Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Ship new credit cards to different address?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ship new credit cards to different address?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:10 pm

Why not use a friend or family member house as the mailing address, give them envelopes and postage for forwarding.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Why not use a friend or family member house as the mailing address, give them envelopes and postage for forwarding.
Why not skip having a friend or family member forward it and just have the credit card company send you it directly? You basically asked why not have A send to B to send to C. The answer is because you can sometimes skip B entirely.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: TK E+
I was in a similar situation, had the first card sent as usual and then called in a couple weeks later to request that they send a replacement (despite me never activating the first one) to an alternate address. The only caveat was that the alternate address started showing up on my credit reports, and in security questions (like "which of the following addresses have you live in?")
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
So to resurrect this topic, are there any US credit card issuers other than Chase and Amex who are willing to ship new cards to foreign addresses?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:05 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Anyone know if US bank can send it abroad?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:05 am

Anyone tried asking Bank of America to ship their first Credit card to an alternative address (domestic or overseas)? If this is allowed is there is frozen (cooling) period whereby one has to wait before requesting a replacement card to be sent elsewhere?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rownada
Anyone tried asking Bank of America to ship their first Credit card to an alternative address (domestic or overseas)? If this is allowed is there is frozen (cooling) period whereby one has to wait before requesting a replacement card to be sent elsewhere?
I would think it depend a lot on whether that alternative address is already showing in your credit report as one of your addresses. If so, you could just apply saying that's your address (though that might only work for domestic, not overseas), as long as it doesn't look like a box number, and as long as it's not just a one-time address (but is the address where also want your statements sent).

My mailing address, which is a UPS Store mailbox (which that UPS Store calls a "suite" number), is what I give as "my" address every time I apply for a credit card, whether from a bank I've used before or not. (I never give my actual physical address on any credit card app any more.) But since i use it regularly, it appears in my credit report.

There are forwarding businesses in the USA which act as mail drops for people who do contract work (each contract in a different city), two months here, one month there, three months way over there, etc, and want their bills sent to a consistent location even though they don't "live" anywhere consistently.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:57 am

To complete the record, BoA can send replacement card (without activating the first one first) to domestic address.

Now anyone tried the same (successfully request new card to be sent to another address overseas or domestic without activating the first one) with US Bank, Barclays or Citi?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.