UFB Debit Card

Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

UFB Debit Card

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to discuss this. The parent forum's name includes debit cards, but this is specifically about "Credit Card Programs". The UFB debit card earns airline miles though -- so this seems like the best spot for it? Mods, please feel free to move if this should be discussed elsewhere.

Basically, my question is, has anyone had any success in getting them to increase the $1500 daily limit? I'd like to use the card to pay my rent (through RadPad). A fee-free rent payment earning 0.5x miles seems like a better deal than using a CC and getting 1x or 1.5x miles but paying a 3% fee.

The problem is that my rent is way more than $1500 (like, more than double). I am happy to direct deposit my full pay with them and basically use them as my primary checking account if that will help my case at all.

I will be doing some MS through this card (eg, loading things that can only be loaded with debit cards) but I figure that having some "real spend" on there as well will make it look more like normal usage.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Could you pay the rent as half one day and the rest the next?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Could you pay the rent as half one day and the rest the next?
It's more than double. That would be 3 payments (ie, 3 checks arriving on subsequent days), which would probably annoy my landlord, which I'd rather not do.

I could also see if RadPad can split the charge over multiple days (but still send a single check) but I doubt it.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Seems like a lot of work for not many miles.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Seems like a lot of work for not many miles.
Setting up a recurring payment and then forgetting about it to get > 1600 miles a month?

Compare to people loading Serve from their linked CCs 5x per month for 1k miles a month.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:26 pm

There is NO WAY I want eyes on my UFB account.

Therefore: There is NO WAY I would ask for any change at all that requires a human intervention.

I can't believe how people abuse these accounts on the deposit side.

Losing this bad boy would be seriously bad.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer

Therefore: There is NO WAY I would ask for any change at all that requires a human intervention.

My account is new; they can look all they want.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the deposit side".
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer

The above is proper advise; I had a friend who had his UFB account closed because he called and asked them some questions.

With the above said, there is a separate flyertalk thread on UFB limits somewhere where someone was able to pull off increasing to $2k per load. I have called and they said you can increase the $1,500 to $2,000 but you need to park at lest $10K+ in the UFB account for a year or more. It's not worth it to me.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:41 pm

There is already an existing thread that's been around for over 10 years:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fer-legit.html

Use Google before starting new threads on UFB.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.