Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Current welcome offer is 50,000 30,000 Crystal points with $5,000 $3,000 spending in the first 90 days. First annual fee not waived. (as of telephone call with bank employee 8/7/2019)

Past bonuses were:

***** #1502 - signup bonus 1/16/18 BUT ANNUAL FEE NOT WAIVED ******

100,000 points after spending $5,000 in first three months. Offer expires 30 December 2015. EXPIRED

A 70,000 points offer was offered back in March 2017 and expired March 31st, 2017. EXPIRED

The requirements for the application process varies from bank to bank based on various online data points collected from FlyerTalk, Doctor of Credit, etc.

Some banks require that you go into a branch and apply personally. Other banks want you to have another account open for 90 days before you can get this card. Some banks (if you already have a relationship with them) let you apply via mail. Sometimes you have to be a resident of the state they operate in, while some were able to get the card without living in those states. It is very much YMMV. You will need proof of income (W2, check stubs, etc). The only states City National Bank operates in are: NY, DE (only trust office, no go), DC, GA, TN, MN, NV & CA. The bank is looking for high net worth individuals, but that's not exactly consistent either.

The card has no foreign transactions fees and is fee-free the first year, then $400 annually.

Register your card for online access (cno.cnb.com). This changed on Sept 19 2019.
Register separately for the award page (www.cnbrewards.com).
Register for Visa Infinite info and access at https://myvisainfinite.com/cnb/en_us/home.html
Click "my info" to see details on points awarded.
Best* redemption found to date is $1,000 prepaid visa for 105K pts. It's now 125K pts for a $1,000 prepaid visa. Link to catalog
*(other than spending for flights etc. & getting 1.2 cents each in value)

To set-up spending alerts, create an account here : http://citynationalbank.digitalcardservice.com

Point redemptions for flights have been reported as being as high as 1.35cpp (see here) by calling the Concierge service at +1 800 595 8950 and having them book direct from airline website for you

Significant benefits:

$250 per calendar year airline incidental credit - works on AU card as well - STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 THE CREDIT WILL BE $350 PER ACCOUNT
$100 Global Entry fee credit - works on AU card as well Per DDResq post 842
Priority Pass lounge membership for up to 2 people. No fee for any number of guests, but lounge policy may limit the number of guests admitted.- STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 EACH ADDITIONAL GUEST BEYOND ACCOUNT HOLDER WILL BE CHARGED $32
12 GoGo inflight passes - create an account at myvisainfinite.com/cnb. Once the account is created, you enter, then search for GoGo passes. You then input your card number again, create a GoGo account if you don't have one, and the 12 passes post to it ready to be used when you fly again on a participating airline. - works on AU card as well
$100 off when you book a qualifying airline itinerary via visa discount air portal (https://www.visadiscountair.com/CNB/default.aspx - STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 THIS WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERED AS A BENEFIT
$30 off GroundLink car service (works with AU cards as well) plus instant 15% off rides. There are $25 current user referrals to go for first.

Airline fees are reimbursed up to $250 per calendar year. Fees must be from domestic carriers. There is no need to declare a carrier, and fees can be reimbursed from multiple carriers. Partial Ts and Cs:

Qualifying Airline Purchases are defined as incidental airline fee transactions made at eligible US Domestic Airline Carriers and include: ticket change/cancellation fees, checked baggage fees, inflight entertainment, onboard food and beverage charges, airport lounge membership fees and day passes, onboard wireless charges (excluding Gogo Wireless), and TSA Pre✓® membership application fee.

What works
AA: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees ($150)
AA: e-Gift cards $250 including AUs (1x per card max 4)
AS: Award ticket fees, $16
AS: In flight food, entertainment.
AS: Premium Class Upgrade, $59

HA: Interisland Flight, $48.80
UA: award ticket fees, $51
WN: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees (limit unknown, but it's between $75 and $80 per transaction), Early Bird boarding fees ($15)
DL: Baggage fees
B6: $53.30 airfare

What doesn't work
AS: Award ticket fees, $130ish
DL: GC; PGGM (reports of not working since April/2016)
DL: Just about anything. Don't use on Delta
UA: MPX, Award Fees (~$170)
UA: Gift card registry (up to $75) (No longer working as of 11/25/17)
UA: Seat Selection Fee
WN: GC
EY: Award Fees
TW: Change fee
UO: Seat fee
AA: Award Fees/Taxes on an itinerary originating outside the US.

