Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Planning credit pulls with different bureaus - how to tell if I did it right

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

If I apply for 2 cards from different banks on the same day, with the intention of having each pull my credit from different bureaus, is there a way to find out if I was successful in my planning? Will they tell me afterwards which bureau was queried?

I'm asking because sites like creditboards have user data on these matters, and I am wondering how I can find out for myself if my research was accurate.

Thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:24 am
In memoriam

Dear OP,

1. Why do you care?
Unless your situation is very, very unusual, IMHO this isn't even worth thinking about. I know that there is lots of stuff on the web about how to manipulate pulls and why it matters. But, mostly, it doesn't. I've gotten and helped others to get many hundreds of bonus cards. Never worried about who was pulling from where, never had much problem getting cards.

2. If you really, really want to know what bureau was pulled by which card company get a copy of your report from the three bureaus. Every pull is listed by creditor on the report from the pulled bureau.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:51 am

You could freeze them all and then unfreeze the one they ask for. Or creditkarma will give you an alert if TU or EQ are pulled. If you don't get an alert within a day or two, it was EX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.