Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite MasterCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by AJCU

Now, to downgrade my Executive, cancel it, or switch it to the prestige? Then to apply for the US Airways card now and try again for the AA cards when/if they come out (I do not have any Barclays cards), or to just wait out. Completely speculative, but, what should I do?!
Apply for the US Airways card while you still can. Since the new AA branded cards will only be available as an upgrade for existing customers ONLY

CitiBank is the exclusive card issuer for the new AA , and this could start any day now
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Just talked with a rep at Barclays in their "rewards" department, who seemed to know what he is talking about... Said, most cardmembers will be converted to standard AA cards , but a few will have option to upgrade to the premium card. In other words, I wouldn't hold my breath. Funny how Barclays markets itself, "I am the big shot in the room" when in reality, they don't have much of a foot to stand on

Anyway, considering their set target for a world elite "upgrade" is 25k in annual spend, combined with the fact that I was not one of those targeted for the
Barclays arrival +world elite card when it came out, I again won't hold my breath

Last edited by rgAAFT; Nov 8, 2014 at 8:23 am
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by austin_modern
... waiting for the fee-waived signup version of it....

actually per

http://theforwardcabin.boardingarea....e-credit-card/

you may get your wish (of course they may have their facts wrong)
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
I know Barclays CS is horrible etc...
Horrible customer service? Really? They've been a bit stingy with acceptances and limits for me, but I've always found they've been very responsive. Hold times have been short and the first person I talk to always seems pretty competent and capable of answering my questions.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tymothy
Horrible customer service? Really? They've been a bit stingy with acceptances and limits for me, but I've always found they've been very responsive. Hold times have been short and the first person I talk to always seems pretty competent and capable of answering my questions.
I guess it is YMMV scenario, but judging from a lot of negative feedback about Barclays CS , I don't know...
Also, I hear their dispute department is pretty bad,which is.not good if you use the card everyday/ travel overseas with it and face problems with merchants
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...useless-2.html

Last edited by rgAAFT; Oct 29, 2014 at 6:41 am
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
does anybody knows if you can request a PC of Arrival plus for this card?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
does anybody knows if you can request a PC of Arrival plus for this card?
This would appear to be prohibited by Barclays contract with American Airlines which does not allow them to issue AAdvantage cards, only to convert existing US Airways cards to AAdvantage when the programs are combined. Barclays would seem to be foolish to try to skirt around the edge and risk losing the ability to maintain their AAdvantage customer base.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
This would appear to be prohibited by Barclays contract with American Airlines which does not allow them to issue AAdvantage cards, only to convert existing US Airways cards to AAdvantage when the programs are combined. Barclays would seem to be foolish to try to skirt around the edge and risk losing the ability to maintain their AAdvantage customer base.
Thanks that is true. What about PC this card to the US airways card and waiting a bit for autochange? I want to avoid a HP
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Thanks that is true. What about PC this card to the US airways card and waiting a bit for autochange? I want to avoid a HP
That should work assuming you can get them to "product Switch" you to the US Airways card
At any rate,
if you want the US Airways card,I would act sooner than later
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
So has anyone besides TPG actually received an invite for one of these puppies yet?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:47 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of Citi AA Executive annual fee has been exported:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...nnual-fee.html
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by austin_modern
the red will most certainly have a fee waived version... silver will be less likely but possible.
You don't understand. There won't be any signup available for either the red or the silver. Both cards are only upgrades/conversions from US cards. The only card you can apply for outright is the US card.

Barclays cannot market these cards as new cards, per the AA exclusivity with Citi for marketing new AA cards. Barclays is out of the business of marketing AA cards as soon as the US Dividend Miles program disappears. It's only through conversion/upgrade that they're allowed to provide AA cards, but only to existing US cardholders.

So to get either a Red or Silver card, you have to apply for a US card first. And so that's the only one that can possibly have an annual fee waived on a signup. (But I'm not sure how likely that is.)
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You don't understand. There won't be any signup available for either the red or the silver. Both cards are only upgrades/conversions from US cards. The only card you can apply for outright is the US card.

Barclays cannot market these cards as new cards, per the AA exclusivity with Citi for marketing new AA cards. Barclays is out of the business of marketing AA cards as soon as the US Dividend Miles program disappears. It's only through conversion/upgrade that they're allowed to provide AA cards, but only to existing US cardholders.

So to get either a Red or Silver card, you have to apply for a US card first. And so that's the only one that can possibly have an annual fee waived on a signup. (But I'm not sure how likely that is.)
+1
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Just found this thread on the AA section, seems like a lot of people are using that as the default place to share News
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...-targeted.html

Maybe mods could help us determine the true proper place to discuss this topic and merge threads?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Any data points on whether multiple silver cards can earn multiple 10k bonus miles (in 5k increments of course)? I've got two silver cards and have earned the 10k for one of them and am working on the next one but will stop if there is data telling me it can't be done. I get the 'intent' being just one; but in practice...anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.