To Be Confirmed
UA: Award Redeposit Fees ($200)

Global Entry reimbursements: (works on AU also)

user - mnsweeps ( https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29336509-post1549.html )

Used mine and a AU card to register for GE for in laws
01/17/201801/18/2018USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER$100.00
01/17/201801/18/2018USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER$100.00

Credit posted today for both cards.
01/20/201801/24/2018GLOBAL ENTRY STMT CREDIT $100.00
01/20/201801/24/2018GLOBAL ENTRY STMT CREDIT $100.00

In 2016, 2017 AND 2018 airline incidental credits for transactions on-or-after January 1st did not start posting until the third week of January. In 2019 they started posting on Jan 11th.

For further information, see this

STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 there are going to be major changes to this card, these being:[/s]
  • $350 airline incidental credit per account (was $250 per AU)
    • $95 Annual Fee per AU
      • $32 per guest using PriorityPass (used to be free & unlimited)
        • Elimination of $100 Visa Air Discount Benefit
          • Groceries and Gas only earn 1x (used to be 3x)

Sources:

discussion starting here

https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...ewards2020.pdf
https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...rystal2020.pdf

Print Wikipost

City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Agreed. That and the fact that nobody really knows what counts as an airline credit or what the point redemptions are valued at make this a no-go for many, including me.
Rewards catalog shows $1000 visa gift card for 105,000 points. It would be nice to know if airline gift cards work though.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by bamacbat
Rewards catalog shows $1000 visa gift card for 105,000 points. It would be nice to know if airline gift cards work though.
Any link for the reward catalog ? I'd like to search all info for this ? Really thinking about it. 1000 visa is a no brainier for me
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
submitted my paperwork in person yesterday afternoon.
A relationship banker called me this afternoon to let me know of my approval.
20K line.
Applied for around 15 cards this year already.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
20K line.
Let us know if they honor the signup bonus. Looks like the link from yesterday got updated to indicate that they might not.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by tmiw
Let us know if they honor the signup bonus. Looks like the link from yesterday got updated to indicate that they might not.
I dont see why not. The relationship banker even emailed me a copy of the promotion. She even acknowledged me about the promotion yesterday.

Where is the updated link?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I dont see why not. The relationship banker even emailed me a copy of the promotion. She even acknowledged me about the promotion yesterday.

Where is the updated link?
Same link (http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...infinite-100k/) but there's now this at the top:

Update: We have heard that this offer may not be honored by the bank. At this time we recommend holding off on applying until we learn more.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Same link (http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...infinite-100k/) but there's now this at the top:
Confirmed with the bank again via email. 100K points for 5K spend in 90 days.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:27 pm

I am in the bay area and went in office to apply yesterday. I am told this morning that I am approved for the card as well. Hope no surprises down the road... I went to Rene's post(deltapoints) and it seems that they pulled the offer for states that does not have city national bank...
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:49 pm

20K line.
Congrats on the approval! People have mentioned before that this card is primarily for high-value customers, which was one of my biggest hang-ups in applying. I'll be interested to see if we get many approval reports from people who may not have a six-figure income.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:48 am

Programs: AA UA CO USair
Has anyone outside of NY, DE, GA, TN, NV and CA tried to fax or email an application for City National and been approved?

It has been posted on Doctor of Credit that people have been approved by email/fax, even though they did not live in the above states. As always YMMV

Last edited by AAsuited; Oct 3, 2015 at 12:49 am Reason: error
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:43 pm

Which credit bureau did they pull from?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Nick92
I mean as far as the other issuers getting access to offer Infinite. Chase Freedom Visa Infinite? Chase Sapphire Visa Infinite? These are the type of cards that will flood the market ;]

I heard that SunTrust is coming soon for Visa Infinite.
Capital One and UBS is coming late next year.

Originally Posted by michael_v
Which credit bureau did they pull from?
i got an alert from experian.
not sure about others yet.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Oct 13, 2015 at 8:55 am Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:47 pm
Community Director Emerita

Would those who have gotten the card report back on whether they have successfully gotten the air credit? Also, how do you actually use the 100,000 points? I am naive about this. Do you charge a hotel stay or airfare to the card and then use the points to pay?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Hookm36
Any link for the reward catalog ?
http://www.cnbrewards.com/general_home.asp
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:42 pm

Statement credits don't appear to be an option. Best you can get is the $1,000 prepaid visa for 105K pts. The $500 one is 55K pts, or a 10% upcharge compared to 1cpp.

The travel rewards are only through their captive portal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.