Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways CC & AA Credit Card Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:44 am
Original Poster

US Airways CC & AA Credit Card Question

I got in the mail yesterday that in 2015 my US airway CC will become an AA credit Card. If I have a US Airways CC and it converts to AA can I still apply to AA credit card in the future? or no because I already have one?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by yolie
I got in the mail yesterday that in 2015 my US airway CC will become an AA credit Card. If I have a US Airways CC and it converts to AA can I still apply to AA credit card in the future? or no because I already have one?
We have yet to really know this, but since these are from different banks, I'm pretty sure there will be no problem. Citibank certainly lets people have multiple AA cards from them, so it's unlikely they'll be unhappy with your having an AA card from a different bank.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks!! =)
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:58 am

Canceling Barclay US Airways

I have Barclay US airways for about 4 months now. I got an email that they are moving to a new card and will mail me a new one in April. I am thinking of cancel my old US airways card so that I am not automatically enrolled in the new card. My thinking is, in case the new card has a nice bonus too, I can apply for the new card later on in the future (but it'll be a long time before I decide to do that) as a new customer.

My questions are, if I cancel my current US airways card:

1. Will I lose my bonus that I received? I have not used it yet. I am waiting to merge with AA.
2. Will I also lose the companion ticket? I have not used that either.

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by flybie
I have Barclay US airways for about 4 months now. I got an email that they are moving to a new card and will mail me a new one in April. I am thinking of cancel my old US airways card so that I am not automatically enrolled in the new card. My thinking is, in case the new card has a nice bonus too, I can apply for the new card later on in the future (but it'll be a long time before I decide to do that) as a new customer.

1. Will I lose my bonus that I received? I have not used it yet. I am waiting to merge with AA.

Thanks
You won't be able to apply for the new Barclays AA card. Barclays can continue to service existing US Air cards that become AA cards, but only Citi can issue new AA cards.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:44 am

I am thinking the same thing. If I stay on board my current Barclays MC card will roll-over to the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red Card.

If I cancel it now, will I be able to apply (and get a sign-up bonus) for opening up a new Citi AAdvantage MasterCard?

Interesting link on subject:
http://milecards.com/1588418655/aadv...ver-blue-faqs/
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tailgater
I am thinking the same thing. If I stay on board my current Barclays MC card will roll-over to the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red Card.

If I cancel it now, will I be able to apply (and get a sign-up bonus) for opening up a new Citi AAdvantage MasterCard?

The 2 are independent. You can apply for a citi card now
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Originally Posted by Tailgater

The Citi card is issued by Citi, so having the Barclaycard US/AA would have no impact on the Citi AA cards. It's not a "one or the other" sort of thing.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:38 am

Still no one can provide me answers to my questions about the bonus and the companion ticket.

Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Still no one can provide me answers to my questions about the bonus and the companion ticket.

Because your answers are everywhere. No. No.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:42 pm

1. The miles are safe.

2. If you are talking about the two $99 companion tickets they have to paid for with the USair credit card and flown on US metal.

If you haven't booked the companion tickets yet you won't be able to do so if you cancel the USAIR card. If you have booked the tickets you SHOULD be ok but you will not get free bags for the everyone booked in that reservation............up to 4 people I believe

The miles are safe
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:47 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
I also had a small query and I am sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.. I have an Barclays US Air card, and I am wondering, once the accounts get merged, will I still get the 10k bonus on my US Air card, once I have completed one year..
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Husband received letter from Barclays at end of March that US Airways dividend miles MasterCard account anniversary is coming up (end of April) for annual fee renewal.

My question is since this card is now becoming AA Aviator is there an annual fee attached to it?
He also has the Citi AA card so we don't want to have both.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
Husband received letter from Barclays at end of March that US Airways dividend miles MasterCard account anniversary is coming up (end of April) for annual fee renewal.

My question is since this card is now becoming AA Aviator is there an annual fee attached to it?
He also has the Citi AA card so we don't want to have both.
Yes, Barclays still has an annual fee attached to it even though it's becoming an AA Aviator card. Try and call retention to see if they will waive the fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.