Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 25, 14, 8:33 pm   #1

Easiest bank to get approval for Business Card?

Which banks are the easiest/require the least amount of info to get approved for one of their business cards? I heard Amex was relatively easy but spending too much might trigger a "Financial Review". I remember hearing Citi was tougher and sometimes requires a tax return...
pitching51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 14, 10:38 pm   #2

Easiest bank to get approval for Business Card?

Most biz corp cards discussed on flyertalk are based on the applicants credit history. Do you have a low FICO
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 14, 1:16 am   #3

IMHO and experience it is no harder to get a biz card than a personal card at any bank I've had dealings with.

Why are you concerned?

As asked above--how's your personal credit? Having problems getting personal cards?

By the way, I have found Citi relatively easy to get cards from (personal or biz)--if your credit is okay.
biggestbopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 14, 7:09 am   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitching51 View Post
Which banks are the easiest/require the least amount of info to get approved for one of their business cards? I heard Amex was relatively easy but spending too much might trigger a "Financial Review". I remember hearing Citi was tougher and sometimes requires a tax return...
The AMEX "financial review" and Citi "tax return" are pretty much the same thing (IRS form 4506-T) except for the timing: In the Citi case, they hold up your application for a few weeks to a couple months if they need that, but your other accounts (if you have other accounts at Citi) are untouched during that time. At AMEX, it can happen after you've opened an account and are in the middle of using it.

However: In either case, this has nothing to do with whether it's a personal or business card! If you have this concern for business cards, you should have exactly the same concern for personal cards!
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 14, 12:43 pm   #5

No concerns about my FICO. I'm at 776. Over the last two years I've racked up a ton of personal cards (for sign-up bonuses) and was running out of new personal card options. Never had a business card before so I was considering starting to apply for those.
pitching51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 14, 12:59 pm   #6

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Chase, no problem, just open a business checking account,
satman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 14, 1:44 pm   #7

Programs: All of em...
I get the most business card instant approvals from Amex.

Citi and Chase approve me but I usually have a more lengthy phone call and have to answer the most questions with Chase.
Old Sep 26, 14, 1:54 pm   #8

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Who has the most business cards...,Chase,
Amex is no problem either, if you have the business credit limits.
Citi is also easy,

The best borrowed money is your own, that is in the bank...
The Paper Trip, is an old book,
satman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 14, 6:15 pm   #9

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Amex.
patrick.barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 14, 6:56 pm   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by satman40 View Post
But don't deposit Money Orders into it!!!
Father-of-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 14, 1:25 am   #11
Suspended

Location: IAH | TX | ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡| ̴̡ı
Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Why is that? I think someone in the MS forum said Chase is strict but doesn't care much about MOs in a biz checking account.
FTRox87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 14, 12:39 pm   #12

Programs: United
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
The AMEX "financial review" and Citi "tax return" are pretty much the same thing (IRS form 4506-T) except for the timing: In the Citi case, they hold up your application for a few weeks to a couple months if they need that, but your other accounts (if you have other accounts at Citi) are untouched during that time. At AMEX, it can happen after you've opened an account and are in the middle of using it.

However: In either case, this has nothing to do with whether it's a personal or business card! If you have this concern for business cards, you should have exactly the same concern for personal cards!
Ditto.

More than the issuing bank, having your ducks in a row will determine your ease of application. If you have bad credit (particularly bad payment history or tons of recent account openings) and you're stuttering about what it is you do and how much revenue you have or will have on the reconsideration call, the bank doesn't matter.
Wendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 6:42 pm   #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MY FICO is over 800. I've been "invited" (email) to apply for a Citi Business card, with a 50K AA bonus with 3K spend/3 months.

Looks inviting, but the last time I applied for a biz card (I think it was with Citi) I remember getting a hard time and no card.

I already have their Master Card. Probability of approval?

-- The Wizard of Oz
BigLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:07 pm   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by satman40 View Post
You don't even need that. i did get a federal tax id number though, not sure if that helped.
tjguitar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:29 pm   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjguitar85 View Post
You don't even need that. i did get a federal tax id number though, not sure if that helped.
I only use my ss# and no business checking acct, I got approved for both Chase Ink bold and plus.
wuchien6401 is offline   Reply With Quote