Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which card next if I want to fly AirNZ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Which card next if I want to fly AirNZ?

My FICO score is 753. I have the Barclays Arrival Mastercard and the BoA Travel Rewards card as I generally prefer cashback to miles or hotel stays (I use priceline for almost all hotel stays).

The main flights we take are from the US back to New Zealand. We prefer to fly AirNZ direct from LA to Auckland rather than flying via another country.

Are there any cards that are going to give a signup bonus that could be used to book flights on AirNZ? We are economy travelers and the AirNZ airpoints dollars program sucks for us as we generally travel on low priced sale fares.

Otherwise, is there another card like the Barclays one that essentially gives cash for meeting the minimum spend?

Thanks folks!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

The Chase/UA card, and the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, which earns Ultimate Rewards points that can be converted to UA miles on a 1:1 basis.

UA miles can be redeemed for travel on Air New Zealand (and other Star Alliance carriers) with no surcharges, if low-tier award seats are available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.