Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Double Rewards on Discover it For 12 Months

Double Rewards on Discover it For 12 Months

Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
So... 10% cash back on the bonus categories?

That's nuts.
How about 20% cash back on certain portal offers?

That's nuts and where the big value potentially lies....
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:48 pm

So I tried to sign up for the double cash back promotion today and was told it was only for new applications. I plan to call again tomorrow, but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I wonder if Discover decided to change the rules after so many people signed up.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:57 pm

There is a recent post by Frequentmiler stating that they just switched to new applicants only. On a different note, I guess this is only for Discover it, not miles card?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:13 pm

Well I'm kicking myself now for not enrolling right away. Here I was trying to get the double cash back to extend into the 3rd quarter of next year by waiting. Lesson learned, I guess.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Yep and oops I waited too long to convert. So I guess a new card app is in order.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
How about 20% cash back on certain portal offers?

That's nuts and where the big value potentially lies....
Macy's has 10% cash back through discover deals and is on the 5% quarter for department stores next quarter. That's 30% cash back for your first $1500 in purchases.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Falimz
Macy's has 10% cash back through discover deals and is on the 5% quarter for department stores next quarter. That's 30% cash back for your first $1500 in purchases.
To scale that without buying merchandise, you need to have portal rewards for gift card sales. Sadly, I don't see any way to do that and most of us don't want to buy stuff at Macy's unless we would buy something there anyway.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:17 pm

Called discover and even if you have a non-IT card you are NOT eligible for the promo by converting to IT anymore. Was offered $20 cashback credit as a thank you for being a cardmember nearly 15 years. Card will go back to sitting in its box where it belongs until being used for unbonused online Q4 spending.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:36 pm

Yup they gave me the $20 credit too. I'm planning to use the Q3 bonus at home depot next month to buy a door. the $20 bonus will put me at about $5 shy of what I would have gotten if they had given me the double cashback so I'm ok with it but the card will go back in the drawer after that.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:42 pm

Does anyone know if the Simon Mall GC purchase codes as a department store purchase and eligible for the current quarter's 5% bonus?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Flyby01
Does anyone know if the Simon Mall GC purchase codes as a department store purchase and eligible for the current quarter's 5% bonus?
No. They are not department stores. My local Simon codes as MISC & SPECIALTY RETAIL SHOPS on Discover.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
What are the MS options?

Ok, I've got no plans for Department store purchases.. so what are the MS options here?

Does purchasing Sears GC online count for the bonus for a triple/quadruple dip opportunity? (I remember in the past they were coded as Kmart).

I hear alot about HI stores... never bought there. Do they have sell cheap VGCs or something? Same opportunities to buy GC with a GC at HI stores?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:17 pm

Some B&M Sears stores carry VGCs. With $150 in potential cash rewards each this quarter and next, that more than covers the cost of 8 $200 GCs @ $55.60.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:06 am

So is double cash back bonus still around and does it require a separate sign up? I thought it was automatic but now I'm not so sure.

Also does anyone know offhand if discover lets you move available credit? The limit on my new card is low compared to my old one...

*edit*

Well rereading Discover's site, it certainly seems automatic for new cards.

Last edited by trouble747; Sep 23, 2015 at 8:17 am
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by trouble747
So is double cash back bonus still around and does it require a separate sign up? I thought it was automatic but now I'm not so sure.

Also does anyone know offhand if discover lets you move available credit? The limit on my new card is low compared to my old one...

*edit*

Well rereading Discover's site, it certainly seems automatic for new cards.
Yes you can request it to be moved, minimum you need to leave on your other card is $500 C/L.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.