Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Dollar Dig Offering $20 Per Approved Credit Card Application

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Not sure where to put this, so feel free to move or remove as appropiate. Dollar Dig is offering $20 when you're approved for any credit card on Creditcards.com.

Obviously some of their offers aren't the highest available, but some of them are so a nice little $20 extra bonus. Kind of surprised they are allowed to do this, but whatever!

https://www.dollardig.com/retailer/CreditCards-com
Old May 22, 2015, 11:40 am

My question is what happens when you're not approved right away. I'm planning on applying for a card that I may not get auto-approved for, but I'd still like to get this $20 bonus.
Old May 22, 2015, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Deal has now expired, Richard from Dollar Dig said if you were approved you'll still receive your $20. Not sure about what happens if you were not approved instantly, but send a message through your account and he'll let you know.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:28 pm

This is much better deal than the Walmart in store (2 litter Pepsi) bonus offer for Walmart credit card.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
This is much better deal than the Walmart in store (2 litter Pepsi) bonus offer for Walmart credit card.
I think you missed the part where this is on top of the regular bonus...Deal is dead now anyway, nice while it lasted.
Old May 23, 2015, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
I think you missed the part where this is on top of the regular bonus...Deal is dead now anyway, nice while it lasted.
There was another bonus on top of the $20 bonus? What was that one?
Old May 23, 2015, 1:36 am
Original Poster

There was another bonus on top of the $20 bonus? What was that one?
It was on top of any bonus on any card that can be found on creditcards.com, so basically any public bonus that has affiliate links.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
It was on top of any bonus on any card that can be found on creditcards.com, so basically any public bonus that has affiliate links.
Again, What was it? Anyway,leave it.
Old May 23, 2015, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Again, What was it?
Have you never looked at credit card offers? The "other" bonus was different for each card. Many card offers have a bonus for signing up for the card (and often making some minimum purchases). He's simply saying that the $20 off was on top of whatever bonus the card application offer had (if any). So if you were able to apply for a card that gave you 10000 bonus points (in whatever program) for signup (plus $x minimum purchases), then you got the $20 on top of the 10000 bonus points.

The card application offer comes from the bank. Only the $20 offer came from the Dollar Dig site. One bonus was on top of another simply because each bonus was offered by a different company, and neither company knew about the other's bonus.

It's like using a cashback card at a store that has coupons. The cashback card doesn't know there's a coupon, and the coupon doesn't know you're using a cashback card. So you get the savings of both the coupon at the store and cashback card on your card account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.