Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Double Rewards on Discover it For 12 Months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Just going to copy and paste from my blog since I'm being lazy.

Quick note: This information is coming from front line customer service representatives. They often have partially incorrect information. I've reached out to Discover's media team to confirm this information, but I believe it to be correct at the time of writing due to the sheer number of different CSR that have confirmed. There seems to be some conflicting information on whether the 5% categories will also be doubled or not.

Starting June 1st, Discover will be offering one of the most generous promotions I've ever seen. They will be offering double cash back on all purchases for the Discover it, let that sink in for a moment. This means you'll earn at the following rates:
  • 10% cash back on rotating categories
  • 2% cash back on all purchases
  • Double cash back on all ShopDiscover purchases

This promotion will be open to all cardholders and sign ups will start June 1st. The double cash back won't kick in until your statement closes after you've registered (e.g if you're statement closes on June 15th, then you will start earning double cash back on June 16th onwards). Keep in mind Discover let's you change the date that your statement closes, so you could change it to close on June 2nd for example. Personally I'd recommend waiting to enroll before changing your statement close date.

Your double cash back will be received at the end of the promotional period (e.g it will show on your 13th billing statement after registration) and you need to enroll by July 31st, 2015. It's a shame this promotion doesn't apply to the Discover it Miles card, 6% cash back everywhere would have been a nice promotion.
You can read my full thoughts on this promo here.

This post contains a link to my blog, I've listed all the necessary info as per FT rules.
Old May 31, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yeah, somethings not right here. No way discover can afford to pass out that kind of rewards for a year and still have no annual fee.

2% I can believe on every day spend. I find 10% back hard to believe despite the limits. And for shopdiscover, yeah, well they'll have a problem with resellers. yikes.

Its not like they've had blowout year or anything. This would easily cost them hundred of millions over the course of a year.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Promotion live, includes 5% categories not sure on Discover Deals but I doubt it as the promo looks the same as Discover it Miles and that isn't included. Call 800-347-3085 to enroll, keep in mind you won't receive the double rewards till your 13th statement and you won't start receiving double rewards until your current statement closes.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for posting.^ It is a good retention deal as you have to stay and use Discover for at least 13 months to receive rewards.

Your double cash back will be received at the end of the promotional period
One thing bothers me: there is no online signup (phone only) and no email confirmation. How do I make sure that I have successfully signed up?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yeah, I guess I eat my words, interesting promo...
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
So... 10% cash back on the bonus categories?

That's nuts.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
So... 10% cash back on the bonus categories?

That's nuts.
You only receive it after 13 months. It is a retention strategy.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I signed up earlier, the CSR mentioned that they'd been swamped with calls to sign up. I did ask about some kind of confirmation by email or a letter, but she said neither is an option.

I guess we'll find out in 13 months.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
10% back on rotating categories? I will have to convert my regular Discover card to the IT card. Too good to pass up. Can stock up on GC's at HI stores next quarter
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:14 am

assuming this works for discover deals, what the best way to benefit from the 10% back at sears?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:58 am

Any final word on whether portal cash back (Discover Deals) will be doubled?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:01 am

This is a good one. I tried to PM Aloha about this; poor devil's inbox is full! I laughed out loud about the post about all the applications they are getting.....
Old Jun 9, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt
I sent a SM asking to be enrolled and received this message just a few minutes later!

Thank you for your message regarding your Discover account. I understand your interest in the Double Cashback Bonus promotion, and I am happy to assist you today!

We can certainly activate this promotion on your account today! As requested, I have signed you up for this promotion. Here are the terms of this offer:

After the first twelve consecutive billing cycles that you are enrolled, we will double all the Cashback rewards you have earned and apply them to your account in the next billing cycle. Enrollment into this promotion will not be finalized until your next billing cycle; any spend you make from today until your next billing cycle will not be eligible for this double Cashback Bonus promotion. You earn rewards on purchases you make that have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing cycle. You will not receive Double Cashback Bonus if your account is closed or no longer in the Cashback rewards program as of the award date.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns about your account.

I appreciate your business and the time you have taken to contact me today.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 6:29 pm

Hey guys, does anyone know how to copy the referral link?

Many people are copy/pasting their referral links on some websites. I know how to send emails to friends but I'm not sure how to copy the link.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by FTaddict
Hey guys, does anyone know how to copy the referral link?

Many people are copy/pasting their referral links on some websites. I know how to send emails to friends but I'm not sure how to copy the link.
Use the twitter option and it will give you the link plus some other stuff. Copy the link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.