Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

is there a service that makes automatic deposits into a checking account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus

Guys,
citizens bank requires one transaction a month otherwise there is a fee. I don't use the account but I would like to keep it. Is there any way to make an automatic deposit into a bank account, let's say on the 1st of each month.

Amazon payments can make automatic withdrawal but not deposits...
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
Originally Posted by mrxmry
Guys,
citizens bank requires one transaction a month otherwise there is a fee. I don't use the account but I would like to keep it. Is there any way to make an automatic deposit into a bank account, let's say on the 1st of each month.

Amazon payments can make automatic withdrawal but not deposits...
Free billpay at one of your other banks, perhaps?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Create 2 accounts and do automatic transfer from one account to the other (and back) every month?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:39 pm

What's wrong w/ automated withdrawals? That's still a transaction, right? Just load it up w/ $100 and withdraw a dollar each month and you'll be good for 8 years.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:01 am

I've got the same situation at one of my banks. I set up an automated scheduled transfer on the first of every month from one of my accounts at that bank to the other, and another transfer back to the first account a few days later.

I get the feeling that eventually they'll see what's going on, and try to charge the fee anyway. If that ever happens, I'll just start using an account at another bank as the source of the first transfer, and another as the destination of the second transfer.

So yes, that service exists. Any bank with halfway decent online banking lets you do it yourself, for free.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by safigan
Create 2 accounts and do automatic transfer from one account to the other (and back) every month?
Originally Posted by bobert24
I've got the same situation at one of my banks. I set up an automated scheduled transfer on the first of every month from one of my accounts at that bank to the other, and another transfer back to the first account a few days later.

I get the feeling that eventually they'll see what's going on, and try to charge the fee anyway. If that ever happens, I'll just start using an account at another bank as the source of the first transfer, and another as the destination of the second transfer.

So yes, that service exists. Any bank with halfway decent online banking lets you do it yourself, for free.
My banker set this up purposefully to get me freebies on the checking. $25 transfer each month to savings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.