same rewards programme as Amex card issued by FIA; no annual fee, 2% cash back into Fidelity account (this may be a change), unfortunately carrying forward the 1% ftf (ugh). Makes a point about using emv chip technology although it is probably not going to be chip and pin but rather as with 99.9% of US emv compliant cards, signature preferred. No indication whether there will be offline pin back up a la Barclay's Bank for those seeming few in number of kiosks not in compliance with new regulations regarding refusal to honor emv compliant cards lacking offline pins.

Apparently according to the news articles, holders of the current Fidelity Amex Rewards cards will sometime in the next 6 months get the new visa card as a replacement.

A couple of interesting questions still to be resolved. What will be Amex's counter move? Will current holders of the card through FIA be offered another product from FIA (which could be the Bank of America 3-2-1 card which is what happened when Schwab abandoned its 2% card. Schwab card had no ftf so those who took this offer were grandfathered in with no ftf which has held up although I always expected it at some point to be dropped in favor of the usual obnoxeous BofA 3% ftf. That meant in effect for foreign purchases I only got the 1% from the grandfathered 3-2-1 card; same as the Fidelity Rewards card with 2% cash back but 1% ftf). And does Amex now make some sort of offer to the Fidelity Cash Rewards cardholders with some sort of half decent rewards programme or just offers a vanilla Amex card (the blue card comes to mind).

Will be interesting to see.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
And does Amex now make some sort of offer to the Fidelity Cash Rewards cardholders with some sort of half decent rewards programme or just offers a vanilla Amex card (the blue card comes to mind).
It's not issued by AMEX, so almost certainly not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.