Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Update Nov. 27, 2019-- The US program is being discontinued and existing cardholders will earn "First Class Miles" as of Feb 1, 2020. Canadian residents can still apply for the Aeroplan miles earning card.

TD is known to have delays in posting miles to Aeroplan accounts. You might even see your AC# in the online pdf statements, but often this number is not in something called a "Rewards Summary" section. For thoe who apply for this card, you could call even before the first statement generates and pretend that you are not sure if you provided your AC# when filling your application. Ask them to check the "Rewards Summary" section and see if there is an AC#.

Be prepared for long hold times.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite

Earn 25,000 bonus miles in your first three billing cycles – plus no annual fee your first year

Earn 25,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on net purchases in the first three billing cycles after account opening1
Earn 2X Aeroplan Miles per $1 spent on Air Canada net purchases1
Earn 1 Aeroplan Mile per $1 spent on all other net purchases1
Annual fee waived for first year, then $95 each year thereafter1
Your Aeroplan Miles will not expire as long as you are a TD Aeroplan Credit Cardholder2
Aeroplan Miles can be redeemed for a wide choice of travel, entertainment, merchandise and gift card reward options
Enjoy exclusive Visa Signature benefits4 such as complimentary 24/7 concierge service, access to events, special shopping perks and more3
The only U.S. Aeroplan affiliated credit card that lets you earn Aeroplan Miles every time you use your card

Great for Canadians who want a large credit limit in the US. Apply by fax/mail and TD will check your Canadian credit history instead of your American one.

http://www.tdbank.com/personalcreditcard/aeroplan.html
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Thanks for posting this.

The card is probably also of some interest to Canadians in the US and Americans who fly Air Canada (or at least those who want a few extra Aeroplan points).

For Canadians, the points seem to be an advantage over the RBC Bank card, which is also a US card available to Canadians.

I'm wondering what FTers will think?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
It's issued by a Canadian bank, earning on a Canadian mileage program... and it's got a 3% FTF. At least it's chipped- wonder if it's PIN-priority like the Canadian-issued cards.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Anyone tried the app already? What is the "Preferred Customer Number" on the app form?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:30 pm

It's not issued by a Canadian Bank

It's issued by TD Bank US, America's Most Convenient Bank, and not TD Canada Trust.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Given that TD (US) and TD (Canada) are wholly owned by the same parent, branded similarly, and the fact that TD (Canada) markets TD (US) as if it were the same, it's close enough. But that's getting off-topic.

And I can answer my own question now- the website makes no mention of PIN, only signature. Guess it's yet another Chip+Sign card.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:41 am

Jamar, there is a difference between "issued by a Canadian bank" and "issued by a US bank (which is a subsidiary of a Canadian bank)". For some people it might not be a big difference, but for many it might be a big difference. We just should be accurate for everybody's sake.

Reading the terms, it appears 3% FTF is a true "foreign transaction fee" which applies to even US$ transactions which are posted by a merchant outside the US. However, I've seen banks that indicated that in their terms but only really charged it on non-US$ transactions and whose agents even did not understand it. Is there anybody who has this card who can confirm how FTF is handled?

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:04 pm
Original Member

This could be particularly useful if you plan to transfer you American Express Membership Rewards points to Air Canada for an award you know is available.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
My card just came in today, gonna try to double dip with the Canadian version of this card so I can combine it with existing Aeroplan miles and get out of this horrible program!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by msp3
My card just came in today, gonna try to double dip with the Canadian version of this card so I can combine it with existing Aeroplan miles and get out of this horrible program!
Transfer your Aeros to US Airways miles before the merger with AA, through points.com. I've done it the past 2 years, great way of making your Aeros useful!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Time-limited?

I've received two email messages from Aeroplan this week regarding this card that mention March 16th:

Introducing the all‑new TD AeroplanTM Visa Signature® Card, the ideal credit card to accumulate Aeroplan Miles with every purchase. Apply by March 16, 2015, and with the combination of faster accumulation and the opportunity to earn 25,000 bonus miles (by making $1,000 in purchases within your first three billing cycles after account opening), you'll be flying to your next destination in no time.

Ready to make every purchase count?
As far as I can tell, the email offer is identical to the website offer.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Just came across this card while poking around in my mom's Aeroplan account.... 25K isn't all that impressive for a US card - but the ability to get a card that isn't issued by Chase, Amex, Citi, Barclays, USBank is certainly enticing!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:44 pm

I got this when I tried to apply:

Online Application System Error
Unfortunately we were unable to process your application.

Please call our customer service center at 888-561-8861 to complete your application. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing TD
----
No clue whether that is a pending or it completely errored out. I think probably an error, but I have to call back between 8am and 9pm Eastern time to find out if they have the app or I need to reapply.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:48 am

For future reference's sake, even though I got an "Online Application System Error", they did do a hard pull, so *don't* simply reapply online if you get that error.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by AmexCent
Anyone tried the app already? What is the "Preferred Customer Number" on the app form?
The Preferred Customer Number is essentially analogous to an invitation ID - I received a mailer with this offer. However, the mailer I received has an offer identical to the one linked in this thread. But, since it provides a different link, I'll post it: tdbank.com/aeroplan_dm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.